IMG_0833 (resized).JPG
IMG_0831 (resized).JPG
IMG_0830 (resized).JPG
IMG_0832 (resized).JPG
IMG_3266 (resized).JPG
AVSevolution1 (resized).png
AVSevolution3 (resized).png
AVSevolution2 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jam_burglar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#69 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

from what i understand MT PO was only in the US. The parallel release overseas was regular PO. When the MT license ran out they brought regular PO to the states but it didn't sell well.

"Punch Out!" was a dedicated arcade game Nintendo put out in 1984. The arcade game did not have Mike Tyson. Instead of "Little Joe" you played as this green see-through dude.

"Mike Tyson's Punchout" was for the NES and, although it had many of the same characters as the arcade game, it was pretty different and didn't come out until 1987 or so. There are many differences between the arcade version and the NES adaptation. The graphics, sound, and play are pretty different. The arcade version is harder and less predictable.

In 1990 or so, Nintendo removed Tyson from the NES version and replaced him with "Mr. Dream."

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from sanctumwear:

I have a Nintendo VS. System running off an 8-way switcher with the complete game collection. It gets played more than any console.

nintendo vs.jpg 117 KB

This is what I have. The Vector Labs switcher in my Vs (DK Jr. conversion) cab. Works great, has the superior arcade versions of the games, and the nice RGB color. I can also swap out the CP and change out for classic Mario Bros in a few minutes. It cost a lot more than $500 though.

#89 9 years ago

I have to admit that the thing looks cool as hell. $500 is steep but there's something to be said for not having to learn about Raspberry Pies and Strawberry Fruitcakes and Blueberry Muffins just to play your old Nintendo games. The built-in RGB mod, the ability to play Famicom games and the additional sound features are pretty sweet and that's what peaks my interest more than anything. I'm assuming they've figured out how to RGB it withoug killing VS. PPU chips. I shudder to think of all the Vs. Duck Hunt PPUs that were killed so that some guy could RGB mod his NES.

#103 9 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Exactly why I did. Got a Wii and component cable. In a hardware sense, a Wii is a slightly upgraded GameCube with motion controls. Playing Gamecube games with Gamecube controllers on it is pure in my opinion.

So pure it hurts

#126 9 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

I think I have one, but I could be thinking of the Wii. What's the attraction? You can run your gamecube games off the Wii with a component cable and use an original GC controller.

That was what DugFreez and Captain_Kirk were saying. The Wii can play Game Cube Games and the component cable is far cheaper fo the Wii. As far as Game Cube games, that's a far cheaper solution. You get the 480p on Game Cube games that way without having to shell out $200 for a Game Cube component cable. The only downside is that the Game Cube had an add on adapter so you could play Gameboy and Gameboy advance games through the Game Cube, that won't work with the Wii.

Or, in pinball language the above reads "Psh, with Wii you can play GC games with CCs for less $$$. Just no GB/GBC/GBA. Sux. OMG, TTOMO OR GTFO. -JB

1 year later
#220 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

the analogue nt mini isn't that great in my opinion. only $50 cheaper than the original? what set the analogue nt apart was that it was an actual board set with the same [salvaged] chips from famicom's. the mini just has an FPGA in it (which I believe is probably what the retrousb has.

Interesting, is there any practical difference?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jam_burglar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/500-new-nes-video-game-system-for-preorder-hdmi-out?tu=jam_burglar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.