5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 235 posts
  • 82 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Rarehero
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 81 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20150326_183544 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
IMG_0833 (resized).JPG
IMG_0831 (resized).JPG
IMG_0830 (resized).JPG
IMG_0832 (resized).JPG
IMG_3266 (resized).JPG
AVSevolution1 (resized).png
AVSevolution3 (resized).png
AVSevolution2 (resized).png

There are 235 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 5 years ago

So there will be a new luxury Nintendo Entertainment System as of this summer called the Analogue Nt. It will cost $500 (up to $550 with HDMI out) and that's without any controllers. It is marketed as the best possible way to run old 8-Bit NES games without emulation on modern HD Televisions. It is constructed out of aluminum like modern Apple Macbook Pro computers.

http://analogueinteractive.com/

What do you guys think? I would like to have one of these. Not a must buy for me but its still pretty cool...

analogue-nt-nes-6.jpg

#2 5 years ago

Love this stuff but 550 no way 8bit Definetly does not need hdmi lol

#3 5 years ago

Cool, but no way should it cost 550..... Or should I say, no way would I pay 550?

#4 5 years ago

Yeah, I'm not sure where all the money's going. Sure, it's slick, but seems overkill.

For about $400 less you can get an Ouya that does a whole lot more....

#5 5 years ago

I think it's pretty expensive but I definitely want to see how it performs before jumping to further conclusions. I love the NES, especially for the memorable music style of the games. I still want a Neo Geo CMVS console Analogue Interactive sells before one of these Nintendos, but I could totally see myself getting one of these before long.

#6 5 years ago

500$??
insane..

#7 5 years ago

I love the NES, still have 100 or so games, and even have a NIB Action Set that I've had for probably 15 years now. When I want to play I've got a beater system that works well enough. Every five years or so I bust out Ninja Gaiden and Castlevania to remind myself I'm only mortal, but doubt I would throw $500 in that direction.

#8 5 years ago

It's not April.

#9 5 years ago

That's a bit steep. So you can't get NESs at pawnshops for $20 anymore?

#10 5 years ago

Do you still have to blow into the cartridge? If not i don't want it. Part of the "fun" was finding the sweet spot where you wouldn't get the flashing power light.

#11 5 years ago

Think I'll stick to playing my NES emulator on my home theater PC along with all the other systems via HDMI

#12 5 years ago

I have my pc connected to my tv via hdmi, and play all systems through that. I have all the controllers hook into the computer so you can play any system with the correct controller. Runs flawless and looks great on 75" tv. Plus you get better features like saving progress, resuming, no freezing, etc.

#13 5 years ago

Their coolest product is the consolized Neo Geo that takes MVS cartridges. It's made of wood and looks bad ass.

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from tmontana:

Do you still have to blow into the cartridge? If not i don't want it. Part of the "fun" was finding the sweet spot where you wouldn't get the flashing power light.

Trick I'm going to share that I don't think most people know. Put your shirt over the cartridge and blow thru your shirt. Works everytime and works better than just blowing straight into the cartridge "unprotected". When we were young, my friend would say we were blowing dust back into the cartridge to make it work. It was magical.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

Their coolest product is the consolized Neo Geo that takes MVS cartridges. It's made of wood and looks bad ass.

I'm actually saving up for a Black Label CMVS Neo Geo made out of cocobolo wood. It's gonna cost me almost 2K for the sucker with 2 matching joysticks. It's worth it to me because its my total grail home video game console and I consider The King of Fighters '98 as the greatest video game ever produced.

black-label-hero-600x250.jpg

Kof98.gif

#16 5 years ago

I still have two NES' and I hacked the crap out of my Wii with homebrew. My wife and I still play 8 bit all the time. For the money, I would rather spend the $ on a new pin. Thank you very much.

#17 5 years ago

Actually there is another system coming out that runs 8 systems worth of games and controller outputs. I know it can run NES, SNES, Genesis, N64, Saturn, Jag, and 2 others. Price point is around $80. I think i'd hold out for that one instead, since you pretty much could play everything on it.

#18 5 years ago

Retrolink NES USB controller is $10.47 shipped from amazon.com here

31IFnvWHwzL.jpg

amazon.com link »

Most people have a HTPC hooked up to their plasma/lcd/projector so install a NES emulator and download your favorite roms. There are other USB controllers for SNES and Sega Saturn

51XvprencYL._SX385_.jpg

amazon.com link »

41klgqQxPQL._SX385_.jpg

amazon.com link »

If you want you can just get the Sega Saturn one and use it for most emulators.

#19 5 years ago

https://www.retrousb.com/index.php?cPath=21

These are the way to go, use the actual controllers.

#20 5 years ago

Here is what I do. No its not HDMI but its also less than $100 to play NES/SNES stock, you can buy an adapter to play Sega games, and with a Super GameBoy you can play Gameboy games. If anyone is wondering it is called a Retro Duo Portable V2.0. It can connect to a tv but its still the rca plugs so again no where near HDMI. Also it comes with an adapter to hook up 2 old school SNES controllers to it.

original.jpg

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from KloggMonkey:

https://www.retrousb.com/index.php?cPath=21
These are the way to go, use the actual controllers.

That asshole sent me an empty box. Well almost empty. He sent USB cables & nothing else!

IIRC his name is Brian Parker.

He owes me like $60

I'd like to meet the doucher some day. It's been prolly 7 years but PW79 never forgets getting F'd

#22 5 years ago

I still got my ol' top loader with the box and about 250 of my favorite nes carts.

the nes is still my favorite system of all time

i'm guessing you could mod out a top loader for way cheaper than a 500 "luxury" system.

img_7363.jpg

#23 5 years ago

Go with a multi emulator cabinet. Will have a NES emulator in it as well as the actual 8 bit arcade version via MAME and all the other emulators noted above.

ebay.com link » 39 Led 4 Player Home Video Arcade Game Mame Tm Can Play 1 000s Of Games

#24 5 years ago

I still have my working NES that my dad bought me in 1985. Its in my living room as decoration. I sold my game collection, but it only takes me a few minutes to burn roms on a donor cartridge whenever someone wants to play something.

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from sanctumwear:

I still have my working NES that my dad bought me in 1985. Its in my living room as decoration. I sold my game collection, but it only takes me a few minutes to burn roms on a donor cartridge whenever someone wants to play something.

IMG_1259.jpg

http://www.stoneagegamer.com/everdrive-n8-deluxe-edition-nes.html

You can buy a cart where you can load up all the roms you would ever need and play on a real NES. Kinda nice, still it's not the same as having the real carts. They don't play 100 perfect of course.

#26 5 years ago

How about R.O.B. The robot for the NES

#27 5 years ago

Cool idea but price is sky high.

I would pass all day every day.

It would be cheaper to have 1 smaller CRT TV and use the things you already own.

Niche market but it has one I just think it is overpriced.

#28 5 years ago

Still have my Nes, atari 2600, colecovision and intellivision. Hooked up in my games room to a 19" crt tv. So I can play duck hunt and hogans alley with the lightgun. Have a good collection of clasdic game carts.
I also have them emulated and play on my living room 56" tv. With a lightguns as well for arcade shooters and nes shooters. Use wireless xbox 360 controllers for all other games.
But still turn them on in the game room every pinball night with friends.

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from Strange:

http://www.stoneagegamer.com/everdrive-n8-deluxe-edition-nes.html
You can buy a cart where you can load up all the roms you would ever need and play on a real NES. Kinda nice, still it's not the same as having the real carts. They don't play 100 perfect of course.

IMG_1259.jpg 13 KB

powerpak_main_large.jpg

Never knew about that one, here is another alternative as well and a lot less than $500 as well.

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from Strange:

I have a Nintendo VS. System running off an 8-way switcher with the complete game collection. It gets played more than any console.
nintendo vs.jpg

#31 5 years ago

^That's badass.

This stuff was meant to be played on original hardware, on a CRT screen. All of which are still available cheaply. Tube TVs are free all day on CL.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from RyThom:

Yeah, I'm not sure where all the money's going. Sure, it's slick, but seems overkill.
For about $400 less you can get an Ouya that does a whole lot more....

I have an Ouya and am not impressed at all... In fact I want to sell it...

#33 5 years ago

This works well for me.. Classic, nostalgic, and cheap!
2014-05-08 07.20.32.jpg

#34 5 years ago

I built this several years ago. Its from an old defender cab, has original nes hardware, and you can change out the games in that lit up red slot. IMG_0107.JPG

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from TunaSled:

^That's badass.
This stuff was meant to be played on original hardware, on a CRT screen. All of which are still available cheaply. Tube TVs are free all day on CL.

I'm not a fan of having a CRT around because any decent screen size weighs a million pounds. There is nothing wrong with things in the past being new again or evolving. The past few years has given birth to a consolized Neo Geo MVS arcade console and a consolized CPS2 arcade board. It's a beautiful thing. Only being possible with modern technology. This Analogue Nt is beautiful as well, it just seems a little expensive is all...

#36 5 years ago

I recently picked up a $45 upconversion box that takes composite and s-video and upconverts it to HD with HDMI output. It works way better than I was expecting. I'm running composite NES and S-vid SNES and N64. On my 65" LCD it looks better than they did running straight into my old 65" RP CRT and almost (but not quite) as good as on a much smaller tube CRT. Without the box they really looked horrible on the LCD...even more so because the new TV doesn't have S-vid. Even just upconverting composite from the NES looks surprisingly great though. With the game mode on my TV I don't even have any noticable lag. So I'm pretty darn happy with my retro consoles again. Since it's finally garage sale season, hopefully I'll find some hidden treasures again this year, LOL!

This new system looks sweet, but ridiculously priced. Then again the guys that love niche console stuff probably think the same thing about pinball machines!

#37 5 years ago

My original Nintendo from when I was 5 years old looks just fine using RCA input cables into my Samsung HD DLP tv. Never had a problem. Take your $550.00 and buy a new pinball machine.

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

That asshole sent me an empty box. Well almost empty. He sent USB cables & nothing else!
IIRC his name is Brian Parker.
He owes me like $60
I'd like to meet the doucher some day. It's been prolly 7 years but PW79 never forgets getting F'd

I ordered a pair of the SNES retro ports, one didn't work... I expected to get shafted, but I sent it back and got a new working one sent to me fast.

Surprising that he would screw people over, but maybe I just got lucky.

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from KloggMonkey:

I ordered a pair of the SNES retro ports, one didn't work... I expected to get shafted, but I sent it back and got a new working one sent to me fast.
Surprising that he would screw people over, but maybe I just got lucky.

You did get lucky

Which pisses me off more now lol

#40 5 years ago

Mega Man 3's "Spark Man Theme" always gets me in the mood to blow over 500 bucks on a new NES.... LOL

#41 5 years ago

I'm a retro-gaming dealer in my mythical spare time, and I think that's ridiculous. If you want a console with HDMI out, in a couple months you can have the Retron 5 for WAY cheaper. It isn't 100% hardware, but unlike previous products they can fix that and it works amazingly. It also happens to play Genesis, SNES and Game Boy Advance games too.

I have spent considerable time on one, and for 1/4th the cost, I would and will be doing it. It's the first remade console that is actually going to get me to put away some of my original hardware.

#42 5 years ago

I'd rather buy a PS4 than this.

4 weeks later
#43 5 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

If you want a console with HDMI out, in a couple months you can have the Retron 5 for WAY cheaper. It isn't 100% hardware, but unlike previous products they can fix that and it works amazingly. It also happens to play Genesis, SNES and Game Boy Advance games too.

That Retron 5 finally came out. It's seems pretty decent for the price, but it doesn't seem my style because there is still emulation involved.

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from Strange:

I'm actually saving up for a Black Label CMVS Neo Geo made out of cocobolo wood. It's gonna cost me almost 2K for the sucker with 2 matching joysticks. It's worth it to me because its my total grail home video game console and I consider The King of Fighters '98 as the greatest video game ever produced.

black-label-hero-600x250.jpg 16 KB

just buy an original neo geo cabinet and save yourself the $ for a pin or more mvs cartidges.
that style of controller is awkward and actually after a bit painful to hold onto....unless you plan to nail it to a table.
nothing plays like the real machine based on my experience, unless you get a super gun, but then the controllers are still awkward to hold, and often the sticks and buttons are not like the real deal

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

just buy an original neo geo cabinet and save yourself the $ for a pin or more mvs cartidges.
that style of controller is awkward and actually after a bit painful to hold onto....unless you plan to nail it to a table.
nothing plays like the real machine based on my experience, unless you get a super gun, but then the controllers are still awkward to hold, and often the sticks and buttons are not like the real deal

I've actually have had an Eightarc fightstick for a couple of years now and have gotten used to it. But yes, at first the thing just seemed not nearly sturdy enough on my lap. Practice makes perfect. I take the aesthetics and small form factor of the wooden CMVS over an original cabinet so I still plan on getting that Analogue Interactive neo geo.

0480_7957.jpg

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

+1. I do have a Retron 3 for my NES/SNES games, but the original consoles still work best. I have my Super Famicom hooked up to my (newish) T.V and the thing works like a dream.

7 months later
#47 5 years ago

The insides of the Analogue NT is beautiful as well... I guess that matters?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/13/look-at-whats-inside-the-analogue-nt

3jpg-7f792b_960w.jpg

nes_medium.jpg

#48 5 years ago

Can buy a great upscaler for 400 off amazon that will do more than just one console. Sounds to me like this priced itself right out of the market, except for the rich boys buying stuff from Skymall...

#49 5 years ago

I can run an Emulator and plug my actual NES controllers into a USB adapter I built. Or I can use my modded original Xbox. Or god forbid break out the actual NES. Will I do any of these things? No, probably not. I have too many new games to play!

#50 5 years ago

I got an retron 5 for Christmas. It works great and upscales as well. The controller is junk but we have original controllers.

It is emulating but all it does is dump the code when you load it so nothing illegal. Plus side to this is the game will never freeze up on you unlike an original nes with a dusty cartridge.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 9.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 2.00
Various Other Swag
Project Pinball Charity
$ 89.99
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 27.95
Cabinet Parts
Maple Street Sign Shop
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 19.95
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinfarmer Mods
There are 235 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside