IMG_0561_(resized).JPG
20160128_172955_(resized).jpg
CREATURE_(resized).jpg
Revenge-from-Mars-monster-movies-37244583-958-602_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
MMR_3D_Translite_1_(resized).jpg
MMR_3D_Translite_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HerrBerzerk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#162 8 years ago

Hello Pinsiders,

I just registered here for this single topic (so why not participate here at pinside from now on ), because I want to tell you about my experiences with the 3D MM-Translite I made last friday.

Two words about me: First Pinball in 1977 and collector since then. Also repairing and restoring arcade machines.

I was on a Pinball-Event at Pinball-Dreams last Friday and was eager to see the new translite. I did not read about the 3d-Bug before. So Henrik from PD showed the translite to me and I was really stunned how good it was. I did see some prototypes like 2 years ago and I always thought that this 3D-translite will never happen because they looked so blurry back then.

So after a minute or two, Henrik told me about this bug and asked me to find it. Now honestly, I was examing the whole translite for minutes and did not see anything. I was asking him for a hint, he said search in the left third. -Nothing-. -Another hint please-. -Top left quarter-. -Nothing-. Finally, he asked me to look at the tower with the damsel and I saw it.

You might think I'm blind but actually I'm pretty good in finding bugs.

He told me about about the discussion about this bug at pinside, so I was curious to read this thread. And now it urges me to let you participate in my experience. You might think that I'm writing this on behalf of Pinball Dreams, but thats not the case. This was exactly what happened.

I might add that the effect on the animated GIF is really irritating. The GIF is exaggerating the bug a lot. In reality it is much unobtrusive. Probably because you are not continuously jumping 12 feet from left to right in front of your pinball machine, like this GIF is doing. My guess is, that some people from here will confirm that, when the first translites are delivered.

Have fun,

Frank

#165 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Nice read Frank and it's nice to see you here on Pinside. Where are you from?

Hi MustangPaul,

I'm from Germany.

Frank

#178 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Wherever shills come from?

In my opinion that's a little bit arrogant. Well, of course I can not proof my writing, but that is what happened. You can call me blind if you think so, but not shill.

Regards,

Frank

1 week later
#256 8 years ago

Yeah, and Bally Big Valley please!

1 week later
#289 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I'd probably be in for a TZ 3-D translite...

I would love TZ too and it would fit great, but according to my knowledge CBS owns all the rights to TZ so I guess you can not simply produce a translite without huge contract negotiations and paying royalties. Does someone know more about this issue? That's what I found:

Q: Who controls the rights to Rod Serling's work?

Twilight Zone, Playhouse 90, any CBS-TV series:
CBS Clip Licensing
CBS-TV City
7800 Beverly Boulevard
Los Angeles,CA 90036
323-575-2345

IN A NUTSHELL: CBS owns all Twilight Zone rights. Not the Serlings, not the Foundation. You must contact CBS...

To request permission to stage an episode
To request permission to use any element of those broadcasts
To report misuse of images, sounds or phrases
from the Twilight Zone

So someone give them a call?

#305 8 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

No, as I said before Mdse is a different license than pinball parts. We have a different license with WMS for mdse (which 3D translites fall under), not the WMS pinball parts license.

Is a translite without 3d also a mdse object then or is this a pinball part?

Thank you!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HerrBerzerk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3d-translites-to-come-mm-available-end-of-jan?tu=HerrBerzerk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.