(Topic ID: 185260)

2017. The beginning of the end for Stern...April 1st is over.

By Luckydogg420

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 303 posts
  • 95 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Frax
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20170402-115620 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20170402-124358 (resized).png
    IMG_2753 (resized).JPG
    idiocracy-poster (resized).jpg
    cdfdjr (resized).jpg
    stay_on_topic (resized).jpg
    stranger-danger-657454 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0161 (resized).JPG
    talk-radio-wincott (resized).jpg
    1295783 (resized).jpg
    Stewart (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20170331-153314 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    th (resized).jpg
    4288380 (resized).jpg
    Shiny_Toy (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jy64.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 7 years ago

Stern has dumped enough turds over the years to prove a poorly selling game is not the end of the world and ARM affecting mutable titles I don't think so.JJP may be hurt if AFM sells well with only one game every year or two a turd could kill them

#46 7 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

there's a lot of new competition in the pinball building game

You must be kidding lets take a look

2011 New Canasta game from MarsaPlay.

2012 one off Retro Pinball's King of Diamonds

announcement 2012 Predator

Capt Nemo shipped 30 games 2017

WOZ start shipping 2014

TH ship 2016

JPOP games ?

TBL ??

FT ships 2015

Spooky builds AMH RZ PH TJ

#54 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

???
    In this year alone my options of games to buy include:
    Woz, Hobbit, Dialed in
    Full Throttle, Aliens
    Rob zombie, Dominos, Jestons, Alice Cooper
    MMr, AFMr
    Houdini?
    Zombie Pitch and Bat
    am I missing anything?

People have been talking about a long list of games for several years but never seems to happen. Putting a off the line game like woz is funny hears a list of stern you can buy from my local distributor

AS BM66 GOT GB KISS MET Mustang Can Crusher SMve ST TWD WWE XMEN By the way MMr was there build and put money in there pocket

#64 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I cant imagine they are even close to 90% of the market.
    What are your numbers on this? Curious where it comes from.
    In rough math the past 2 years we know 2000plus WoZ, 1000 plus Hobbit, 150 AMH, 250ish RZ, 1000 MMr, 200 FullT?, a couple various others. For simple math just say 4000 games to round down.
    You think Stern is selling 40,000 games in the past 3 years even? I see NO WAY they are doing those numbers. Even antedotally, GB is their proclaimed best seller of recent and possibly best seller ever. There are only 262 pinside owners. 212 on route.
    In comparison WoZ has 867 pinside owners and 129 on route.
    Hobbit has 428/60
    The math does not add up.
    Stern might be 50% of total market now a days and that is being generous.

Wow you say the three yr magic number is 4000 game. So %50 of market means Stern sells 4000 games three yr funny stuff lets take a look games last three yr TWD,WWE,KISS,GOT,SMve,MMr,GB,BM66

#71 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

GB is their proclaimed best seller of recent and possibly best seller ever. There are only 262 pinside owners. 212 on route.
    In comparison WoZ has 867 pinside owners and 129 on route.
    Hobbit has 428/60

Whysnow you cherry pick statistics Pinside splits up the pro and prem GB games so 759 GB pinside owners 428 Pinside TH owners neither number means a lot but at least it is accurate

#88 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

sorry, I did not intend to bias the number. I forgot they split the games like that?
    Do they not split Woz into the different versions also?

I do not know why but no they do not

#103 7 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

The last time I looked at serial numbers, Stern was doing around 5000 Stern games a year. CGC seems to be doing about 500 to 1000 a year. Heighway likely has done about 100 a year for the last two years. Spooky maybe around 250 a year. JJp has probably done about 3500 WOZ (from 2013 to now) and somewhere in the ballpark of 2000 Hobbit which adds up to probably about 1000 to 2000 per year over the last two years.
    With those ballpark figures, Stern is likely in the 55 to 65% of the new pinball market range.

Given the size of the Stern factory I think if they put out only 10 games a day they would go under.Stern has put there number several times at 50 games a day thats 12,000 games a yr and with 12 games still being made believable

#143 7 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Now that is the type of attitude Stern wants for their Stern Army! Average code support with 6+ months in between updates (or never)? Who cares. Fixes being implemented by customers instead of at the factory? Yes, sounds like fun. More price increases with less being offered? Yes please
    For $5k to now $15k customers should expect more and for quality to not match but exceed that of Williams games made over 20 years ago.

A JJP fan started a Stern price thread they did the math and came up with this. between 2010 and 2017 there has been a 29% increase in price = 4.14% a year but quite variable over the individual years. Can you say jack price increase are less and he has been cutting features all the while game 2 & 3 do not hold a candle to game 1

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jy64.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2017-the-beginning-of-the-end-for-stern?tu=jy64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.