facepalmgroup.gif
IMG_2060.JPG
image.jpg
WOZ.jpg
woz-underside.jpg
clickme.gif
map.jpg
WOZ_Delivery_1.jpg
There are 152 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 11 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Good to know I wasn't the only one to enjoy that video. Thought I missed another thread with the very same link. People have been complaining (with good reason IMHO) about the lack of video, and very little praise when one show up !?

because the people complaining about no video aren't the ones who are going to praise it. That's never going to be their intention

#102 11 years ago

My legs

IMG_2060.JPGIMG_2060.JPG

#103 11 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Awesome. Give that owner a medal for taking the time to post a decent game play video!

I agree. That's the best 1.04 footage that I've seen

#104 11 years ago

I'm curious about the new topper. I haven't been following posts, so it might have been covered, but isn't it interactive? And what are peoples thoughts on it? I kind of like the look of the old one better(just my own preference-nothing against the new one), but maybe there are more features with the new one that make it better.

#105 11 years ago

It's gonna do more with a future update, from what I understand.

#106 11 years ago

I believe the new topper will be 'light show interactive' once it gets programmed into the code.

#107 11 years ago

Or what he said...

#108 11 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

And we wonder why there are not more videos posted.....
Looking forward to you getting your machine Crash.

It's actually Pintucky's game, and I'm itching to get up there as soon as it arrives! Here's my Fish Tales video I made this past summer to give you an idea. Alignment will be spot on with WOZ though.

#109 11 years ago

Crash, you may need a second camera to capture the crystal ball

#110 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

because the people complaining about no video aren't the ones who are going to praise it. That's never going to be their intention

Not true Alex, come on man quit being so negative. I was one of the ones complaining too. But I will also give praise where praise is due.

Pappy

#111 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

It's actually Pintucky's game, and I'm itching to get up there as soon as it arrives! Here's my Fish Tales video I made this past summer to give you an idea. Alignment will be spot on with WOZ though.
» YouTube video

Nice video Crash. I hope Pintuckey get's his game soon.

#112 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Here's my Fish Tales video I made this past summer to give you an idea. Alignment will be spot on with WOZ though.

Perfectly done. The right lighting so you can actually see the ball and great resolution. Great job. If you could do a video just like that of the WOZ we would be set dude.

Pappy

#113 11 years ago
Quoted from B9:

Crash, you may need a second camera to capture the crystal ball

Hm, crystal ball... might can use the one I used to capture the DMD in the FT video. That will be a stretch as I'm not sure how the angle will work out but I'll try that for sure.

#114 11 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Not true Alex, come on man quit being so negative. I was one of the ones complaining too. But I will also give praise where praise is due.
Pappy

I concede. There are a few exceptions to the rule

#115 11 years ago

The cowardly lion has his game

Sadly he doesn't have the courage to post video

The tin man has his game

Doesn't have the heart to post video though

Dorothy has her game

But it's at home & she's not in Kansas

The scarecrow has his game

No brains to figure out YouTube unfortunately

JK with ya guys, put away the pitchforks

#116 11 years ago

Played WOZ for the first time today!!!!!! What an amzing, awesome game!!! Screw the haters, JJP is for REAL!!!!

#117 11 years ago

did you buy one? If so, congrats.

#118 11 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

did you buy one?

No, I played one at Nickel City San Diego.

#119 11 years ago

And pinwiz's usual diatribes however harmonious they may be are the reasons the video I'm compiling now with rule sets won't be posted here.

#120 11 years ago

When I played the one at nickel city it was a prototype regular (not LE trim) and had weak flippers many bugs and little code. Did they switch it out for their LE that they had ordered? What code is running in it? Before I commit to Woz I would like to see the LE trim and newer code then decide whether to pay an extra grand or so for the LE or stick with the regular version(which looked pretty slick), or buy a proven winner(LOTR, AFM) if I feel Woz isn't for me. Pinchroma, please let me know when the update is. To be honest, a Woz purchase would be more for my young nieces and nephews than me. My 14 year old niece (who is so into facebook,twitter,Instagram, teen stuff etc.) recently played my TZ and said OMG this is so cool. I think she would be blown away by Woz tech. And in July there will be a huge family reunion. If the game is cool enough I would be looking to have one for that event.

#121 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Ever go to an auto show? Like NY or LA?

Detroit! Its what we do.

#122 11 years ago

Congrats OP on your new game.

Sorry pinchroma for thumbs down but for shame.

#123 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

And pinwiz's usual diatribes however harmonious they may be are the reasons the video I'm compiling now with rule sets won't be posted here.

Way to go pinwiz. Another useful positive post on Pinside, that does nothing. There's always a few that spoil it for others.

#124 11 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Woz I would like to see the LE trim and newer code then decide whether to pay an extra grand or so for the LE or stick with the regular version

Where have you been LE's are long gone...

. And in July there will be a huge family reunion. If the game is cool enough I would be looking to have one for that event.

if you order one now more like around xmas...

#125 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Great! then where are you going to post it? I ordered through a distributer. can I still get on the woz forum?

#126 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Yeah! That's the spirit! Give the troll exactly what it wants and deprive the most active pinball forum in the world exactly what it's asking for.

Not to mention the positive exposure that JJP and WoOz would get.

Sounds like a great plan.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#127 11 years ago

I wasn't actually trying to make anyone cry, it was humor.

If its not funny to you or your feelings are hurt then you are really being over sensitive & running out of things to whine about.

Alex I don't believe you one bit. If you aren't posting video it's because of "other" reasons. Sometimes I think you blow my posts out of proportion to divert attention from other things going on... Or maybe you just want to bicker?

Lighten up folks

#128 11 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

Give the troll exactly what it wants

I have to agree. Try not to allow haters to affect your actions or words. Just use the ignore feature and allow them to live in their own ignored world.

I have got used to "ignored user post" and smile when I see it.

#129 11 years ago

It

Quoted from tonycip:Great! then where are you going to post it? I ordered through a distributer. can I still get on the woz forum?

Email [email protected] to get added.

#130 11 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I wasn't actually trying to make anyone cry, it was humor.
If its not funny to you or your feelings are hurt then you are really being over sensitive & running out of things to whine about.
Alex I don't believe you one bit. If you aren't posting video it's because of "other" reasons. Sometimes I think you blow my posts out of proportion to divert attention from other things going on... Or maybe you just want to bicker?
Lighten up folks

How about you lighten up....on the posts that is. If you have something to post that is positive and uplifting , share it. If you are here to amuse yourself with your own postings, just save it, and spare others. Just talk to yourself.

#131 11 years ago
Quoted from Hitch9:

How about you lighten up....on the posts that is. If you have something to post that is positive and uplifting , share it. If you are here to amuse yourself with your own postings, just save it, and spare others. Just talk to yourself.

Your post is very negative

Please try again but with some positivity

#132 11 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Your post is very negative
Please try again but with some positivity

How's this: My experience in threads about the wizard of oz would be more positive if you refrained from trying to be funny in them.

While I'm not overly annoyed by your antics, others are. If you can't tell that's true or don't care, well, now you know. And the general pissing match that ensues because of it makes me sad. Do you want me to be sad? (I'm just a nobody, I know...)

#133 11 years ago

Ignored user comment

It's easy to fix!

#134 11 years ago

Alex- just hit ignore.

#135 11 years ago

We all know that where ever Alex posts his video, it will make it on to Pinside very quickly so it's not really a big deal whether or not he posts it himself.

He just won't have to deal directly with the "comics" on pinside if he doesn't post it himself and he keeps his word about no longer providing information to pinside.

Edit: I should add, the big deal is actually making the video.

#136 11 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

Ignored user comment
It's easy to fix!

Unfortunately, it's not. Threads get derailed (hey, lookit this one!) whether I can see the comments or not. Furthermore, there are several posters who are useful/interesting/whatever elsewhere on the site who are not in WOz threads .

#137 11 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

We all know that where ever Alex posts his video, it will make it on to Pinside very quickly so it's not really a big deal whether or not he posts it himself.
He just won't have to deal directly with the "comics" on pinside if he doesn't post it himself and he keeps his word about no longer providing information to pinside.

+1000 Exactly right

#138 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Bummer...

So was the idea to tell everyone (several times) that you would be posting a video of 1.08 only to not do it? Clever move! You really showed us!

I'm sure we are all very sorry for everything that we ever said that you didn't fully enjoy reading.

#139 11 years ago
Quoted from Excalabur:

How's this: My experience in threads about the wizard of oz would be more positive if you refrained from trying to be funny in them.
While I'm not overly annoyed by your antics, others are. If you can't tell that's true or don't care, well, now you know. And the general pissing match that ensues because of it makes me sad. Do you want me to be sad? (I'm just a nobody, I know...)

Go to the WOZ newsgroup if you want JJP owners patting each other on the back.

This is public forum, folks will share different opinions.

I refrain from insults, excessive profanity, personal attacks & other such unsavory shenanigans because its just pinball & I have no issues with the game or its fans.

But to tip toe around a game for almost 3 years.... Nah

I'm not a troll in hiding. I buy/sell with Pinsiders & meet with several every few weeks. Many people here know me personally & see me often. Jack knows who I am, he had to refund my cash. I never attack him or the project. I do point out BS however but I do so with some respect of the boundaries.

Go back & read my posts with less anger or WOZ shades & you will see I haven't said anything too terrible. Honestly if you don't like me, ignore me. I won't get my feelings hurt & I won't let Pinside drama affect real life if we meet at shows/events.

Have at it gentlemen, the weather is nice & it's a busy day

#140 11 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

Bummer...
So was the idea to tell everyone (several times) that you would be posting a video of 1.08 only to not do it? Clever move! You really showed us!
I'm sure we are all very sorry for everything that we ever said that you didn't fully enjoy reading.

Give it a rest already heh

#141 11 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

Sorry pinchroma for thumbs down but for shame.

Don't you ever get tired of seeing the same ones over and over getting their digs into him ?

Give them the thumbs down. They are the ones hurting Pinside.

LTG

#142 11 years ago

facepalmgroup.giffacepalmgroup.gif

#143 11 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

There probably wouldn't be SO many critics if he didn't jump in on EVERY comment ever posted about WoZ, tell us how wrong we all are, and then refuse to give out the proper information. This is, after all, where the "Alex took his ball and went home" came from...

If somebody doesn't like something I say, I ignore them and move on. I don't bait them into doing it time and time again.

#144 11 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

I don't bait them into doing it time and time again.

You're doing it again....

#145 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I honestly can't see the post that was made as is says "Ignored user comment" I just added a few more to that list.

#146 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yes he is.

#147 11 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Don't you ever get tired of seeing the same ones over and over getting their digs into him ?
Give them the thumbs down. They are the ones hurting Pinside.
LTG

Amen Lloyd.

#148 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I honestly can't see the post that was made as is says "Ignored user comment" I just added a few more to that list.

Ignore-ance is Bliss!

#149 11 years ago

The main reason I choose not to use the "ignore" feature (at least not yet), is that I want to see any overt misinformation get corrected, so that people who are new to WOZ don't get mislead. Oh, and I hate to admit it, but it's hard to not get caught up in the drama sometimes.

I'm also not so closely tied to the project, nor am I being personally targeted, so I'm better able to accept some of the humor as such and not let the few guys with agendas against JJP get to me too much.

#150 11 years ago
Quoted from Excalabur:

While I'm not overly annoyed by your antics, others are.

His post was funny.

Pappy

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Coos Bay, OR
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 152 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-friday/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.