_MG_0463.jpg
_MG_0454.jpg
_MG_0453.jpg
_MG_0448.jpg
_MG_0444.jpg
_MG_0443.jpg
_MG_0435.jpg
_MG_0430.jpg
There are 429 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 9.
#301 10 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Well, early thoughts on the LE.
Is it worth the money - no.
Do, I want one - yes.
Absolute blast to play. Felt like a long version of IM - which is a very good thing. Love the way the ship fires back.
Is it worth the extra than the Pro - no.
But, is it better than the Pro - yes.
Is it better than Tron LE - by a mile. Comparing this title as would rather this than the Tron LE which cost more!
I love the backglass, the side trim, the color changers, the kick back. Starfield projector - no big deal. The blue flasher under the spinner is way too bright. But the color changers are real nice, smooth. Dots were average.
Can that flasher be changed?
So, I want this title and don't like the Pro artwork and I want the LE - but at the moment I can't justify the price point. If there were only 400 I would buy one.
This is one game where I can't talk myself into the Pro. Too much missing. But I can't yet talk myself into an LE either. Sigh.
Had a 125 million game and man, what a rush!

Quoted from spidey:

Get a Premium and add the shaker.

I agree completely. With those comments, it would seen that the Premium version would be the perfect match for you. You get most of what the LE offers but you will be paying more than $1k less.

#302 10 years ago
Quoted from magnoliarichj:

you can back the screw out and put some wood filler in the hole to act as a loc-tite.. once it hardens your all set.

I tried a little glue, and a folded toothpick in the hole. It worked like a charm. Thanks for the suggestion!

#303 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

How many more title fights is WOZ going to lose before they retire the old girl ?

Yeah, that's going well.....

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-pin-to-buy-ecwozle-or-stle#post-1280326

#304 10 years ago

Ice I think you want a STLE. You have been in these threads a lot.

#305 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yeah, that's going well...

I can't fix, ..... !

#306 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Ice I think you want a STLE. You have been in these threads a lot.

I do want one, had one pre ordered but gonna wait a while until you guys flesh it out! And I'm just trying to keep up with Jimmy in the Woz threads.... If he keeps his more than 2 months I'm in!

Come on Jimmy, just say what you mean, "you can't fix stupid"

#307 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm just trying to keep up with Jimmy in the Woz threads....

Holy shit Ice , you troll every Stern thread ever since you ordered that time bomb WOZ Tick Tick Tick

#308 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I do want one, had one pre ordered but gonna wait a while until you guys flesh it out! And I'm just trying to keep up with Jimmy in the Woz threads.... If he keeps his more than 2 months I'm in!

I dropped out of my pre-order...but I played one yesterday for a few hours. Imagine that - playing it first...wheee! ...aaaand, I liked it....aaaand I wanted one....aaaaand I sent my check today lol.

#309 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I dropped out of my pre-order...but I played one yesterday for a few hours. Imagine that - playing it first...wheee! ...aaaand, I liked it....aaaand I wanted one....aaaaand I sent my check today lol.

Well you're awful easy Greg!

Quoted from McCune:

Holy shit Ice , you troll every Stern thread ever since you ordered that time bomb WOZ Tick Tick Tick

Wow factor on that one, I have more Stern's than you do, but you guys are part of the "dirty dozen" who thread crap every Woz...... After 3 years though, its all good, I've got both and the best!

#310 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

do want one, had one pre ordered but gonna wait a while

I wouldn't wait too long. The more of these pinheads play it the more they will be disappearing. I believe that.
IT's that good ICE.

#311 10 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I wouldn't wait too long. The more of these pinheads play it the more they will be disappearing. I believe that.
IT's that good ICE.

I'm really just waiting to see if you actually hold onto to yours Coast and I haven't seen you this excited about any pin 100 plays in so I'm paying attention and taking it all in!

I'm seeing a lot of converts.....

#312 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I liked it....aaaand I wanted one....aaaaand I sent my check today lol.

Welcome to the ST le Club Greg! Game is BAD ASS!

#313 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well you're awful easy Greg!

Hah...not really. I saw the LE at the Stern factory so I knew what it would look like. I played the Pro a bunch so I know what it played like. I thought it was fun but wasn't feeling it that much. However after playing the LE with the current code - I really enjoyed it and it can only get better with the Karl Urban update and whatnot.

What really won me over was how each mode has 3 stages and each one is totally different. This gives you massive variety in modes and how to play them....my initial fear of X-Men-esque code...it's just way too boring for example to keep starting Beast over and over within a single game and it being the same exact thing every time. So - you can play all levels of a mode if you want, or you can do the 3-in-a-row thing with different modes...there just seems to be a lot of variety with how you can play. Plus the Vengeance modes are cool, Klingon Multiball is cool - and yes, I think the disco laser show is cool... The color changing LEDs look awesome - and again, I think the FX will just get cooler and cooler as the game gets updated.

At the end of the day, I had my inner dialog battle "Don't buy it, it's too expensive, you don't need another game" vs. "Life is short, you like it, just get it and enjoy it before you die"

#314 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

At the end of the day, I had my inner dialog battle "Don't buy it, it's too expensive, you don't need another game" vs. "Life is short, you like it, just get it and enjoy it before you die"

Well, the "life is short" inner dialogue battle seems to win with you every time.....congrats on pin number 26!

I'm with you, just get it and enjoy it, I'm going to get to play it up at Pinballz soon.

I'm trying to stay mentally tough It's such a gorgeous pin and I'm a sucker for a great light show.....

#315 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I have more Stern's than you do,

You also own more invisible games than me . I have 3 Sterns you have 4 big deal .

#316 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

What really won me over was how each mode has 3 stages and each one is totally different. This gives you massive variety in modes and how to play them....my initial fear of X-Men-esque code...it's just way too boring for example to keep starting Beast over and over within a single game and it being the same exact thing every time. So - you can play all levels of a mode if you want, or you can do the 3-in-a-row thing with different modes...there just seems to be a lot of variety with how you can play.

I agree, and ironically, one of the main criticisms of many people is that the modes "all feel the same". At first I was thinking there was some truth to this, but as I get more time on it, the differences become more apparent. The way you can go 3 deep per mode vs going to the next mode can lead to a lot of different strategies in the game...once I learn how the 3 in a row rules and 3 deep modes all work together.

Quoted from iceman44:

I'm trying to stay mentally tough It's such a gorgeous pin and I'm a sucker for a great light show.....

It really is one of the best light shows on any pin I've seen.

Quoted from McCune:

You also own more invisible games than me

lol

#317 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

You also own more invisible games than me . I have 3 Sterns you have 4 big deal .

What can I say, I'm a sucker for "hope and change".......wait, not that kind......

I'm hoping to get a greater consensus on the modes/levels all feeling the same or not....

Somebody tell me its better than Ac/dc?

#318 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I have this conversation every time a new game is released I want

#319 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well, the "life is short" inner dialogue battle seems to win with you every time.....congrats on pin number 26!

I'm gonna put Fish Tales up for sale soon - so I should still stay at 25.

#320 10 years ago

Just got mine today. Only a few plays on it but WOW! You know what I love the most right now? That damn starfield projector. It looks so much better in person.

Not only did I get a ST LE. But guess what else showed up today of all days to show up. What a day!!IMG_3161.jpgIMG_3161.jpg

#321 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Hah...not really. I saw the LE at the Stern factory so I knew what it would look like. I played the Pro a bunch so I know what it played like. I thought it was fun but wasn't feeling it that much. However after playing the LE with the current code - I really enjoyed it and it can only get better with the Karl Urban update and whatnot.
What really won me over was how each mode has 3 stages and each one is totally different. This gives you massive variety in modes and how to play them....my initial fear of X-Men-esque code...it's just way too boring for example to keep starting Beast over and over within a single game and it being the same exact thing every time. So - you can play all levels of a mode if you want, or you can do the 3-in-a-row thing with different modes...there just seems to be a lot of variety with how you can play. Plus the Vengeance modes are cool, Klingon Multiball is cool - and yes, I think the disco laser show is cool... The color changing LEDs look awesome - and again, I think the FX will just get cooler and cooler as the game gets updated.

Rare you said you played the pro and you weren't really feeling it.. What was it that set the LE apart? The gameplay is nearly identical isn't it? Was it the lighting effects or??
Also how is the build quality on the LE vs the pro

#322 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Rare you said you played the pro and you weren't really feeling it.. What was it that set the LE apart? The gameplay is nearly identical isn't it? Was it the lighting effects or??
Also how is the build quality on the LE vs the pro

Let me clarify - I wasn't feeling it in the sense that I didn't think I was going to buy it. I thought the Pro played great and was fun...I just wasn't in a new pin buying mood. Two things happened when I played the LE - 1. It was newer code since the last time I had played the Pro...lots of good stuff in there. 2. It was an LE - the Color changing lighting was just incredible and I love the blinged out lit/animated rails and backbox. I think the color changing stuff will get even cooler with updates. I think the Pro is completely legit if you want a lower priced version of this game! Not gonna knock it at all. I'm just one of those guys who doesn't say "Does the LE have $$$$ worth of stuff in it to justify the price" ....of course it doesn't...but the heart wants what the heart wants lol

As for "build quality" ...different people qualify that term in different ways...with any handmade machine it can vary from game to game. I think my Metallica LE was a top notch build...but a friend of mine got one that was a total lemon! I've had Sterns like TF and Xmen that had INSANE problems out of the box. Constantly with the hood up fixing or tweaking/modding things. I don't think that was build quality as much as it was bad design decisions - it doesn't reflect on the physical materials or what kind of job the factory workers did. In any case - all the ST Pros and the one LE I played functioned properly and played wonderfully. Granted, it's not a game with a lot of physical mechanical parts that can go bad - so it really just comes down to the pure design, geometry and gameplay - on that level it delivers. Also code, obviously...and in that camp it's very good.

#323 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

What can I say, I'm a sucker for "hope and change".......wait, not that kind......
I'm hoping to get a greater consensus on the modes/levels all feeling the same or not....
Somebody tell me its better than Ac/dc?

I played BIBLE next to ST LE - maybe I don't get the rules enough with ACDC but for me ST LE is way ahead

#324 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I agree completely. With those comments, it would seen that the Premium version would be the perfect match for you. You get most of what the LE offers but you will be paying more than $1k less.

No way! I don't like the Premium art package. And I love the LE trim and backglass - the Enterprise is timeless and spans 40 years.

So, it's LE or nothing on this one.

Smassa - money may not be important to you but it does actually figure in my purchases

And would have to add a blue color DMD when the guys work out how to fit it as this title deserves it.

Anyway fighting the urge to buy one...

#325 10 years ago

I played BIBLE next to ST LE - maybe I don't get the rules enough with ACDC but for me ST LE is way ahead

Yeah you probably dont understand the rules. ACDC can be brutal to understand for a 1st time player.

#326 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Yeah you probably dont understand the rules. ACDC can be brutal to understand for a 1st time player.

Never had higher than around 45 million game so probably not had the rush you guys go on about, whereas 125 million on ST LE I got the rush!

#327 10 years ago

And would have to add a blue color DMD when the guys work out how to fit it as this title deserves it.

I'm just keeping the red one in mine. Red goes with Blue. You've got the blue ship with red lasers on the side rails. The game features red matter & red disco stars....red DMD is fine - the game is blinged enough, I'm not throwing any more cash at it lol

#328 10 years ago

I've had STLE #250 up and running for a week now. Here's what I think so far.

1. I had a LED problem with the Torpedo triangles. 4th from the bottom wouldn't light red or pink. Called Stern, and they're sending me out a new circuit board of LED's. Nice!
2. My stickers under the ramps aren't really applied very well. Can you guys check yours too? They were like barely applied. I wiped them down well and they looked much better. The guy at Stern said to send him a pic, which I did.
3. I too am having warp ramp trouble hitting it. Can someone post how they adjusted it for a smoother shot?
4. As for people having kick back issues from the left drain, I'm pretty sure this is an intentional design. It is WEAK when you do not have any "energy" lights on the right side lit. It is VERY STRONG when you have all the energy lights lit. I think that is really nice.

Over all, we love it.

Stupid question, I looked under the playfield to see if it comes with a Sub Woofer (couldn't remember). Only saw the woofer itself. There isn't one right?

#329 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

red DMD is fine - the game is blinged enough, I'm not throwing any more cash at it lol

Keep telling yourself that, you need to get the blue DMD, worth the $$$, looks awesome!

#330 10 years ago

My ramp stickers suck. Lots of bubbles

#331 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Man. It is hard to resist getting sucked into the "must buy one" vortex. I am clinging to my desk by my fingernails. My internal conversations are "you haven't bought a new pin in months! You deserve it! Sell a couple of pins to make room and to fund!" and "I hate selling pins, that's a lot of cash to drop". I've picked up the phone twice to order one and have had to just gently put it down.

#332 10 years ago

I got my STLE last week and I absolutely love it!
My only issue at this time is that occasionally I lose power to the left flipper.
It all of a sudden goes limp.
I visually looked everything over and I can't see a loose connection or anything else obvious.
I checked the operation on the EOS switch and it appears to be functioning properly as well.
I reseated the connectors on the board just in case and it still happens on occasion.
Other than that it plays perfectly and is lots of fun.

Bill

#333 10 years ago
Quoted from BDillon:

My only issue at this time is that occasionally I lose power to the left flipper.

This has happened twice to me with my right flipper during KM. Went to flip 2 balls and the flipper went limp. Was thinking it was a power issue with the laser and everything else going on but not sure.

#334 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Is there a better feeling than unboxing a brand spanking new NIB! Congrats you lucky bastards and lets see some pics!

My buddy got both WOZ and STLE the same day. What fun unboxing and playing both games. I can say one thing...

STLE ROCKS!!!!!....What a frickin' blast.....It is Flow upon flow.....I am hooked...

#335 10 years ago
Quoted from BDillon:

I got my STLE last week and I absolutely love it!
It all of a sudden goes limp.
I visually looked everything over and I can't see a loose connection or anything else obvious.
I checked the operation on the EOS switch and it appears to be functioning properly as well.
I reseated the connectors on the board just in case and it still happens on occasion.
Other than that it plays perfectly and is lots of fun.
Bill

I am somewhat jealous. Played Richie's the other night. What a GREAT GAME!!!!....

Its a barn burner....You guys are lucky dogs.

#336 10 years ago

ST LE #488 was delivered yesterday; ordered early and never wavered... unboxed to find a six inch GASH on the left side of the cab. It's still strapped on the pallet in the middle of the room while we wait for a reply from Stern. I'm told best case it will be weeks before this gets resolved. big expensive paper weight at this point.

We also have a new MET Premium that has a defective Snake jaw that's never worked since it's been unboxed. We're still waiting for a resolution on that for over a month.

The irony of working the wife to get the toys and they're already broken….

I've given up on Santa for 2013.

#337 10 years ago
Quoted from JAXPinball:

ST LE #488 was delivered yesterday; ordered early and never wavered... unboxed to find a six inch GASH on the left side of the cab. It's still strapped on the pallet in the middle of the room while we wait for a reply from Stern. I'm told best case it will be weeks before this gets resolved. big expensive paper weight at this point.
We also have a new MET Premium that has a defective Snake jaw that's never worked since it's been unboxed. We're still waiting for a resolution on that for over a month.

Devastating!!
I assume the box damaged when it came off the truck?

#338 10 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

I've had STLE #250 up and running for a week now. Here's what I think so far.
1. I had a LED problem with the Torpedo triangles. 4th from the bottom wouldn't light red or pink. Called Stern, and they're sending me out a new circuit board of LED's. Nice!
2. My stickers under the ramps aren't really applied very well. Can you guys check yours too? They were like barely applied. I wiped them down well and they looked much better. The guy at Stern said to send him a pic, which I did.
3. I too am having warp ramp trouble hitting it. Can someone post how they adjusted it for a smoother shot?
4. As for people having kick back issues from the left drain, I'm pretty sure this is an intentional design. It is WEAK when you do not have any "energy" lights on the right side lit. It is VERY STRONG when you have all the energy lights lit. I think that is really nice.
Over all, we love it.
Stupid question, I looked under the playfield to see if it comes with a Sub Woofer (couldn't remember). Only saw the woofer itself. There isn't one right?

Should have got the PRO

#339 10 years ago
Quoted from smokey_789:

Should have got the PRO

Yep. Pro is the only way to go.
And on your deathbed, you can think: "I saved a couple grand to be satisfied with second best."
: )

#340 10 years ago

Devastating!!
I assume the box damaged when it came off the truck?

No.. box pristine.. I'm told it likely has something to do with the packaging process at Stern. Apparently, I'm not the only one.

I was pretty jaded last night.. now i'm settling into a calm annoyance. I've resigned myself that I won't be playing this year.

#341 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I haven't seen anything about the premium except the original announcement. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they scrapped it. 800 LE's slowly selling.... prob won't sell out. Mustang pin already announced. A lot of positive talk on the LE now but too little too late? Weirder things have happened.

#342 10 years ago
Quoted from JAXPinball:

Oh man, sorry to hear that! Damage or getting a lemon are my biggest fears, as I wait for my Friday delivery!

#343 10 years ago
Quoted from Mycal:

Did the box show any signs of damage???

Box came pristine. I'm told there have been others with the same gash in the exact same place as mine.

#344 10 years ago
Quoted from JAXPinball:

Box came pristine. I'm told there have been others with the same gash in the exact same place as mine

I'm afraid that's Jimmy Mac bashing the shit out of those Nib's on site to enhance the value yo.......

#345 10 years ago
Quoted from JAXPinball:

Box came pristine. I'm told there have been others with the same gash in the exact same place as mine.

If you get a chance please post a pic of the damage

#346 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm afraid that's Jimmy Mac bashing the shit out of those Nib's on site to enhance the value yo.......

What does Iceman and Atoms have in common ?

#347 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

What does Iceman and Atoms have in common ?

Well the Iceman freezes the electrons and Atoms to make combustionable shit......

#348 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well the Iceman freezes the electrons and Atoms to make combustionable shit...

Nope, they both make up everything !

#349 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Nope, they both make everything up !

Just mix it all up and see what comes out! BS or not, who knows.........

#350 10 years ago

If you get a chance please post a pic of the damage

Nice… pinball rubbernecking… pics on my other workstation; will post for your critique.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 24.95
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 429 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-i-got-my-stle-and-this-is-what-i-think-thread/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.