_MG_0463.jpg
_MG_0454.jpg
_MG_0453.jpg
_MG_0448.jpg
_MG_0444.jpg
_MG_0443.jpg
_MG_0435.jpg
_MG_0430.jpg

There are 429 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.
#401 10 years ago

Just got mine today! Loving it

WP_20131212_001.jpgWP_20131212_001.jpg

#402 10 years ago

I don't care what people say about the star field projector. It's freakin bad ass! The game changes complete personality when the laser show comes on, the inserts light red, and Klingons are fighting you. Love it!

#403 10 years ago
Quoted from Yoak:

Just got mine today! Loving it

Congrats! #638! wonder if Stern is done running the LE model?

#404 10 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Congrats! #638! wonder if Stern is done running the LE model?

I read a few days ago that is the case, no definitive data though.

Robert

#405 10 years ago

A few pictures to share before the party begins with #284 in the house! Oh, and there is a signed shop map by the master himself!

IMG_1347.jpgIMG_1347.jpg IMG_1348.jpgIMG_1348.jpg IMG_1352.jpgIMG_1352.jpg
#406 10 years ago
Quoted from bjorg:

A few pictures to share before the party begins with #284 in the house! Oh, and there is a signed shop map by the master himself!

Was the shot map included? I did not see that unless it's in the bag with the certificate

#407 10 years ago
Quoted from bjorg:

IMG_1347.jpg 77 KB

IMG_1348.jpg 152 KB

IMG_1352.jpg 244 KB

That's pretty sweet. # 283 is also in San Diego

#408 10 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

After you take pictures, why not set it up and play it until they send you another?

Robert

They would rather fix it than tie up another machine with the same customer. yes, they could resell mine to another but few would pay retail for someone else's reject.

Then it's just a logistical exercise as to whether it's shipped to Chicago or a qualified local is found that can repair on site.

Therefore the pause while this works itself out. If it's to be shipped, it's best to keep the machine strapped on the pallet.

#409 10 years ago

_MG_0430.jpg_MG_0430.jpg_MG_0435.jpg_MG_0435.jpg_MG_0443.jpg_MG_0443.jpg_MG_0444.jpg_MG_0444.jpg_MG_0448.jpg_MG_0448.jpg_MG_0453.jpg_MG_0453.jpg_MG_0454.jpg_MG_0454.jpg_MG_0463.jpg_MG_0463.jpg_MG_0465.jpg_MG_0465.jpg_MG_0478.jpg_MG_0478.jpg

Shots of the LE, un-boxing, in-room, and next to STTNG/STDE

#410 10 years ago

Thumbs up Yoak.... Way up!

#411 10 years ago

Welcome to the party guys! Your gonna love it.

#412 10 years ago

Even the kids are playing this pin more

20131212_200543.jpg20131212_200543.jpg 20131212_200331.jpg20131212_200331.jpg
#413 10 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Was the shot map included? I did not see that unless it's in the bag with the certificate

Mine did not have the shot map with the certificate

#414 10 years ago
Quoted from Yoak:

Mine did not have the shot map with the certificate

Your distributor should have gave you one, with your choice of star trek key fabs (enterprize, klingon or star fleet emblem, damnit it Jim)

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#415 10 years ago

I got my shot map through one of the Facebook contests that Stern war doing in November. It was not included with the pin.

#416 10 years ago

These can be downloaded now from the stern site and being decent quality, also printed.

#417 10 years ago

#603 Here

It's Henry approved. image-350.jpgimage-350.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#418 10 years ago

Wonder how many LE's are left at Stern and with Dist.. Will be interesting to see when these finally sell out.
Also did 400 really go over sea's?

#419 10 years ago

I would guess there are about 100-150 left at distributors and Stern

#420 10 years ago

Very nice STLE's...

#421 10 years ago

Are they running Luci until then?

#422 10 years ago

I got my STLE yesterday. As a little background, I prefer the build quality and feel of Bally/Williams games, but LOTR has been my favorite pin in my collection because of the depth and theme, so I don't necessarily discriminate between Stern or B/W.

This is my first NIB pin. I had my distributor deliver it in the box, and did the unboxing at my house. Unfortunately, the side rail lights and the "punch it" button aren't working. This is kind of a bummer, but it's still playable and these will be fixed. Given the fact that a machine of this complexity rode in a truck from Chicago to Texas and then on another truck from my distributor to my house, I suppose I shouldn't be shocked that something isn't working out of the box. The machine is pristine, however, without a scratch on it.

Let me just say, wow! STLE is an impressive game. It is a thing of beauty and is so much brighter than anything in my collection, even with Cointaker LED's on my STTNG, STLE is an order of magnitude brighter than my STTNG and much brighter than my LOTR (which I've kept incandescent). STLE can be little blinding at times. It is the best looking Stern I've ever seen. (Haven't seen Metallica in person, but I'm not a Metallica fan) I don't like the way it uses the flashers in attract mode, kind of distracting when it's on and I'm doing other things, but during game play, the light show and color changing LEDs are amazing.

I've had to work this weekend and haven't been able to play it as much as I want, but so far, I love it.

Hitting the Vengance and seeing it shake while feeling the shaker motor rumble the machine is awesome! As others have said, the Vengance is bigger and more impressive in person than in the pictures.

To me, it seems like a deep game. Each of the 6 modes has three parts that have to be started separately (e.g. Save the Enterprise part I, II, and III). Each of the 3 parts for each of the 6 modes has different shots, different animations and different call-outs. To me, it really feels like 18 different modes. You can only "time out" part 1 of each mode, so you have to actually complete the shots on part II and III, making it pretty challenging. I can tell you it will be a long time, if ever, before I complete all 18 modes in one game.

I don't understand what people are talking about when the say the code "isn't complete". Yes, Steve says there are some more cool things coming, and the Karl Urban speech is coming, but it's great the way it is now. (I'm on code version 1.3) I also don't understand the criticism that all of the modes are just "shoot the flashing shots". Isn't that what all the modes are on all machines? STTNG is a very highly rated machine, but with the exception of the mode with the ball cannons, all of the modes boil down to "shoot the flashing lights", if you refuse to use your imagination.

The call-outs are great, most are from the movies, but some are custom. My favorite so far is in Klingon Battle II. I won't spoil it for you, but a Klingon insults your mother in a hilarious way.

This is by far the smoothest game I've ever played. The flow is amazing. The warp shot is hard, but a little easier than the Delta ramp shot on my STTNG. I haven't been able to shoot the warp ramp repeatedly yet. I did however, get a long string of back and forth between the alpha and beta ramps, at least 5 or 6 shots in a row. Incredibly smooth and very satisfying shots.

And by the way, I've had STTNG for years, and this game feels nothing like STTNG. Yes, the ramp layout is similar, and it's a cool "homage" to STTNG, but I'm definitely keeping both in my collection. Those who say they'll just get STTNG instead, are getting a very different game (albeit also a very good game).

I can't speak to the LE vs. Pro debate, as I haven't played a pro. I will say that the shaker is awesome, and if you have a pro (or if the premium doesn't come with a shaker), I'd definitely add one.

So that's my review for now. Will it overtake LOTR as my favorite? Only time will tell, but I'm very happy for now

UPDATE: So I called Stern technical support and the side rails weren't working because the connector had somehow been pulled out of the circuit board in the back box in transit. Plugged it in and it worked fine. I also have a bad inlane switch and they're sending me another one. I adjusted the kickback outlane switch and the kickback now works much more reliable.

A couple of more points about the machine.

The star field projector is pretty cool, but not a reason in and of itself to buy the machine. It's a nice extra and is unique. I'm not aware of any other machine that has something like that. I'm just waiting for someone to mod it with a green laser or maybe a violet laser.

The Vengance battle is also quite cool The magnet under the ship really rockets the ball back at you.

So I still give this machine an A+. We'll see how well it holds up.

#423 10 years ago

Thanks for the review, I am trying to decide to pull the trigger on ST LE

What are the mini wizard mode(s) and/or multiball modes?

#424 10 years ago
Quoted from rai:

There's a couple multiballs: Klingon multiball (try to hit every shot twice, then a quick roving shot), Vengeance multiball (shoot the Vengeance), and then the first mini-wizard mode: Kobayashi Maru multiball.
I loved ACDC for all it's multiball glory. Star Trek isn't the same, but there's lots of great multiball gameplay.

#425 10 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I haven't yet been able to start the wizard modes that go with starting 6, 12, and 18 modes in one game. I think the first mini wizard mode referred to above (Kobayashi Maru multi ball) is started by staring all 6 stage 1 modes in a single game. I've only had it two days and am not the best player, so I haven't pulled that off yet.

If you get "three modes in a row" on the pyramid of 6 modes, it starts things like "super spinner", etc.

If you want an in depth look at the game, Bowen Kerins from PAPA TV does an hour long video tutorial on the Star Trek Pro.

Here's the link:

http://papa.org/2013/11/02/star-trek-tutorial-live/

#426 10 years ago
Quoted from dphelps:

I haven't yet been able to start the wizard modes that go with starting 6, 12, and 18 modes in one game. I think the first mini wizard mode referred to above (Kobayashi Maru multi ball) is started by staring all 6 stage 1 modes in a single game. I've only had it two days and am not the best player, so I haven't pulled that off yet.

Enterprise Amok is after you have completed all level 2 missions & 5 year mission is after all level 3 missions. Code for both needs to be improved upon & i'm sure they will.

#427 10 years ago

566 arrived in Belgium

image.jpgimage.jpg
#428 10 years ago
Quoted from stricht:

566 arrived in Belgium

Sweet! Looks good with all that room around it!! Have fun

1 week later
#429 10 years ago

À Guy in Germany replaced the red laser with a greed laser. Looks nice, wish I had a Stle image-298.jpgimage-298.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, SC
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
10,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
There are 429 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-i-got-my-stle-and-this-is-what-i-think-thread/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.