(Topic ID: 344325)

Barrels of Fun Pinball- Labyrinth pinball. HYPE thread!

By Haymaker

7 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
IMG_2827 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2804 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2825 (resized).jpeg
Ello Invitation - Final (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4163 (resized).jpeg
boo.gif
IMG_0993 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0979 (resized).png
IMG_0965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0934 (resized).jpeg
bof_topper.pdf (PDF preview)
20D6DB34-A5C3-44DA-993A-E85D8D885836 (resized).jpeg
Labyrinth-david-bowie-40642230-245-245.gif
Screenshot 2024-01-17 131915 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 3,285 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 66.
#2551 6 months ago

I had assumed the direct ships would go before the distributors. It's a bummer, but not unexpected. They will come in due time.

#2552 6 months ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

I completely disagree! Sound is soooo important in a machine; I don’t get that some folks buy a music pin and are happy with the lack-luster settings on a beer-budget system !

Yes sound is extremely important BUT the discussion isn't about the quality more about the loudness. People are demanding 800-1000W systems and that's just absolutely unnecessary. Wattage has nothing to do with sound quality directly. It's a 2.1 system. According to their flyer this has a JBL Stage 8" sub and 5-1/4" Kenwood full-range speakers. The fast system is 15watts RMS 20watt per channel class D amp. Max volume is 29.5dB stage gain overall and they have a whole paper on the breakout power ratings. It will likely do a good job with quality audio. The sub is sloped cutoff so it will have a punch but not rumble. That's actually good for a pin playing this type of music.

My 1970s vintage Onkyo is a 15watt stereo and that can drown out a room. I just need to hear the audio clearly without distortion. I don't need it to shake my windows. It will likely sound like a well rounded system but we won't know until you hear it with your own two earballs. Audio is very subjective.

This is the speaker in the BOF pin FYI. https://www.crutchfield.com/p_1131366S/Kenwood-KFC-1366S.html

Stern speakers are definitely garbage. They are 1way cardboard construction with undersized magnets. You can't even buy those aftermarket they're so useless so they're probably like $2 speakers. BOF definitely blew that out of the water if they are putting $50 kenwoods in these machines. The sub is just a nice +1 to this but that needs a 200watt or higher separate driver and we don't know what that is.

I also think people are getting a little ripped off by those pinsound and flipper fidelity systems. I think I found the speakers they use and they are rebranded lower end but priced mid range. You could get better speakers at the prices they charge.

What I was saying in my original post is that I don't need my pinball machine to rattle windows with 120db of magic baby dancing songs.

#2553 6 months ago

I don't have any concern about the stock sound system given Scott D is involved! The power is relative to the speaker sensitivity. The Kenwoods are very high in sensitivity at 89dB/w, and the JBL woofer not far behind at 88.

#2554 6 months ago
Quoted from marc_b:

Pre-order in! Here's another vote to have the ability to turn OFF the Speaker LEDs as you can in the CGC remakes

“Another” ? Who else asked for this?

I mean, I’ll add an option for it - because; why not - but I think you’re alone here. lol

#2555 6 months ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I mean, I’ll add an option for it - because; why not - but I think you’re alone here. lol

Yeah the integration with the game is awesome man. Good work!

#2556 6 months ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

epthegeek since we are the music topic (and your avatar slightly reminds me of one-eyed willy) ; I'll ask for one thing... please be involved with BOF if and when they hopefully make a GOONIES pin and I'd love to BLAST that David Grusin soundtrack.... man o man ... I can literally see the Fratelli Chase scene when I hear this! Some travel agent / luggage ad used this recently... Sorry.....Back to Labyrinth though lol...

#2557 6 months ago

Anyone seen info how they are prioritizing direct order vs. distributors? Do they plan to ship their entire direct order list prior to distributors?

I hope I didn’t make a mistake using one of the distributors.

#2558 6 months ago
Quoted from salimus78:

Anyone seen info how they are prioritizing direct order vs. distributors? Do they plan to ship their entire direct order list prior to distributors?

I can assure you didn't make a mistake any way you ordered this game.

#2559 6 months ago

No, it's not discussed previously.

Quoted from salimus78:Anyone seen info how they are prioritizing direct order vs. distributors? Do they plan to ship their entire direct order list prior to distributors?

#2560 6 months ago
Quoted from engreystar:

This is the speaker in the BOF pin FYI. https://www.crutchfield.com/p_1131366S/Kenwood-KFC-1366S.html
Stern speakers are definitely garbage. They are 1way cardboard construction with undersized magnets. You can't even buy those aftermarket they're so useless so they're probably like $2 speakers. BOF definitely blew that out of the water if they are putting $50 kenwoods in these machines….

The 1366s is just the standard Stern LE speaker. They are nothing to get excited about.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/improving-sound-quality-the-diy-route/page/4#post-6791415

#2561 6 months ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

The 1366s is just the standard Stern LE speaker. They are nothing to get excited about.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/improving-sound-quality-the-diy-route/page/4#post-6791415

Didn't know that, but no one really said what was in the Sterns. I thought Sterns used generic fiber board 12W speakers with tiny magnets in their machines (probably the pro models). I've never had a Stern so I wouldn't know and I've only played a couple. You could probably achieve a lot from the supplied Kenwoods by just adding a multiband EQ booster. It looks like FAST audio board uses a 12V input you could probably just add a standard EQ to the output line if the amperage allows for it. Yeah it's nothing exciting but it's not garbage like people are saying. I just don't understand the hostility about the audio just because Stern has issues. Too many assumptions have been thrown around in this thread. I played it, I didn't note anything bad about the audio.

#2562 6 months ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I always love options, and have never had a game that had lit speaker grills. Could be distracting, could be harmonious! Options are always good though!

#2563 6 months ago
Quoted from engreystar:

Didn't know that, but no one really said what was in the Sterns. I thought Sterns used generic fiber board 12W speakers with tiny magnets in their machines (probably the pro models). I've never had a Stern so I wouldn't know and I've only played a couple. You could probably achieve a lot from the supplied Kenwoods by just adding a multiband EQ booster. It looks like FAST audio board uses a 12V input you could probably just add a standard EQ to the output line if the amperage allows for it. Yeah it's nothing exciting but it's not garbage like people are saying. I just don't understand the hostility about the audio just because Stern has issues. Too many assumptions have been thrown around in this thread. I played it, I didn't note anything bad about the audio.

So the Stern speakers operate on 12v just like car audio?

#2564 6 months ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

Think so... Here's an interesting post about it you can see the amplifier chip Stern uses.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/improving-sound-quality-the-diy-route/page/5#post-6808765

I don't know much about sound but I think one of the main limitations of the stern system (besides the stock pro/Prem speakers but still there when they upgrade the speakers) is the amp. I assume the fast system having a whole sound board is better, but again I dunno.

#2565 6 months ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

Oh I don't know about Stern. I was commenting on the FAST system in Labyrinth. That definitely runs on 12v but it doesn't specifically say if it's DC, it usually is and it looks like the power output provides 9-60VDC. The audio board itself has 2 12V outputs but they are limited to 3amp max output so that may be a limitation. Most outboard car mixers handle 5-7V boost which is small but you never know what their amp draw is if they don't tell you. Can't say for certain because BOF could easily have these customized so I'd have to see what gets shipped. Until we see a full retail machine in location we can't say what the audio will be. They might have their own amp or something. They may not have put the full system in the show machines. The fast board has stereo and dual sub output but I don't know if it can drive a sub without an external supply. It sounds like it can but it would be a very small load for a sub. They may only be driving it enough for low mids which is sensible for the audio in the machine. The only thing I'm not sure of is what the amperage limits are so there may still be a power draw limitation if you're using supplied power from the FAST system.

#2566 6 months ago

When finally asked for shipping...I don't want a carrier pigeon... I prefer a carrier owl for Labyrinth!

CARRIER (resized).pngCARRIER (resized).png
#2567 6 months ago

How deep is the code?
Is there a map or list available about modes/side challenges?
Something like this?

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#2568 6 months ago
Quoted from Davi:

How deep is the code? Is there a map

How predictable. People asking for a map to help guide them through a Labyrinth.

#2569 6 months ago

Lol!

Quoted from littlecammi:How predictable. People asking for a map to help guide them through a Labyrinth.

#2570 6 months ago
Quoted from luckymoey:Curious how the very nice JBL sub sounds with only 15 watts power and aggressive 100-120Hz cut-off?

Quoted from engreystar:

15W is plenty and you can make changes if you really need to.

Quoted from engreystar:

The fast board has stereo and dual sub output but I don't know if it can drive a sub without an external supply. It sounds like it can but it would be a very small load for a sub. They may only be driving it enough for low mids which is sensible for the audio in the machine.

You're basically asking the same questions that I did earlier in the thread.

The backbox photo shows the speakers and cabinet sub being driven by the FAST Audio Board with 15W to each channel. Obviously more than fine for the Kenwood's but well below what JBL recommends for their 200 watts RMS sub. Not having enough power to the sub can cause distortion at high and low volumes. The FAST board also cuts off the sub at 120 Hz and the sub only goes to 200 Hz so it's not producing any mids like a typical Stern LE or JJP cabinet speaker.

Trust that if Scott was involved the system will sound good, but still seems odd that they choose to marry a $70 retail (big $ for a pinball machine), low frequency sub with a general pinball amp and Stern LE quality speakers. Maybe there is something more to the design - or they really did just spend more on the JBL sub because the logo looks like BOF's.

Not a big deal, but not a fan of the movie so am more interested in if has a great layout, rules, sound... Hopefully will get to play one on location soon.

#2571 6 months ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

How predictable. People asking for a map to help guide them through a Labyrinth.

I am not looking for a tutorial nor "how to beat the game" guide.
I just would like to know where is this game in terms of rules/complexity compared to WPC or JJP games.

#2572 6 months ago
Quoted from Davi:

I am not looking for a tutorial nor "how to beat the game" guide.
I just would like to know where is this game in terms of rules/complexity compared to WPC or JJP games.

There is a screenshot of the screen during the stream on page 3 of the pics that shows the objectives on how to get to the final battle with Jareth. You need to collect 13 orbs to get there. The screen shot lists out how to collect each orb. As far as complexity goes it seems to be enough there to keep you busy for a long time. I would say it is more complex than WPC but not as complex as JJP. In between those styles of rules and complexity.

#2573 6 months ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

There is a screenshot of the screen during the stream on page 3 of the pics that shows the objectives on how to get to the final battle with Jareth. You need to collect 13 orbs to get there. The screen shot lists out how to collect each orb. As far as complexity goes it seems to be enough there to keep you busy for a long time. I would say it is more complex than WPC but not as complex as JJP. In between those styles of rules and complexity.

Thank you.
Do you mean the Flip N Out Pinball stream? Or Bowen's video?

#2574 6 months ago

I grabbed these screenshots from somewhere. Collect 13 orbs for Jareth battle.

Pinside_forum_7820113_0 (resized).pngPinside_forum_7820113_0 (resized).pngPinside_forum_7820113_1 (resized).pngPinside_forum_7820113_1 (resized).png
#2575 6 months ago
Quoted from Alamo_Boy:

I grabbed these screenshots from somewhere. Collect 13 orbs for Jareth battle.
[quoted image][quoted image]

So the top 6 orbs are done thru the modes which is hitting the white shots and then the horseshoe shot to start the mode. The next 3 orbs are getting to level 4 on your friends which is hitting the colored friends shots throughout the game. The next 3 are the two main multiballs in the game and completing 9 quests. Not sure what qualifies a quest but its the middle scoop shot between the horseshoe. It looked like the quests where specific things like "make 5 ramps" or "6 orbits". The last orb is collected by getting 5 jackpots in the attack phase of Goblin City Multiball which you need to either play or beat the 6 main modes to get into Goblin City Multiball.

The game is easy enough to understand and to follow but will be a challenge to collect all 13 orbs. Can't wait to play and get to Battle Jareth!

#2576 6 months ago

Looks pretty hard to get to battle Jareth. I have no doubts I will never make it, but that does Mean the game wont be fun.

#2577 6 months ago
Quoted from SpyroFTW:

Looks pretty hard to get to battle Jareth. I have no doubts I will never make it, but that does Mean the game wont be fun.

I never get to any wizard mode on any pin. To be honest, it keeps games elusive to me and always fun and never boring. It pays to be bad? lol

#2578 6 months ago

Is there an option to add a shaker motor after delivery? Also do we know if the game will include code to support a shaker motor?

Along the same question, is a Knocker supported? I believe Fast Pinball boards support a knocker. May add to the effect to have a knocker to go along with the Labyrinth Knockers in the game...

#2579 6 months ago
Quoted from CastleRockIM:

Is there an option to add a shaker motor after delivery? Also do we know if the game will include code to support a shaker motor?
Along the same question, is a Knocker supported? I believe Fast Pinball boards support a knocker. May add to the effect to have a knocker to go along with the Labyrinth Knockers in the game...

Unknown at this time on a shaker. They aren’t for me but hopefully they have support for those that want it. I dont see why it can support a knocker. Its just a solenoid firing into the cab side.

#2580 6 months ago
Quoted from mattsmith:

The playfield looks a little dark. Normal for a 90s pin but we are all used to a bright playfield these days. The game is in its final state from BoF. I can see myself adding additional lighting. Maybe two spot lamps will cover it.

I love that it is dark- more glowing/glimmering rather than super bright glaring/flashing lights. It fits the theme better. Also I have sensory issues and I can't even play games that have it too bright and flashy.

I ordered the game and topper before the expo. I might go back for the nipper rod just to have it but I don't thinkI'd put it on the machine. It squigs me and is bulky.

#2581 6 months ago

A shaker motor and knocker can be added in the future. More pressing stuff to code right now.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#2582 6 months ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

A shaker motor and knocker can be added in the future. More pressing stuff to code right now.
Aaron
FAST Pinball

Most importantly - yes, the controls for them will be there (eventually). They will be entirely user-side options, but the hooks to activate them will be there for anybody who wants to add them on.

#2583 6 months ago

Can’t wait to get this game in the spring. Keeping a spot warm for it for a few months with a DP prem. My young son likes the battles with Juggernaut, etc. I think he’s going to love Labyrinth too.

#2584 6 months ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Can’t wait to get this game in the spring. Keeping a spot warm for it for a few months with a DP prem. My young son likes the battles with Juggernaut, etc. I think he’s going to love Labyrinth too.

Mine will be sitting next to a DP as well.

#2585 6 months ago

Mine has a spot reserved in the game room. Next to it a shelf for the topper and under the shelf a display frame for the alternate translite. Nice little corner like I did with Maiden.

IMG_0084 (resized).jpegIMG_0084 (resized).jpeg
#2586 6 months ago

Round two is happening tonight and we will have Bowen Kerins on audio/video to help explain some more of the rules. Feel free to come say hey!

#2587 6 months ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Round two is happening tonight and we will have Bowen Kerins on audio/video to help explain some more of the rules. Feel free to come say hey!

Those new light shows are really cool can’t wait to see more!

#2588 6 months ago

Hearing Jess from The Pinball Podcast talk about playing the machine reserved for Dr. John at Expo made me wonder about how they are timing international shipping, especially for Australia.

I’m happy to wait for whenever the Australian distro (Mr Pinball) gives me the nod, but if John is lucky enough to get one of the early build machines, I wonder if they’ll be able to squeeze some more in the container!

#2589 6 months ago

Bowen was AWESOME! He answered a bunch of questions we had on stream tonight and pointed out things we missed. I'm super impressed with how thought out so many different parts of this game are, especially with the light show communicating different things. Feel free to check out the stream if you missed it!

#2590 6 months ago

Are any of these Labyrinth games on location for testing yet?

#2591 6 months ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

Are any of these Labyrinth games on location for testing yet?

I don't know about testing. Ops have a couple out.

From post 2294. "Few location reports: I/O Arcade Bar in Madison has received theirs and put it out on the floor. Cointaker is also putting one out at 61PinBar this week.

61PinBar must have theirs by now.

And others may chime in about others or as they arrive.

LTG : )

#2592 6 months ago

Just about another week until we are banging on Labyrinth all weekend at the Houston Arcade Expo.

https://www.houstonarcadeexpo.com/gamelist/

#2593 6 months ago

After the great launch and being the star of expo the Houston show will hopefully be a victory lap for the team to have fun and celebrate with family and friends! Then they just have to figure out how to make 1000 of the these...

#2594 6 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

After the great launch and being the star of expo the Houston show will hopefully be a victory lap for the team to have fun and celebrate with family and friends! Then they just have to figure out how to make 1000 of the these...

All fun and games until production happens. I have a feeling these guys have their ducks in a row though! Good luck!!

#2595 6 months ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

Stern uses 30V for their audio amp and two TPA3123D2PWP audio amps chips (Class-D topology). The backbox amp is configured for stereo (left, right speakers, 25W each), and another TPA3123 for the woofer and is configured for Bridge-tied-load (i.e. differential output, around 40W).

Sorry everyone - Didn't mean to derail the thread away from Labyrinth, just wanted to answer the question.

Back to Labyrinth talk!

#2596 6 months ago

No shaker motor and only one model game to choose from?!?

I'm loving this company more and more.
Go BOF !

#2597 6 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

All fun and games until production happens. I have a feeling these guys have their ducks in a row though! Good luck!!

Agreed. They have been firing in all cylinders up to this point but the real test is getting them to consumers. That said I have high hopes for this company.

#2598 6 months ago

Whysnow said I could share this. A Labyrinth on location in Wisconsin.

Working with Eric/code and was able to get a DBV installed and working.

Only real con from my opinion. Is that this needs a two slot coin door w DBV.

Game holding up well and fewer issues than last few sterns in first two weeks of play. BOF has been very responsive and accountable on all aspects.

Overall I rate it very similar to spooky current build quality (makes sense in the big picture). People are loving the game already and when code matures it is gonna be a classic long term game is my guess (based on a decade of routing games). I’ll likely grab one for home also as I find it very fun to shoot.

Cheers, Hilton

Makes me want one even more. Even if I had to install a different coin door.

Good going Barrel Of Fun crew !
LTG : )

#2599 6 months ago

Could always sling that OG BBB down here to me and free up a space for it LTG

Quoted from LTG:Whysnow said I could share this. A Labyrinth on location in Wisconsin.
Working with Eric/code and was able to get a DBV installed and working.
Only real con from my opinion. Is that this needs a two slot coin door w DBV.
Game holding up well and fewer issues than last few sterns in first two weeks of play. BOF has been very responsive and accountable on all aspects.
Overall I rate it very similar to spooky current build quality (makes sense in the big picture). People are loving the game already and when code matures it is gonna be a classic long term game is my guess (based on a decade of routing games). I’ll likely grab one for home also as I find it very fun to shoot.
Cheers, Hilton

#2600 6 months ago

Anyone hear if this machine will have a headphone output option? I've watched the vids and the streams and haven't heard anything mentioned but I could've missed it. It's definitely something I will try to mod into it if it's not a factory option. Having this in my home means sometimes I'll need headphones so I don't wake everyone up when I'm playing a late night session.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

11,900 (Firm)
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 10,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

999 (Firm)
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Chester, NJ
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

There are 3,285 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 66.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mystery-pinball-company-labyrinth-pinball/page/52 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.