(Topic ID: 344325)

Barrels of Fun Pinball- Labyrinth pinball. HYPE thread!

By Haymaker

8 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
IMG_2827 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2804 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2825 (resized).jpeg
Ello Invitation - Final (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4163 (resized).jpeg
boo.gif
IMG_0993 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0979 (resized).png
IMG_0965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0934 (resized).jpeg
bof_topper.pdf (PDF preview)
20D6DB34-A5C3-44DA-993A-E85D8D885836 (resized).jpeg
Labyrinth-david-bowie-40642230-245-245.gif
Screenshot 2024-01-17 131915 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 3,285 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 66.
#801 7 months ago

They should have used Bowie's music in the trailer which will be a great part of the atmosphere.

But wow, what a great looking game with attention to details.

I love it, do they ship to Canada ?

Would love to buy one but so many questions remain unanswered with a new company I never heard of.

#802 7 months ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

They should have used Bowie's music in the trailer which will be a great part of the atmosphere.
Would love to buy one but so many questions remain unanswered with a new company I never heard of.

You’ll know a lot more after next weekend .There will be plenty of info right here .If you need any questions answered lmk .

#803 7 months ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Meaning I’ll ask while I’m there

#804 7 months ago

Technology: David Fawcett

This has me worried a bit, as his track record on Spooky games was not ideal.
Pretty much dropped the ball on RZ and ACNC as far as I'm concerned.

That being said, SWMBO has mandated that we will own this game, so it's a moot point.

#805 7 months ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

They might have to be careful using the songs in actual promotional materials

#806 7 months ago

Great layout, art and design. I’m getting strong Hobbit vibes with the color scheme and animations. Not a theme for me, but should really resonate with fans of the movie. What a great time for pinball.

#807 7 months ago

Eric Priepke on software!

#808 7 months ago

They have someone who has manufacturing experience from American (not that they exactly crank them out). So at least they are not starting from nothing.

They also mention a Bowen rules video so looking forward to that.

#809 7 months ago

I just added 4 to the Houston Arcade Expo game list! Just click on Pinball to sort out all that boring arcade stuff with no soul. Haha!!!

Come out and meet most of the people involved in this game.

https://www.houstonarcadeexpo.com/gamelist/

#810 7 months ago

wow wow wow it's like christmas on halloween

#811 7 months ago

It looks good, well thought out, good use of quality sculpts (AP take note) the IP doesn't speak to me, but I understand it does to some. I mean I freaked out that Spooky was considering a Mystery Science Theatre 3000 pin, I even emailed Spooky. Lol.

#812 7 months ago

looking damn good

Labyrinth 1.pngLabyrinth 1.pngLabyrinth 10.jpgLabyrinth 10.jpgLabyrinth 11.jpgLabyrinth 11.jpgLabyrinth 12.jpgLabyrinth 12.jpgLabyrinth 2.jpgLabyrinth 2.jpgLabyrinth 3.pngLabyrinth 3.pngLabyrinth 4.jpgLabyrinth 4.jpgLabyrinth 5.jpgLabyrinth 5.jpgLabyrinth 6.jpgLabyrinth 6.jpgLabyrinth 7.jpgLabyrinth 7.jpgLabyrinth 8.jpgLabyrinth 8.jpgLabyrinth 9.jpgLabyrinth 9.jpg
#813 7 months ago

The background lcd is something anyone else has done?

#814 7 months ago

As silly as this may sound the layout looks like a much better version of Oktoberfest.

I don't think I'm a buyer but the lady might force my hand, we will see. Great looking game. As mentioned, the shooter rod is not the greatest but that topper is superb.

#815 7 months ago

This is my wife’s impression and she is a massive fan of the movie.

She thinks it looks adorable. Has a lot of cute features. She's disappointed it doesn't have Sarah and Toby and movie assets. If you're looking at it for just Henson and the puppets it's good, but as a labyrinth movie pin, the lack of assets is very concerning. Being very limited sucks. Her mouth dropped when I told her the price is over $10k. She said $8k tops for it let alone near $12k with accessories is crazy.

#816 7 months ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

This is my wife’s impression and she is a massive fan of the movie.
She thinks it looks adorable. Has a lot of cute features. She's disappointed it doesn't have Sarah and Toby and movie assets. If you're looking at it for just Henson and the puppets it's good, but as a labyrinth movie pin, the lack of assets is very concerning. Being very limited sucks. Her mouth dropped when I told her the price is over $10k. She said $8k tops for it let alone near $12k with accessories is crazy.

I THINK you can see Toby Froud in the original translite on the far right.

#817 7 months ago

I think it looks tremendous, love the layout, loaded with goodies. Looks fun. If not, I'll sell it and move on. It is what it is.... But I'm really looking forward to it.

#818 7 months ago
Quoted from damadczar:

Technology: David Fawcett

That makes this one a hard "no" for me. Fool me once...

#819 7 months ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

as add on for Tron

#820 7 months ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Cirqus Voltaire, Magic Girl, RAZA may have had one? It's primarily a JPOP thing I think.

#821 7 months ago

beyond my expectations, just waiting to see how the code is but damn it’s beautiful and I’m confident enough in myself to let bowie seduce me or my wife ‍♂️.

The back infield monitor can be really innovating if integrated well.

can’t wait to hear some gameplay reports close to preordering one of these lol

I Get not having Jenifer in it but was looking forward to hear her cry it’s not fair when the ball drained….

#822 7 months ago

I love that the playfield lcd is actually integrated INTO the world!

Such a smart design choice, and can't wait to see how varied this is in gameplay!

Screenshot_20231013-150703 (resized).pngScreenshot_20231013-150703 (resized).png
#823 7 months ago

I think it‘s a very solid effort. If they manage to manufacture in a timely fashion, it will be a success for them. Not my cup of tea though. Also, is it called Mystery Pinball Company or Barrel of Fun? I‘m confused…

#824 7 months ago

I don’t understand why it matters if Sarah isnt in the game. You are playing that part. Same for the baby, even though he is in the backglass. Its just a baby. Are there not movie rights for the game? They used them in the promo vid. I think it looks fantastic!

#825 7 months ago

No one new who was making the game so at the time they where referred to as a mystery company they are a new company called barrel of fun lol

#826 7 months ago

Jersey Jack watching the Labyrinth trailer as "Candle in the Wind" plays in the background:

852c451bc7728cf02728fc8e29f85e58.gif852c451bc7728cf02728fc8e29f85e58.gif
#827 7 months ago
Quoted from SpyroFTW:

I don’t understand why it matters if Sarah isnt in the game

there are men and women here of a certain age who watched the movie at the onset of puberty. Nuff said, no shame from me.

#828 7 months ago

My preorder is in! Very excited for this one!

#829 7 months ago
Quoted from Merendino:

As silly as this may sound the layout looks like a much better version of Oktoberfest.
I don't think I'm a buyer but the lady might force my hand, we will see. Great looking game. As mentioned, the shooter rod is not the greatest but that topper is superb.

Ha that was my first thought, can’t quite pinpoint why but Oktoberfest was was the first pin I thought of when watching the trailer

#830 7 months ago
Quoted from SpyroFTW:

I don’t understand why it matters if Sarah isnt in the game. You are playing that part. Same for the baby, even though he is in the backglass. Its just a baby. Are there not movie rights for the game? They used them in the promo vid. I think it looks fantastic!

If your doing a pin based on a movie and the protagonist is not in it, and a ton of movie clips can’t be pulled from to use because she is in the majority of the movie is a huge miss. Like a music pin not having the bands actual music. Or a Star Wars pin with no movie clips or call outs. It takes away from the game a lot for some.

If your good without it more power to you. But for my wife, daughters, and me is a huge miss. They felt the same way about Aliens, but again they finally added Ripley. Not having her did not feel like the movie experience but a generic Alien game.

Edit And Jaws will be a big disappointment for me also without movie assets and the three protagonist.

#831 7 months ago

My wife is the biggest Labyrinth fan I know or know of. We have a giant Labyrinth Mondo poster framed over the bed. Our welcome mat is the little ‘ello worm. Seriously. That said, she hasn’t said one thing about no Sarah. Bowie and the muppets. That is all that matters. She said it needs to be here. She didn’t ask how much it cost, she doesn’t care that the gameroom is full. “Well, we have to have that.” That’s the directive.

#832 7 months ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

Ha that was my first thought, can’t quite pinpoint why but Oktoberfest was was the first pin I thought of when watching the trailer

That castle on the left kinda resembles a beer stein

#833 7 months ago
Quoted from Merendino:

I was wondering where I thought I saw this before. I couldn’t place my finger on it. Your right.

#834 7 months ago
Quoted from cait001:

there are men and women here of a certain age who watched the movie at the onset of puberty. Nuff said, no shame from me.

So did I. I guess to each their own. Im sure there will be an alt backglass with her eventually for those that want it. I guess. I like the fact that it could be anyone saving their little bro, not just her.

#835 7 months ago
Quoted from Merendino:

I also got the october vibe a bit. That said it looks lovely and a great release video.
(ap are you taking notes?)

The shooter rod is terrible the rest is great.

#836 7 months ago

Somehow I am totally missing it could someone post a link to the gameplay video

#837 7 months ago

This is a dream theme for me and my kids (our favorite movie) but unfortunately I don’t think I can afford another pin for awhile. Hope to see one in the wild and considering selling off some toys to get one but would much rather play one first being a new company and all. Trailer looks amazing though.

#838 7 months ago
Quoted from polishedball:

Somehow I am totally missing it could someone post a link to the gameplay video

#839 7 months ago
Quoted from cait001:

I think it is more of needing some sweet (Jennifer) to balance out the salty (Bowie).

#840 7 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

I read through the new posts and pictures, and link of all the people.
It left me wondering.
Not one mention on who all is doing tech support for the game ?
Could be important for a new company and a new game.
LTG : )

You didn’t get the memo

#841 7 months ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I think it is more of needing some sweet (Jennifer) to balance out the salty (Bowie).

I wonder how much ca$h she wanted......

I'd have thought sound clips at least would've been in the overall licensing

#842 7 months ago

No pop bumpers? This will never sell in Germany!

#843 7 months ago
Quoted from MarkInc:

No pop bumpers?

overrated !

#844 7 months ago
Quoted from MarkInc:

lol. You and me, two player game at Expo?

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#845 7 months ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

It's a bit of a stretch for sure but I think it's the lifting ramp and the third flipper.

Pinside_archive_2709_1411718 (resized).jpgPinside_archive_2709_1411718 (resized).jpg
#846 7 months ago

Just noticed the speaker covers are labyrinths.

#847 7 months ago

I'm impressed, this is a great first showing.

#848 7 months ago

Looks crazy weird and fun!

#849 7 months ago
Quoted from Gorbiie:

Just noticed the speaker covers are labyrinths.

Aw crap, I know my kids gonna sharpie those suckers trying to solve it.

#850 7 months ago
Quoted from MarkInc:

time for a zipper-flipper mod!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

1,000 (Firm)
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Los Angeles, CA
$ 10,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Langhorne, PA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,285 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 66.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mystery-pinball-company-labyrinth-pinball/page/17 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.