Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 205 posts
  • 81 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by mcluvin
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen_Shot_2016-03-23_at_4.34.04_PM_(resized).png
    download_(resized).png
    2b9d19cfa8fe88038eeeb83b8fa57747016cb0c0_(resized).png
    Screen_Shot_2016-02-12_at_1.33.13_PM_(resized).png
    mini_moon_pie_(resized).JPG
    gummy-hot-dogs-25_(resized).jpg
    Mike_Ducker_(resized).JPG
    LymieTheWorm_(resized).jpeg
    CHUCK_(resized).jpg
    s-l225_(resized).jpg
    Capture_(resized).JPG
    Mike_Ducker_(resized).JPG
    ducker_(resized).JPG
    There are 205 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
    #151 8 years ago

Was blackknight Ducker, or one of his friends?. He has been deactivated

#152 8 years ago
    Quoted from mickthepin:

He has been deactivated

How does that work? Did HE deactivate or did Pinside remove him? He didn't seem to get along very well on here. I don't think he was Ducker, unless you can really manipulate all your personal information. It appears he was from Washington state.

#153 8 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

I certainly would help and offer international recourse, but this flury of negative reactions is why most many collectors do not post. It just not worth trying to explain or help people who only misinterpret and want to fight and argue.
    Never condone people losing money over negative sellers.
    Best of luck with the "parts wars part deux"
    I hope you all find the parts you need at a reasonable price and have resources and experience required to keep your games running.
    Over and out.

When you end your last post with "over and out", chances are you're on your way to self-deactivation.

Sounds like he just got fed up with Pinside.

#154 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pintucky:

How does that work? Did HE deactivate or did Pinside remove him?

He deactivated it.

#155 8 years ago

Honestly, BlackKnight wasn't all that bad. He really did have some quality information in his posts.

The problem is that he kind of went on too much, in a rant-like format all the time.. Of course it was going to draw mixed reactions, which in turn, he was offended by. He also was a bit arrogant in the fact he had an attitude that he may be the only living human being on Pinside to have certain tidbits of information to keep "your games" working.

The guy knew his stuff, but hopefully if he decides to come back he'll cool down a bit and offer up more useful information instead of splashing gasoline into everyone's campfires.

#156 8 years ago

Won't miss him.

#157 8 years ago
    Quoted from kpg:

The guy knew his stuff, but hopefully if he decides to come back he'll cool down a bit and offer up more useful information instead of splashing gasoline into everyone's campfires.

That was a damned good post! Well worded and very correct on the assessment.

He started out in a defensive posture FOR Mad Amusements, saying how he never had a problem with buying from there. When I saw that, I immediately wanted to barf. How many times have we heard that line?! After that, I had difficulty following his train of thought and I never could peg what kind of guy he was.

#158 8 years ago
    Quoted from kpg:

I don't know that he knew his stuff. Typically people that know their stuff don't have to constantly say that they know their stuff.

#159 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

When you end your last post with "over and out", chances are you're on your way to self-deactivation.
    Sounds like he just got fed up with Pinside.

I never really understood the whole deactivate an account thing. If someone gets fed up for whatever reason and doesn't want to come to the website any more they can just not come here without taking the extra step of deactivating.

I guess it is like deleting an ex-girlfriends number from your phone or something? Just feels good to close that chapter?

#160 8 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I never really understood the whole deactivate an account thing.

I think it's basically letting everyone know that you've taken your ball and went home.

#161 8 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I never really understood the whole deactivate an account thing. If someone gets fed up for whatever reason and doesn't want to come to the website any more they can just not come here without taking the extra step of deactivating.
    I guess it is like deleting an ex-girlfriends number from your phone or something? Just feels good to close that chapter?

Nah, they just want the act of storming out to be noticed and acknowledged.

#162 8 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

It's the ole over-inflated ego trip. There's a few of us like that floating around the pinball industry/hobby. Some worse than others I wonder if this is the same "black knight" I visited in south MS years ago. The personality fits perfectly.

#163 8 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I never really understood the whole deactivate an account thing.

It is a feature that was recently added to pinside so I tried it out once. It is touted as a way to step back for a while and also not recieve any PMs. If you don't get PMs then you don't feel the need to answer them which I usually do. If the feature did not exist, people wouldn't use it. But it is there.

#164 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

It is a feature that was recently added to pinside so I tried it out once. It is touted as a way to step back for a while and also not recieve any PMs. If you don't get PMs then you don't feel the need to answer them which I usually do. If the feature did not exist, people wouldn't use it. But it is there.

PM sent.

#165 8 years ago

PM ignored.

#166 8 years ago

PM Ignore Deactivated

#167 8 years ago

Tons of blah blah blah and nothing concrete about screwing mad mike.

#168 8 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Tons of blah blah blah and nothing concrete about screwing mad mike.

Shh! Go to the beach and enjoy what's left of your summer. It's f**king colder than f**k up here, and this is the only way we can pass the long dreary days of winter until we can go outside again.

#169 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Shh! Go to the beach and enjoy what's left of your summer. It's f**king colder than f**k up here, and this is the only way we can pass the long dreary days of winter until we can go outside again.

Go curling.

#170 8 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Just one last attention grab. Probably hoping a post gets started about them or something. Hey look at me, I am so angry I closed my account.

#171 8 years ago

I forgot to add this...Anna Sidarova from Russia

#172 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Shh! Go to the beach and enjoy what's left of your summer.

Another 90 degree day in So Cal right now.

download_(resized).pngdownload_(resized).png

#173 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Another 90 degree day in So Cal right now.

download_(resized).png

Suck it. Enjoy the earthquakes and smog.

#174 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Suck it. Enjoy the earthquakes and smog.

Smog's gone now. Mostly a thing of the past. And when the big one hits, the beach will then be at my front door with many artificial reefs to help make the perfect waves.

#175 8 years ago
    Quoted from JoeGrenuk:

I forgot to add this...Anna Sidarova from Russia

This image got 2 "unsafe" tags and has been hidden automatically, as per your settings. un-hideanna-sidorova-1_(resized).jpg 2

She is a fairly hot Russian Olympic athlete, and there are seriously two people here who are so offended and to tag it unsafe? Next time you post a pic of a Twilight Zone with 368 "mods", powdercoated "armor", chromed leg levelers, a rug in front that says Twilight Zone, a topper from some nickel slot machine, undercabinet lighting and smoke machine, superbands, and a million watts of "tasteful" LEDs, I'm tagging it "UNSAFE" as soon as I can figure out how to do that.

#176 8 years ago

Ive got oceanfront down here with a 4-6 foot sea level rise!

Sorry about that Joe, but thanks for the nice Pics!

Back on topic....has anyone sent the pile of info to Ebay, or Board of directors?
    It seems hes doing healthy business there?

#177 8 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Back on topic....has anyone sent the pile of info to Ebay, or Board of directors?
    It seems hes doing healthy business there?

As long as he isn't violating any eBay terms, this is none of ebays business. They better not take action based solely on third party claims. Now if the products are bought off EBay then you can use the eBay disputed process....

#178 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Smog's gone now. Mostly a thing of the past. And when the big one hits, the beach will then be at my front door with many artificial reefs to help make the perfect waves.

Don't tell him that (cough cough) the air here is horrible, stay in Jersey (cough cough) where there is no pollution.

We got some dark green air you can choke all day (cough cough).

#179 8 years ago
    Quoted from JoeGrenuk:

She is a fairly hot Russian Olympic athlete, and there are seriously two people here who are so offended and to tag it unsafe? Next time you post a pic of a Twilight Zone with 368 "mods", powdercoated "armor", chromed leg levelers, a rug in front that says Twilight Zone, a topper from some nickel slot machine, undercabinet lighting and smoke machine, superbands, and a million watts of "tasteful" LEDs, I'm tagging it "UNSAFE" as soon as I can figure out how to do that.

There are quite a few guys around here that are on their period...

#180 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

There are quite a few guys around here that are on their period...

Pon up ya poof.

#181 8 years ago

Shut it down before some puritan gets offended

#182 8 years ago
    Quoted from kpg:

Honestly, BlackKnight wasn't all that bad. He really did have some quality information in his posts.
    The problem is that he kind of went on too much, in a rant-like format all the time.. Of course it was going to draw mixed reactions, which in turn, he was offended by. He also was a bit arrogant in the fact he had an attitude that he may be the only living human being on Pinside to have certain tidbits of information to keep "your games" working.

Oh, I didn't realize we were talking about xTheBlackKnightx because I've had him on ignore for a while. Probably the only pinsider I put on ignore not for being obnoxious, but just being long winded and a real know it all. The thing that did it for me was how he's always going on about how I(we) need to have every NOS part/assembly for our pins because they'll never be available and blah, blah, blah. Give me a break.

#183 8 years ago
    Quoted from JoeGrenuk:

She is a fairly hot Russian Olympic athlete, and there are seriously two people here who are so offended and to tag it unsafe?

Just to make things clear: This button simple states "NSFW". Safe is perhaps not the better word... simply used here to warn this is perhaps not the image you would like to see on a computer when your boss is lurking around.

This is not censorship and you can still access this image.
    One can actually "NSFW-tag" his own post! Does not mean one is offended. It's just a warning.

... and yes, she is "fairly hot"

3 weeks later
    #184 8 years ago

And? What happens?

1 week later
    #185 8 years ago

Hey Guys, I reached out to the consumer protection division and the Attorney General in NJ. Both have been in contact with me concerning this matter. If you have been cheated by MAD and would like to pursue this with them please PM me and I will tell you what we need to do to get the ball rolling.

#186 8 years ago

Any word back from that reporter?

#187 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

That would be like posting on a forum of women who have been the victim of craptaping, that you went to Chuck Berry's restaurant and that to your recollection, he did not videotape your wife taking a crap.

Am I the only one who Googled to see if this was a thing?

Screen_Shot_2016-03-23_at_4.34.04_PM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-03-23_at_4.34.04_PM_(resized).png

#188 8 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Any word back from that reporter?

No word back from reporter for quite awhile. I am not sure if that is a viable lead anymore at this point

#189 8 years ago

That sucks. I tried contacting some other NJ news stations as well without much luck. I don't have many connections in the media department down there.

I just started yet another Mad thread concerning the AG. Hopefully some folks will come forward and we can get the ball rolling.

AG Thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/folks-cheated-by-mad-amusements-the-nj-attorney-general-wants-to-hear-from-you

2 months later
    #190 7 years ago

I can't believe that people still make business with that fucker... Here's a response I just got from a pinsider on a on-going negotiation:

Me: "Sorry for the late reply. Turns out the amount I paid (including custom taxes), plus the shipping costs, makes selling outside Brazil too prohibitive."

Pinsider: "I figure that. I ordered a complete set from Mad Amusement yesterday. Thanks anyways."

#191 7 years ago
    Quoted from Artimage:

Am I the only one who Googled to see if this was a thing?

Try it without the "crap." Old news from going on 30 years ago.

2 months later
    #192 7 years ago

Hey, whatss up?

#193 7 years ago

Nothing from my stand point. The reported quit responding to me.

8 months later
    #194 7 years ago

hello friends!

here you can add your comments to Mike activities, which could help other people by finding info on google:

https://www.bbb.org/new-jersey/business-reviews/games-and-supplies/mad-amusements-in-brick-nj-90180355/reviews-and-complaints/?review=true

#195 7 years ago
    Quoted from CzechPin:

hello friends!
    here you can add your comments to Mike activities, which could help other people by finding info on google:
    https://www.bbb.org/new-jersey/business-reviews/games-and-supplies/mad-amusements-in-brick-nj-90180355/reviews-and-complaints/?review=true

Unfortuantely, the BBB isn't any more effective than yelp.com. They have no legal power to do anything since they are a private organization. All they offer is a sticker for organizations to show their BBB rating, which is basically meaningless these days.

#196 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Unfortuantely, the BBB isn't any more effective than yelp.com. They have no legal power to do anything since they are a private organization. All they offer is a sticker for organizations to show their BBB rating, which is basically meaningless these days.

I think his intentions were basically to use it like yelp anyways

#197 7 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

I think his intentions were basically to use it like yelp anyways

Yelp is more effective because of the social aspect to it. The way the BBB works is a remnant of the Internet of the 90s when it was one of the few and recognizable sites that offered a way to praise or complain about a business. Resellerratings.com was another big one back in the day before social media came along.

#198 7 years ago

Nobody will ever look at ratings like that for a retail business selling widgets. Those ratings are more for restaurants and home improvement. The best way to stop this guy is to stop buying from him, but unfortunately pinside is such a small slice of the pinball world. Still, posting bad threads about him will show up in google searches so it can help

If you buy from him, I won't, use a credit card or Paypal. When he can't prove shipping/delivery, you are covered. I don't know why anyone would wire him money, that's just not being a smart consumer.

#199 7 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

use a credit card or Paypal. When he can't prove shipping/delivery, you are covered. I don't know why anyone would wire him money, that's just not being a smart consumer.

It's simple - he just won't take those forms of payment so he can't be dudded. It's disgusting how he has been able to get away with this fraudulent activity for years, seemingly without any form of reprisal whatsoever. Just amazing.

There are 205 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attention-anyone-who-was-cheated-by-mad-amusements-please-read/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.