New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 155642)

Folks Cheated By Mad Amusements: Civil Attorney Wants to Hear From You

By nerdygrrl

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 157 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by nerdygrrl
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

unnamed-32 (resized).jpg
    untitledUPS STORE BRICK NJ (resized).png
    logo (resized).png

There are 157 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 4 years ago

I struck out with the AG, but a guy I know that practiced criminal law in NJ has become a civil attorney ad his firm is interested in knowing more. Please contact me directly and I can go into details.

Hello Overseas Friends, two weeks ago I reached out to the NJ Consumer Protection Division and the office of the NJ Attorney General. Both have been in contact with me concerning Mad Amusements and his dealings with overseas clients. I know many of you have reached out to folks in the past without much luck or have had problems because of language barriers, or unaware of who to contact. I have an open dialogue going with the powers that be. In fact the Attorney General's office has opened a file.

Right now they would like to know more about the operation and some specifics from those of you that were ripped off. If you would like to pursue this matter I am more than happy to be the go between. Please PM me and I will tell you what info is needed.

Edit: Also if any of the internet sleuths want to forward along what they found I will pass it along to both divisions.

#2 4 years ago

Thank you for doing this. You are helping our pin brothers everywhere. Contact a Mod or Robin and see if they could make a Sticky about this.

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Thank you for doing this. You are helping our pin brothers everywhere.

Agree^^

#4 4 years ago

Let's just hope these guys still have the desire to go forward. I know a lot were burned not only by Mad, but by the lack of response they received. I would like to have a dozen or so complainants together to send off by next week. I think that would be a good start for the AG. Obviously the more the better.

#5 4 years ago

Might be worth posting a link to this thread in some of the older MAD threads, in case folks are still following those but not this one.

For example:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/warning-mad-amusements
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attention-anyone-who-was-cheated-by-mad-amusements-please-read

Good luck!

#6 4 years ago

I am in!

#7 4 years ago

Good stuff. I just replied to your PM. Hopefully we can get a few more people on board. I would like to get paperwork sent back to the AG next week.

#8 4 years ago

Also if any of the internet sleuths that have done digging on this want to forward along what you have found I will send it to the AG.

#10 4 years ago

Why is nobody doing this with Twisted Pins?

#11 4 years ago

I believe Pinsider Farb is starting to take info from folks swindled by Twisted pins. I'll drop him a line and let him now he should reach out to that state's AG, etc.

#12 4 years ago

Bump for the night crowd.

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from nerdygrrl:

Good stuff. I just replied to your PM. Hopefully we can get a few more people on board. I would like to get paperwork sent back to the AG next week.

Maybe you should pm those guys in that thread instead of them finding this thread. This is to big of a chance for some real action for them to miss out on. Any luck in getting a sticky made?

#14 4 years ago

Thank you for all your help !!

I posted a Link to this thread and hope there will be enought victims from MAD !!

Than you

Tom

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from nerdygrrl:

Also if any of the internet sleuths that have done digging on this want to forward along what you have found I will send it to the AG.

Excellent of you to have taken this on.

I suggest also posting a notice on RGP. There were a few threads over the years there on the topic.

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Maybe you should pm those guys in that thread instead of them finding this thread. This is to big of a chance for some real action for them to miss out on. Any luck in getting a sticky made?

Yesterday I went through and started PM'ing folks from the various threads. I still have to finish Powerzone's thread.

Quoted from pinster68:

Excellent of you to have taken this on.
    I suggest also posting a notice on RGP. There were a few threads over the years there on the topic.

Hmmm I don't think I have a membership there. I will try and register today. Thanks for the tip.

#17 4 years ago

A Thursday afternoon/evening bump.

#18 4 years ago

Thursday evening bump

#19 4 years ago

While I applaud the cause and your bumping, maybe Robin can sticky this post. Who knows how frequently the scammed visit Pinside. It would be a shame if they miss the news buried in the flood of daily threads here.

#20 4 years ago

#21 4 years ago

Im in as well. Thank you for helping us.
    Wish you all a nice Easter

Regards from Hamburg
    Peter

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinster68:

While I applaud the cause and your bumping, maybe Robin can sticky this post. Who knows how frequently the scammed visit Pinside. It would be a shame if they miss the news buried in the flood of daily threads here.

I feel you 100%. That being said at this stage with all of the folks being taken for a ride by dealers/vendors we may just have to make a permanent sticky for cases pending legal action *sigh* I miss the days when RAM Controls were the only bad guys in the biz.

I am hoping that some of our overseas friends that I have been in contact with will post on their forums abroad. I think this will yield the highest results.

#23 4 years ago

Friday night bump

#24 4 years ago

I IM'd Robin to request this thread get sticky'd.

Onward...

#29 4 years ago

The Pinside dudes are on Vacation here in the TX area.... give them some time to consider and respond to you when they get back home.

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinster68:

I IM'd Robin to request this thread get sticky'd.
    Onward...

I am probably not the only one that hates stickys. Anytime some thread gets sticky'd I have to drain it to remove it. Setting a thread as sticky may not get more visibility.

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

I am probably not the only one that hates stickys. Anytime some thread gets sticky'd I have to drain it to remove it. Setting a thread as sticky may not get more visibility.

Hate it all you want. All you have to do is see it once, and that's the goal no?

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinster68:

Hate it all you want. All you have to do is see it once, and that's the goal no?

Well for example, this is the second time I've seen this thread but if it were sticky it would have been drained. Any further developments here would have been ignored. Point is that making something sticky doesn't necessarily make it more visible. Not to mention that it's probably not in this sites best interest to have a pinball businesses negative thread stuck at top.

#34 4 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Well for example, this is the second time I've seen this thread but if it were sticky it would have been drained. Any further developments here would have been ignored. Point is that making something sticky doesn't necessarily make it more visible. Not to mention that it's probably not in this sites best interest to have a pinball businesses negative thread stuck at top.

I disagree a bit, it's great for the site to have a sticky like this or a bad vendor list in general as it is a benefit to collectors and members. Nothing worse than being new and getting the shaft and later finding out it was "common" knowledge. I mean how many of these guys that get scammed hear the, "didn't you know better".

Edit: If anything I would see it as a positive. The site looking out for its members.

This thread in particular is not about posting developments per se as it is finding folks that have been scammed and would like to tell their story. So in that sense it is better to have it being bumped or stickied.

#36 4 years ago

Too many bumps and nothing happening....

#37 4 years ago

I am at the mercy of others. To be honest only three folks have stepped forward. I need more people to come forward. I think the main reason nothing has ever been done is because these cases have been presented as one off instances. I want to show that this is a clear and deliberate practice, targeting international consumers dating back years.

I have sent in what I have, but would really like to have more people "behind me". If any of you are on foreign forums I would really appreciate it if you can post a thread. When I looked through past threads many folks noted that there were lots of complaints on their overseas boards.

It doesn't matter if it was years ago. If you sent money and did not receive goods, or only received goods AFTER the authorities were contacted I would like to hear from you. Your story can help others.

#39 4 years ago

Stay the course NerdyG ... it may take some time for those affected to step forward.

#40 4 years ago

I am. I have reached out to a good number of folks and they seem to be trickling in. I think the key for the authorities is for them to see this as a long standing deliberate practice. That may make them more inclined to take action.

#41 4 years ago

Action Bump

#42 4 years ago

Forwarded this link to the French forum. The local "Mad amusements" thread was dead since 2013 so I doubt many French pinheads have recently been robbed but... who knows?

Thanks for your efforts.

#43 4 years ago
    Quoted from jlm33:

Forwarded this link to the French forum. The "Mad amusements" thread was dead since 2013 so I doubt many French pinheads have recently been robbed but... how knows?
    Thanks for your efforts.

Thanks for posting. Old tales are still important it helps to establish a pattern. If anyone present or past wants to come forward it would go a long way.

#44 4 years ago

Oops.. just noticed this.. Yeh, MAD have absconded with my $$, usual story. Can supply the overview on request - PM me..

#45 4 years ago
    Quoted from playthatbeat:

Oops.. just noticed this.. Yeh, MAD have absconded with my $$, usual story. Can supply the overview on request - PM me..

Might want to PM nerdygrrl instead. She can help you out. Not sure your post will be noticed once their 10 more posts underneath this one. Just saying. I dealt with MAD only once before I knew of his dealings. The guys sounded very sketchy and I refrained from dealing with him again. Then I ended reading posts on here that confirmed everything.

#46 4 years ago
    Quoted from playthatbeat:

You should PM her.

#48 4 years ago

Hi All,

Was cheated by MAD at the end of 2014 for $824.25 US after having reasonable dealings with him for about 4 years (about $10000 worth of orders). From both the US and Australia.
    In Recent times I had him send all orders to my US address, Paid via paypal, no issues.

I placed the order in question and paid for it via PayPal 13th of November 2013 and asked to have that order shipped to Australia. Got an email back from 'Mike@' from someone calling himself JD that suggested that MAD would not accept PayPal or Credit Card for that "international" order and that I would have to use, wire transfer, western union etc instead. So MAD refunded my PayPal and as I have a business in the US, I eventually sent MAD a Check.

MAD deposited my check on the 2nd of February 2015, I received an email from MAD stating they had received my check and that after Clearance time my order would ship on the 16th. Since then I have never received my Order/Refund or any kind of response from MAD after countless attempts via various means to get a solution. So in the end I could only assume I had been a victim of Fraud.

I started researching MAD online and found not only were there a lot of bad reviews and stories of people paying for orders and having problems, but a number of large parts suppliers had not been paid for large orders sent to MAD either.

So my advice... Stay Well Clear of MAD regardless of where the order is to be shipped to, US or otherwise.

#49 4 years ago

Hey guys, thanks for the PM's and thanks for posting abroad. A few more folks have stepped forward. We are finally starting to get somewhere. Let's keep this coming. Again, this doesn't have to be a recent case, older cases help establish a deliberate pattern of behavior. If you have been cheated home or abroad, PM me and I will tell you what is needed.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Protection
    SilverBall Designs
    Tools
    PinDoc Restorations
    $ 26.95
    $ 25.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Protection
    SilverBall Designs
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.95
    Cabinet - Other
    Pin Monk
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Art Prints
    $ 14.95
    Pinball Machine
    COINTAKER.COM
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 334.95
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 40.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 16.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 36.99
    Playfield - Other
    Pinball Stuff
    $ 34.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    There are 157 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside