• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Atomicboy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Hi all!

I kind of don't know where to start with this one ...

I have everything else up and running since this video, the sound is still caught in this repeating pattern ...

The voltages are all what they are supposed to be, the reset button, and other button both seem to function - I tried to verify the roms in my rom burner, but was unable to do so ... when I tried to re-burn the roms, the red light would stop flashing, and I would get nothing - even when I just replaced one rom at a time. Even if I unplug everything from the MPU board, it does the same thing, so I'm fairly certain the problem lies on the actual sound board.

Any extra info, or suggestions would be much appreciated!!

#2 9 years ago

System 80b sound boards are a PIA. I have one that has intermittent problem that I can't seem to find. Yes, the ground mod has been completed.

#3 9 years ago

The sounds problems on sys80s can run back (and be a problem) as far back as the driver board. I have a detailed step by step to follow for sound issues somewhere, I'll try to find this later. I worked through this on my Night Moves, and it was time consuming.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Sturgeon Bay, WI
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Riverside, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/yet-another-hollywood-heat-sound-thread and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.