(Topic ID: 19270)

Yesterday's pinball pick-up... Serial Number 3!

By PinballHelp

11 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mars4.jpg
    mars3.jpg
    mars2.jpg
    mars0.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

Full story here: http://pinballhelp.com/mars-god-of-war-escapes-hurricane-destroyed-home/

The other day I went to an estate sale where they mentioned pinballs... it turns out the games were in an old abandoned house. Collapsed roof, mold, trash everywhere, but therein was a Gottlieb Mars God of War...

mars0.jpgmars0.jpg mars2.jpgmars2.jpg

#2 11 years ago

I haven't completely looked over the game yet, but it appears to be in really nice shape.

mars3.jpgmars3.jpg mars4.jpgmars4.jpg

#3 11 years ago

Nice Find!

#4 11 years ago

For those that didn't read the whole story at the link, the TL;DR is that I paid $50 for the machine. And I almost decided to not buy it for $50 but a friend said they'd help me load it up.

It looks to be 100% complete.

The MPU board has quite a bit of acid damage. But everything else looks OK (except for various connectors which will probably need to be re-pinned).

This is Gottlieb game number 666, and the serial number is 1003 which according to IPSND means this is the 3rd game off the assembly line. I haven't done any further looking into the game just yet but I will bust out my camera the next time I look at tape my first impressions of it when I can pull the playfield up.

I went ahead and decided to get a PI-80 for the machine since I have some other sys80s to work on and having a nice master MPU board will be helpful, but that puppy isn't cheap: $390 - it seems to make restoring these games a loss-leader, but it'll be nice to have this guy running again.

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinballHelp:

This is Gottlieb game number 666

I know Gorgar isn't a Gottlieb, but the number would fit.

#6 11 years ago

It's a shame it wasn't "Devil's Dare"

2 weeks later
    #7 11 years ago

Nice- most MGOW s are orange. I believe the black cabs are either prototypes or first
    runs, which are more rare. If there's a nuclear war, pins and cockroaches will be
    the last things left standing. Good luck with it

#8 11 years ago

Nice find. My friend also picked up one yesterday. Only problem is he tapped the corner of the inner backglass getting ready to load it up. Needless to say he is looking for a new one. Any floating around out there?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/yesterdays-pinball-pick-up-serial-number-3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.