Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by erak
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Did I disconnect something somewhere while working on it? I haven't pulled out a schematic yet, but does anyone know it these guys are on the same connector? I checked the settings in the menu, and the 'disable magnet' is off for both.

#2 10 years ago

AUX board fry? If not . Call STERN support.

#3 10 years ago

Usually if board is no good wolverine magnet will lock on first, then fry. Check your fuses in backbox and under the playfield.
If you hear the wolverine magnet humming when you turn on your machine. Turn it off right away. the aux board is no good. And it will fry your magnet.
But if all is good fuses etc. Or if fuses are blown. Call Stern, probably aux board is bad or a connector issue..

#4 10 years ago

Looks like its the fuse. Pat suggested I check F7 - a quick visual looked good, so I didn't examine closer, but on Pats recommendation I pulled it and checked continuity, and sure enough it was blown. Time to go buy a bag of 4a slow-blows.
Thanks all for the advice. I'll be back to cursing out Magneto with some really choice 4 letter words before I know it.

#6 10 years ago

But what caused the fuse to blow? Bad fuse?

#7 10 years ago

I had to remove my fuse inside the magnet (under the tape & solder direct). Chas thinks they reset, mine failed.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

I had to remove my fuse inside the magnet (under the tape & solder direct). Chas thinks they reset, mine failed.

There is a fuse inside the magnet ? Both Magnets ?

#9 10 years ago

Always the issue.....I need to get a cord run from my pin to my UPS so that I can relax about power surging and generally dirty line voltage - a long standing issue at my place. Then I can focus in on what might be blowing it, that is assuming it blows again. I pulled off the aux board and gave it a visual inspection, everything looked OK, no obvious burning. Didn't run any tests on the transistor though.

#10 10 years ago

Its suppose to be a resetable fuse. Mine failed, I would replace with a new coil. Just did it do get mine going after new aux driver installed.

2 years later
#11 7 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Its suppose to be a resetable fuse. Mine failed, I would replace with a new coil. Just did it do get mine going after new aux driver installed.

Hi Can the aux driver boards be repaired instead of replaced at a cost of $139u.s. !?

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from GeminiTwist:

Hi Can the aux driver boards be repaired instead of replaced at a cost of $139u.s. !?

That depends was the board and the wire harness replaced already?
There was a service bulletin. Basically a recall because there were issues with the design.

If this wasn't done you may be able to contact Stern and they may send you out the parts.

If it was done already you are probably gonna have to pay. But I would contact Stern support first. You never know.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-aux-board-issues

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/xmen-magneto-and-wolverine-magnets-not-working and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.