39%
  • Avengers 13 votes
    19%
  • Cake 29 votes
    42%

(69 votes)

#1 10 years ago

A simple poll, really.

Would you rather have an X-Men pin, an Avengers pin, or cake?

The main advantage with X-Men is it has significantly fewer calories than cake, and my sons' pal John Borg designed it.

The main advantage with Avengers is it doesn't spoil after a few days, and the Tesseract cube isn't real (no cross dimensional shenanigans).

The main advantage I see with cake is you can have your cake and eat it too.

Not trying to kick a hornets nest...just trying to lighten the mood of the whole XM/AV stuff I've seen since joining pinside. I happen to like both games, and if I could pick up both right now, I would. But then I'm just a crappy, flailing pin player who likes the occasional game and doesn't overly :Dconcern myself with modes, rules, etc.

Me play pin. Pin fun. Me buy more pin. Play more. Make friends. Respect friend crappy opinion on pin I no like. Drink beer with friend. Forget why argue.

#2 10 years ago

How about an all three option?

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from HighNoon:

How about an all three option?

Doh! Good point!

#4 10 years ago

Having owned AVLE, XMLE, and xmen pro I can honestly say that AVLE is the better game. BUTTTTTTTTTT, its only better if you want to put up with the babysitting headache that comes with it. You'll be tweaking it and re-tuning it more than any other game in the world. So I prefer xmen for this reason. All games need tweaking and adjusting but none are more needy than Avengers.

Now if you choose cake, your probably succeptible to feminine lifestyles in which you can tolerate needy behaviors in which avengers will be your choice. <-- that's a joke, no pun intended.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Now if you choose cake, your probably succeptible to feminine lifestyles in which you can tolerate needy behaviors in which Avengers will be your choice. <-- that's a joke, no pun intended.

Boy, I bet you're a hoot at birthday parties.

#6 10 years ago

It would be great to have an option that reads: Who cares? I love playing pinball and am sick of the constant 'this pin is better than that pin' argument.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

It would be great to have an option that reads: Who cares? I love playing pinball and am sick of the constant 'this pin is better than that pin' argument.

Note to self: Spend more time thinking about poll 'answers' when creating a poll.

#8 10 years ago

Note to self: Spend more time thinking about poll 'answers' when creating a poll.

I would choose pie over the 3 choices you offered so this poll is flawed.

// Error: Image 115385 not found //

#9 10 years ago

Hmmmm....depends. Will the cake be 10k by Christmas?

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

Yes...in the future make sure to have a pre-poll post before posting the actual poll.

--Luke

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Rcade:

Hmmmm....depends. Will the cake be 10k by Christmas?

10,000 calories? Could be. I've had blizzards from Dairy Queen that were over 1k...well before Christmas.

#12 10 years ago

Pie

// Error: Image 115389 not found //

#13 10 years ago

Cake, the 2 pins are made very cheaply & a bore fest.

#14 10 years ago

I just always choose cake.

#15 10 years ago

Wish I was closer, I 'd stop by for a piece of cake.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

Wish I was closer, I 'd stop by for a piece of cake.

Your home planet is listed as Earth. That's in the general vicinity.

You can't travel too far for cake. Just like you can't put too much water in a nuclear reactor. Love that old SNL skit!

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

Your home planet is listed as Earth. That's in the general vicinity.
You can't travel too far for cake. Just like you can't put too much water in a nuclear reactor. Love that old SNL skit!

Lol! Love that skit!

#18 10 years ago

Are you having cake??

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

Are you having cake??

Of course. The first rule of cake is if you discuss cake, you must have cake. Preferably two different kinds, 'cause I'm not eating a piece from that fancy-ass cake with the fruit in the middle.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

Of course. The first rule of cake is if you discuss cake, you must have cake. Preferably two different kinds, 'cause I'm not eating a piece from that fancy-ass cake with the fruit in the middle.

Cupcakes count, right?

#21 10 years ago

The cake is a lie.

#23 10 years ago

General Custer's famous last words.

#24 10 years ago

Cake is the clear winner here!

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Cake is the clear winner here!

I don't think that should come as any real surprise.

Looks like we have Stern's new theme. I bet Steve, George, John B., and John T. are arguing where it'll go in the rotation right now.

The pie folks are gonna be pissed. Probably already starting their own thread as we speak.

#26 10 years ago

I was surprised with xmen, with all the hate that its getting I didn't feel like it was a bad game...not the greatest but its a eacceptable. As for the cake...let your wife worry about the sh*t. You can always buy cake at the store but I doubt that you'll find x-men or avengers at your local grocers.

#27 10 years ago

Cake is for trolls
Avengers is for babysitters
Xmen is for ballers.

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Cake is for trolls
Avengers is for babysitters
Xmen is for ballers.

Where my bean pie woman?

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Cake is for trolls

Lots of trolls be voting in this thread then!

#30 10 years ago

Maybe Stern can run a one-time Xmen vs. Avengers pin the includes half of the XM and half of the AV play field (no, not top half - bottom half). Kind of like they do those half and half football jerseys.

Have Wolverine hit the Tesseract when you bash him, and have Hulk uppercut Magneto when you bash him.

Plus, everyone who buys one will be invited to a party where they'll bury the 'proverbial' hatchet (all real hatchets will be confiscated at the door).

And yes, there will be cake...and plenty of beer.

#31 10 years ago

Tough poll. Hard to decide. I went with Avengers. Go Hulk!

#32 10 years ago

So you're calling Mr. Ratburn a troll, eh?

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Tough poll. Hard to decide. I went with Avengers. Go Hulk!

Same here

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-or-avengers-or-cake and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.