• 19 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by PersonX99
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

My iceman ramp cycles during the game.

It activates, then swings across the playfield, as it approaches the lhs ramp stop it rubs against the wolverine claw then retracts.

It does this over and over, only locking into place across the playfield perhaps 1 out of 5 or so times.

Is this a common issue?

Is it caused with the ramp grazing wolverine?

Thanks.

Robert

#2 9 years ago

Check that the limit switches (there are 2, one at each end) are properly activating. This should be available in the Game Specific Tests.

Regarding the ramp hitting Wolverine, I have heard of people bending and tweaking the arm to alleviate that issue. Probably some posts on that buried in the thousand page X-Men thread

#3 9 years ago

Best solution for Wolverine is to remount him slightly...it's pretty difficult to get that toy in the exact right spot - if he's off a centimeter the ramp will hit one arm or the ball can get stuck or deflected off the other. Might be a switch issue, but if the claw is blocking it to the point of stopping it, the game thinks it's never getting to the other side. Just test the switch under the playfield w/ your finger in switch test...rule out a switch problem.

#4 9 years ago

Pbcorpse is on the track. I'm pretty sure it's the limit switch. Wolverines claws are pretty bendy, that shouldn't be the problem.

#5 9 years ago

It doesn't stop it, the ramp will go to the lhs and stay during test.

Both limit switches work.

When the ramp is moving to the lhs, it his the wolverine and activates his switch. Could that cause the ramp to cycle back?

Robert

#6 9 years ago

It hits wolverine just enough to activate his switch, barely grazes his claws but enough to activate him.

#7 9 years ago

Yes. Try holdinding his hand down while cycling the ramp left. What happens?

#8 9 years ago

I called Stern about this for my LE and their fix was to bend the ramp up. Put one hand on the beginning of the metal part of the ramp and then lift up on the end of the ramp. It doesn't take much and is a quick fix. I eventually moved Wolverine over so then it became a complete non issue.

#9 9 years ago

Ok, this is interesting. If the Wolverine switch is actually activating as the ramp moves left, I wonder if the ramp is working as it does in the Sabretooth mode which causes the ramp to switch positions as Wolverine is hit.

As alluded to above by ZZZ, if the Wolverine switch is taken out of the equation, does the ramp cycle?

#10 9 years ago

I tried to loosen the set screw at the motor, and it's really tight so I stopped before I stripped out the hex.

I may try again or bend the ramp.

Robert

#11 9 years ago

When I disconnected the switch on the wolverine, the ramp worked normally, well I've only had the game 3 days. In any case the ramp didn't cycle back and forth.

Robert

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

When I disconnected the switch on the wolverine, the ramp worked normally, well I've only had the game 3 days. In any case the ramp didn't cycle back and forth.
Robert

Sounds like you found the reason the ramp is moving erratically, now you just need to figure out how to keep Wolverine from being hit by the ramp.

#13 9 years ago

I put two 3/8 diameter flat washers on the post that holds the Storm ramp, on the LHS sling upper hold down.

That lifts the ramp and the metal piece that the iceman ramp lands on when it swings over.

Now the ramp clears the wolverine's claws.

Robert

#14 9 years ago

Right on Robert, glad you got it resolved.

#15 9 years ago

Robert,
How do you like Xmen? I was about to purchase one but I ended up buying a piece of lake front property and am now broke. It is still on my want list but it is probably going to be a while.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I put two 3/8 diameter flat washers on the post that holds the Storm ramp, on the LHS sling upper hold down.
That lifts the ramp and the metal piece that the iceman ramp lands on when it swings over.
Now the ramp clears the wolverine's claws.
Robert

You can also make Wolverine less sensitive (he has Daddy issues) by adjusting the switch from underneath the playfield that activates him.

#17 9 years ago

I had this issue as well. I remember I adjusted one of the two switches under the Ice Man ramp. The one on the left side.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

How do you like Xmen?

It's fun, but I've only had it a few days so it's difficult to say how much fun it will be in 2 years.

I still don't really have the rules down yet, just trying to get the thing dialed in.

I got my replacement Transisitor Board yesterday and will install it this weekend.

Robert

#19 9 years ago

It can tka ea little while to appreciate XM because it is a difficult game. However, once you understand the rules and can start hitting the shots, the game can become pretty addicting. The Storm shot is my personal nemesis. I keep going back to her just so I can hear the campy callouts.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-le-iceman-ramp-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.