8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by markmon
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jrkitty.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I am finishing up a complete teardown and shop of an Attack From Mars pinball I purchased and when the power is turned on to the game, the right flipper immediately energizes and stays energized until the power is turned off. When the game was purchased, both flipper assemblies were completely missing so I installed a new flipper kit from PBR, 2 brand new coils and EOS switches and they have been properly adjusted in the open position that closes at the end of stroke. I verified the wiring is correct as it matches the wiring on my Medieval Madness.

There was a fuse blown on the driver board when I shopped the game and if my memory is correct it was F103. I am not very familiar with fliptronics games so looking for some help here. I am guessing that this is most likely a transistor issue in the fliptronics control area of the driver, but figured I would get opinions from you guys that deal with this more often. I know its not the control board in the cabinet as it was also missing when I bought the game, and currently I stole the one from my working MM and put in this game.

Thanks for any help

#3 8 years ago

it should also be noted that this problem occurs even when the flipper opto board is completely disconnected

#5 8 years ago

LTG, I can do that in tomorrow afternoon when I get back to my shop. I have J119 connector unhooked from the driver board so I can boot the game. I will try your switch edge test with J119 unhooked so I don't damage my new coil.

#7 8 years ago

LTG I tested both opto boards in the switch edges test, and both performed properly. I pulled the driver board and will look it over good this evening and try and test Q90 and Q92. I will post if I find anything bad.

#9 8 years ago

just now had time to post here as I wanted others to see the fix so maybe it will help them. After testing the optos in switch edges as LTG suggested, I removed the driver board, and according to the manual Q90 and Q92 transistors were both associated with this right flipper. Sure enough when I tested these in circuit with my meter, I got a short on Q92. This was a TIP 102 and luckily I had one here, so after installing this new transistor in Q92 I then reinstalled the board and the game works perfect.

Thanks to all you guys that helped, and hopefully someone else will benefit from this post in the future.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westwood, NJ
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 21.50
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Onekama, MI
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jrkitty.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wpc-95-flipper-stuck-afm?tu=jrkitty and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.