Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 46 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by iceman44
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2022-07-27 at 6.42.58 PM (resized).png
    iso (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    DSC00578 (resized).JPG
    wonkadownloads (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Wonka iso (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider YeOldPinPlayer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 2 years ago
    Quoted from titanpenguin:

if you are doing the delta update, you have to drag the unzipped file on to the usb, then unzip it.

You can't unzip a file that's already unzipped.

#7 2 years ago

instruction from jjp specifically state to drag the zipped file onto the usb drive, then unzip it on the usb drive. Not sure why that needs a down vote.

Because you suggested a course of action that IS NOT POSSIBLE. You can't unzip a file that's already unzipped.

I suspect you mis-typed your initial response (below) and restated their instructions correctly in your follow-up (above).

you have to drag the unzipped file on to the usb, then unzip it.

#12 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

"please ensure wonka_update directory is located in the USB root" and "no update directory found"

This error message is telling you that the computer can't find the files in the right place on your USB stick.
    Maybe post a screenshot of the root directory of your USB drive?

trying to update from 1.33 to 2.01 and I cannot get it to work

Quoted from LTG:

You have to do a Full Install for this. Delta only works on 1.34 to 2.01

This is what I've been doing with no luck.

Note that your first post you mentioned a zip file but when LTG reminded you it's a full install you said that's what you were doing. The full install is not a zip file, it's an iso image. The delta upgrade is a zip file but that won't work to go from v1.33 to v2.01.

#14 2 years ago

I'm literally just taking the zip file directly from JJP, loading it to desktop and then loading that to the USB using the ISO copy program...I'm not fussing with it in any way...Plus I dont know how to take a screenshot lol

That's your problem. You can't use the delta (zip file). You need the full install (iso image).

#18 2 years ago

The ISO is downloaded as a zip file

No it isn't. It's downloaded as an iso.

Wonka iso (resized).pngWonka iso (resized).png
    #23 2 years ago

taking the zip file directly from JJP, loading it to desktop and then loading that to the USB using the ISO copy program...I'm not fussing with it in any way...Plus I dont know how to take a screenshot lol

Can you open the download folder and type the name of every file(including the extension behind the .) that begins with "WillyWonka"?

#26 2 years ago

Those are the links I'm using. It downloads it to Zip

https://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/support/

wonkadownloads (resized).pngwonkadownloads (resized).png
    #29 2 years ago

Anyone running Chrome and computer savvy enough to check and see if there is a setting that defaults to .zip when downloading an .iso?

It would be crazy to find out OP's ISP cached the file and is feeding it as a .zip.

#36 2 years ago

but when I download it it downloads to zip

Why do you keep saying it's a .zip file? The .zip file has a completely different name. You have the file extension cut off in your screenshot but the size and file name is the exact same as the .iso I just downloaded so if WinRar is telling you it's a .zip it's been zipped 0.0% which is totally pointless (but would be very confusing).

Do you want to try a Teamviewer session?

#40 2 years ago

Download Teamviewer, run it (third option, no need to install), and PM me your ID and I'll take a look.

#44 2 years ago

Was one of your browsers renaming the .iso to .zip or was that an end user issue?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider YeOldPinPlayer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wonka-update-133-to-201-pulling-my-hair-out?tu=YeOldPinPlayer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.