Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 46 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by iceman44
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2022-07-27 at 6.42.58 PM (resized).png
    iso (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    DSC00578 (resized).JPG
    wonkadownloads (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Wonka iso (resized).png
    #1 2 years ago

I'm really irritated right now lol. I'm just trying to update from 1.33 to 2.01 and I cannot get it to work. I'm downloading the zip file and then using a ISO to USB program to move that to the USB. Doesnt work. When I unzip before moving to USB it makes me choose individual files vs. the entire folder. What the heck am I doing wrong? Thanks

#2 2 years ago

if you are doing the delta update, you have to drag the unzipped file on to the usb, then unzip it.

#3 2 years ago
    Quoted from titanpenguin:

if you are doing the delta update, you have to drag the unzipped file on to the usb, then unzip it.

You can't unzip a file that's already unzipped.

#4 2 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

You can't unzip a file that's already unzipped.

Simply stating, the delta update file comes as a zip file from JJP. instruction from jjp specifically state to drag the zipped file onto the usb drive, then unzip it on the usb drive. Not sure why that needs a down vote.

#5 2 years ago

Do the delta update. I had the same problem.

#6 2 years ago

https://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/general/install-full/

i had to erase and reformat my usb stick to get unbootin to work when i updated GnR. I also switched drives as one of my usb sticks was not working even though it programmed fine.

#7 2 years ago

instruction from jjp specifically state to drag the zipped file onto the usb drive, then unzip it on the usb drive. Not sure why that needs a down vote.

Because you suggested a course of action that IS NOT POSSIBLE. You can't unzip a file that's already unzipped.

I suspect you mis-typed your initial response (below) and restated their instructions correctly in your follow-up (above).

you have to drag the unzipped file on to the usb, then unzip it.

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

I'm really irritated right now lol. I'm just trying to update from 1.33 to 2.01 and I cannot get it to work.

You have to do a Full Install for this. Delta only works on 1.34 to 2.01

Download unetbootin. Download 2.01 ( I put it on my desk top so it's easy to find ) Open unetbootin, use that to put the 2.01 on your USB stick. The game likes 8GB to 16GB USB sticks, and not every brand. I've had good luck with PNY.

Here is a link with instructions. Follow carefully. https://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/general/install-full/

Once you have the 2.01 on your stick. Turn your game off. Insert uor USB stick into the USB cable by the cashbox. Turn game on. It should update. The screen will say when it's done. Then the screen will tell you to remove the USB stick, and reboot the game. ( turn the game off, wait 5 to 10 seconds ) turn the game back on.

You can hit the enter button and lower right corner of the screen will say what version of software is in your game.

LTG : )

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Download unetbootin. Download 2.01 ( I put it on my desk top so it's easy to find ) Open unetbootin, use that to put the 2.01 on your USB stick. The game likes 8GB to 16GB USB sticks, and not every brand. I've had good luck with PNY.
    Here is a link with instructions. Follow carefully. https://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/general/install-full/
    Once you have the 2.01 on your stick. Turn your game off. Insert uor USB stick into the USB cable by the cashbox. Turn game on. It should update. The screen will say when it's done. Then the screen will tell you to remove the USB stick, and reboot the game. ( turn the game off, wait 5 to 10 seconds ) turn the game back on.
    You can hit the enter button and lower right corner of the screen will say what version of software is in your game.

This is what I've been doing with no luck. I am using a 64GB stick so maybe thats it...which is ridiculous. Do I need to do anything with the zip file once its on the USB? Thanks

#10 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I just tried again and nothing. Also tried to update via the update function in settings but I'm getting the error "please ensure wonka_update directory is located in the USB root" and "no update directory found"

#11 2 years ago

I had the very same problem, when i used the program Rufus it did work for me, i hope it helps

https://rufus.ie/en/

#12 2 years ago

"please ensure wonka_update directory is located in the USB root" and "no update directory found"

This error message is telling you that the computer can't find the files in the right place on your USB stick.
    Maybe post a screenshot of the root directory of your USB drive?

trying to update from 1.33 to 2.01 and I cannot get it to work

Quoted from LTG:

This is what I've been doing with no luck.

Note that your first post you mentioned a zip file but when LTG reminded you it's a full install you said that's what you were doing. The full install is not a zip file, it's an iso image. The delta upgrade is a zip file but that won't work to go from v1.33 to v2.01.

#13 2 years ago

This error message is telling you that the computer can't find the files in the right place on your USB stick.

I'm literally just taking the zip file directly from JJP, loading it to desktop and then loading that to the USB using the ISO copy program...I'm not fussing with it in any way...Plus I dont know how to take a screenshot lol

#14 2 years ago

I'm literally just taking the zip file directly from JJP, loading it to desktop and then loading that to the USB using the ISO copy program...I'm not fussing with it in any way...Plus I dont know how to take a screenshot lol

That's your problem. You can't use the delta (zip file). You need the full install (iso image).

#15 2 years ago

Note that your first post you mentioned a zip file but when @ltg reminded you it's a full install you said that's what you were doing. The full install is not a zip file, it's an iso image. The delta upgrade is a zip file but that won't work to go from v1.33 to v2.01.

The ISO is downloaded as a zip file

#16 2 years ago

Did you try a smaller usb stick? 16gb seems to be the sweet spot.

#17 2 years ago
    Quoted from melappels:

I had the very same problem, when i used the program Rufus it did work for me, i hope it helps
    https://rufus.ie/en/

Just tried it, doesnt accept a zip file...Thanks

#18 2 years ago

The ISO is downloaded as a zip file

No it isn't. It's downloaded as an iso.

Wonka iso (resized).pngWonka iso (resized).png
    #19 2 years ago

No it isn't. It's downloaded as an iso.[quoted image]

It does when I try to download it.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #20 2 years ago

Make sure your stick is in the correct format. I followed the directions for 2.0 from 1.33 and it worked first time.

#21 2 years ago
    Quoted from attyrhodes:

Make sure your stick is in the correct format. I followed the directions for 2.0 from 1.33 and it worked first time.

Fat32

#22 2 years ago

If you're downloading from one of the delta links, you are getting the wrong thing. If you have a zip file, you got the wrong thing.

You need one of these:

https://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/ww/WillyWonka&theChocolateFactory-v02.01.iso (US)
    https://downloadseu.jerseyjackpinball.com/ww/WillyWonka&theChocolateFactory-v02.01.iso (EU)

Then use rufus to put that on stick, then power ON the game with stick in usb cord.

#23 2 years ago

taking the zip file directly from JJP, loading it to desktop and then loading that to the USB using the ISO copy program...I'm not fussing with it in any way...Plus I dont know how to take a screenshot lol

Can you open the download folder and type the name of every file(including the extension behind the .) that begins with "WillyWonka"?

#24 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_keefer:

If you're downloading from one of the delta links, you are getting the wrong thing. If you have a zip file, you got the wrong thing.
    You need one of these:
    https://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/ww/WillyWonka&theChocolateFactory-v02.01.iso (US)
    https://downloadseu.jerseyjackpinball.com/ww/WillyWonka&theChocolateFactory-v02.01.iso (EU)
    Then use rufus to put that on stick, then power ON the game with stick in usb cord.

Those are the links I'm using. It downloads it to Zip

#25 2 years ago

You need one of these:

yup, only the delta goes to a zip for me, the iso is saved as an iso. you need the full update, not the delta to do the iso.

#26 2 years ago

Those are the links I'm using. It downloads it to Zip

https://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/support/

wonkadownloads (resized).pngwonkadownloads (resized).png
    #27 2 years ago

When you download this link - https://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/ww/WillyWonka&theChocolateFactory-v02.01.iso (US)

Do you see this in my picture ? I'm on a PC, Windows 10, Firefox browser.

DSC00578 (resized).JPGDSC00578 (resized).JPG
    #28 2 years ago

You might want to try to switch browsers to download.

#29 2 years ago

Anyone running Chrome and computer savvy enough to check and see if there is a setting that defaults to .zip when downloading an .iso?

It would be crazy to find out OP's ISP cached the file and is feeding it as a .zip.

#30 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

When you download this link - https://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/ww/WillyWonka&theChocolateFactory-v02.01.iso (US)
    [quoted image]

No it automatically begins downloading it as a zip

#31 2 years ago

Thats what I've downloaded. Here's what it looks like in downloads

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #32 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

[quoted image]

so when I open in firefox that box pops up...??

#33 2 years ago

so when I open in firefox that box pops up...??

Did for me. I save file. When done put it on my desktop to be easy to find. I tried this before I posted.

#34 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Did for me. I save file. When done put it on my desktop to be easy to find. I tried this before I posted.

but when I download it it downloads to zip

#35 2 years ago

I'm not a computer expert. But it sounds like something on your computer is causing this.

#36 2 years ago

Why do you keep saying it's a .zip file? The .zip file has a completely different name. You have the file extension cut off in your screenshot but the size and file name is the exact same as the .iso I just downloaded so if WinRar is telling you it's a .zip it's been zipped 0.0% which is totally pointless (but would be very confusing).

Do you want to try a Teamviewer session?

#37 2 years ago

Why do you keep saying it's a .zip file? The .zip file has a completely different name. You have the file extension cut off in your screenshot but the size and file name is the exact same as the .iso I just downloaded so if WinRar is telling you it's a .zip it's been zipped 0.0% which is totally pointless.
    Do you want to try a Teamviewer session?

I'm saying zip because it says .zip...Jammed right now but maybe this weekend. appreciate the help

#38 2 years ago

You can think of ISOs as zips in a way (there's 0 compression), and that is what is confusing you. The ISO did download, but you're seeing "winrar archive" and conflating that with a zipfile which it isn't. That just means you can use winrar to open it and see all the files in it, not that it's a literal zip file.

Don't try and extract it. Just run rufus, and point to that iso file you downloaded.

iso (resized).jpgiso (resized).jpg
    #39 2 years ago

You can think of ISOs as zips in a way (there's 0 compression), and that is what is confusing you. The ISO did download, but you're seeing "winrar archive" and conflating that with a zipfile which it isn't. That just means you can use winrar to open it and see all the files in it, not that it's a literal zip file.
    Don't try and extract it. Just run rufus, and point to that iso file you downloaded.
    [quoted image]

the one you point to is an old update from ~18 months ago. The latest one has a .zip file extension. I used rufus, pointed to the top one (showing wiwRAR) and it doenst work

#40 2 years ago

Download Teamviewer, run it (third option, no need to install), and PM me your ID and I'll take a look.

#41 2 years ago

Maybe this has been mentioned already but try a different USB stick.

#42 2 years ago

I had a similar issue going from 1.33 to 2.01. took me 2 days. Finally got it updated to 2.01 using Rufus to create USB with ISO. I used 16gb USB, I formatted USB to FAT32 and made sure it didn't have any partitions on it. Unenbootin DID NOT work on my machine, each attempt to update with Unbootin failed game would just boot normally to 1.33. I then tried Rufus to create USB and that worked.
    FYI. I forgot to backup my audits and lost all my high scores and all stats at zero with todays date.
    Hope this helps.

#43 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheFool:

I had a similar issue going from 1.33 to 2.01. took me 2 days. Finally got it updated to 2.01 using Rufus to create USB with ISO. I used 16gb USB, I formatted USB to FAT32 and made sure it didn't have any partitions on it. Unenbootin DID NOT work on my machine, each attempt to update with Unbootin failed game would just boot normally to 1.33. I then tried Rufus to create USB and that worked.
    FYI. I forgot to backup my audits and lost all my high scores and all stats at zero with todays date.
    Hope this helps.

So I finally got it. Changed USB sticks, used a different browser and used Rufus.

Thanks everyone for the help. What a pain lol!

#44 2 years ago

Was one of your browsers renaming the .iso to .zip or was that an end user issue?

9 months later
    #45 1 year ago

I tried doing this to update my WWCE and UNetbootin shows this where there is no "drive" to select is this correct? I am using a Mac.

Screen Shot 2022-07-27 at 6.42.58 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-07-27 at 6.42.58 PM (resized).png
    #46 1 year ago
    Quoted from T-Bone21:

I tried doing this to update my WWCE and UNetbootin shows this where there is no "drive" to select is this correct? I am using a Mac.
    [quoted image]

I need to do this too using Mac

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wonka-update-133-to-201-pulling-my-hair-out and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.