(Topic ID: 354360)

Williams stepper units on playfield

By frogeyeman

3 months ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 3 months ago

Hi, I have a 1957 Williams "Kings" machine. The 3 stepper units under the playfield have all the activation solenoids/coils missing. The reset coils are in place. Was this stepper unit used on other Williams machines? Does anybody have the correct part number for the coils. Will any other 50v AC coils from other makes fit. What does the link look like from the coil? Any pictures would be brilliant. Sorry to ask so many questions but new to pinballs. Do not want to have to scrap machine but might have to unless I can find these parts. Thanks

#2 3 months ago

An you send a pic of those steppers. I have salads. From eta and maybe able match them up.

Also check the schemetics .. they will show the coil numbers

Mike V

#3 88 days ago
Quoted from RacingPin:

An you send a pic of those steppers. I have salads. From eta and maybe able match them up.
Also check the schemetics .. they will show the coil numbers
Mike V

Hi Mike, thanks for reply.Unable to send photos as not yet joined up to Pinsider+ I do not have schematic as it is hard to obtain,Pinball Resource will not post me one due to postage restrictions to UK. None of the other coils have numbers on them,maybe because of age of machine(1957). Will keep trying to source some similar coils but without picture or numbers could be a problem. Nick

#4 87 days ago
Quoted from frogeyeman:

Unable to send photos as not yet joined up to Pinsider+

Can't you upload a photo in this thread?

#5 87 days ago

I just happened to have two Williams Kings and one was so beat, I parted it out. Box is up in the shed, so may take some time to dig out.

Also may still have a schematic. Coil numbers shouldn't be too hard to figure out. Williams steppers are pretty similar and universal in that era wherever they were used on the machines with only the usual functional differences. On Kings each letter "K" "J' and "Q" has it's own stepper mounted under the playfield I believe. Should be two coils on each one.

If you are patient, I will report back when I can on it.

#6 87 days ago

I do not have a Kings schematic, but do have one for another 50V Williams of that era.

Typical step up coil looks to be A-26-1100, and step down or reset coil is B-29-1600.

Unless those are the same as the larger steppers that were used for the light scoring behind the backglass. But, if memory serves me correctly, those are the same as the smaller steppers also used in the replay, match, and ball count units.

If more info is needed, I will dig the box out of the shed when I get the chance.

#7 85 days ago
Quoted from o-din:

I do not have a Kings schematic, but do have one for another 50V Williams of that era.
Typical step up coil looks to be A-26-1100, and step down or reset coil is B-29-1600.
Unless those are the same as the larger steppers that were used for the light scoring behind the backglass. But, if memory serves me correctly, those are the same as the smaller steppers also used in the replay, match, and ball count units.
If more info is needed, I will dig the box out of the shed when I get the chance.

Thank you for the coil numbers. Now all I have to do is locate some then hopefully can get machine running. Thanks for the offer of digging out the box, I may hold you to that.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.