• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20210304_205939583 (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

Hello.

I have been troubleshooting a Williams Scorpion, and I can't find the error.

This machine was collected from storage, and it was in working condition before it was stored. The first problem with the machine was that the Solenoid fuse in the power supply card broke at once I put the power on. I have rebuilt the power supply with new caps, and all voltages is fine. But the fuse still broke, when I power the game up. I checked ohm on all solenoides and they are fine. I went over to the driver board, and replaced the transistors in the Solenoid part. When I had done this the fuse are fine, but the game does not start.

I tried to turn the game on and off several times, and suddenly it boots and I could coin up and start the game. It was unstable, and I experienced that the game stopped working in the middle of a game, like it is frozen. It was still hard to boot the game, and some times I was not able to coin up the game, it will not register any credits. So I was thinking that it still was something wrong with the driverboard or the MPU card. So I gave up troubleshooting and purchased a new set of Kouthout MPU and driver boards.

When I try to start the game with the brand new Koutout boards, the problem is the same. The game don't boot. From the LEDs on the MPU card I have no ligth on Blanking. All the other leds are lighted.

When I try to find information about the Blanking signal, the troubleshooting leads to different chips and part on the Driver and MPU board, but this is also brand new, so I this should be working fine.

So if the MPU and Driver board are working, what else can case a low blanking signal? When I power up I can see a blink in the Blanking Led, but when the Solenoid in the coin door kicks in, the LED goes black. This is a SM-35-4000 DE.

IMG_20210304_205939583 (resized).jpgIMG_20210304_205939583 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 130.00
Electronics
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-scorpion-low-blanking-with-new-cpu-and-driver-card and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.