• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

driver (resized).png
Blackout #sol (resized).PNG
#1 3 months ago

Hello all, Wondering where to start? THe kids were playing the Blackout while I was in the other room and yelling pursued about smoke. I shut off and unplugged the machine. I have since replaced the kickout coil and inspected the switches but when I power on the machine the coil locks on. Can anyone help me diagnose this problem? Thanks in advance. I havent taken the switches apart but they are not in contact with anything and are open. No serious damage as far as I can see. Where should I start?

#3 3 months ago

Hi! You have probably the related transistor shorted on the driver board. Do you mean the kickout eject hole, correct?

Blackout #sol (resized).PNGBlackout #sol (resized).PNG
#4 3 months ago

By kickout coil do you mean the ball release under the apron or the eject hole?

The ball release transistor is Q15 and the eject hole is Q25 on the driver board lower left corner.

With the machine off, assuming you have a multi meter, set it continuity or lowest resistance and touch one probe to any Ground point and the other to the metal tab on the transistor and listen for the sound of the meter or look for close to zero ohms resistance.

If you hear a sound or see zero ohms resistance, then the transistor is bad and needs replacing.

#5 3 months ago

Rikoshay Thank you for the reply. Now that you sent that diagram, it is the right kicker. What is a good reeding to see on the multimeter?

#6 3 months ago

Check Right kicker drive 21 Q10 on the driverboard

driver (resized).pngdriver (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
Tools
Pincoder Store

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

2,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Berkeley Springs, WV
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-blackout-stuck-coil-solenoid and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.