• 87 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Riffbear
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Will Metallica Master of Puppets Sell for at Least $10K Before It Ships?”

• Yes. Just like Billy Ripken's F*ck Face Baseball Card, this is a hot item! 38 votes
    35%
  • No. The MOPLE bubble will burst when Stern prints METLE on the box 40 votes
    36%
  • Maybe. If it does, mine's going up for sale. 11 votes
    10%
  • Automated told me my order was cancelled, and now they're selling games on ebay. 21 votes
    19%

(110 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cornfield.jpg
There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

Automated has successfully sold on ebay for $8995, $9195, and now has one for sale for $9495. If it starts getting hits over $10K, how many more will go up for sale before they ship?

#2 10 years ago

#3 10 years ago

Any one paying 10g's for MOPLE should take me up on this offer (see video)

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=CEeqCbEFIJw&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DCEeqCbEFIJw

#4 10 years ago

I hear the MOPLEs come with a few extras not on the flyer.

Vomit multiball and knock over the porta potty multiball.

There is also a mode called "who can nail the skank"

And another one called " take a shower meathead"

I freakin can't wait for my MOPLE!!!

Worth at least 20k

#5 10 years ago

I already have Monster Bash.

No need in buying another one.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

I already have Monster Bash.
No need in buying another one.

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking when I played Metallica last week at Stern! Both games have a drac trac feature... oh wait, no they don't. Maybe it was the ramp shot directly behind Sparky like Frankenstein on MB... um, no that's not it. I know, the hammer that comes down on MB is just like the hammer on Metallica... wait... maybe it's the 3 in-lane drop targets on MB I'm thinking of... or the same music and call outs... or the kick out hole on the far right on Metallica is the same on MB, no?... Hmmm... well they both deffinately have flippers and pop bumpers! Yup, defenately same game

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Automated has successfully sold on ebay for $8995, $9195, and now has one for sale for $9495. If it starts getting hits over $10K, how many more will go up for sale before they ship?

Would not be surprised if it did.

#8 10 years ago

Mine already has...

#9 10 years ago

pinside has made me to never to want this machine at any price.

#10 10 years ago

Im watching an auction for one on EBAY listed at $14995. Not buying it, just curious if it gets bought.

#11 10 years ago

Just checked the auction, he lowered the price to $13995

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Mine already has...

if Teekee says it, it must be true

He is almost as good as wikipedia...

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

if Teekee says it, it must be true
He is almost as good as wikipedia...

The questions was asked and I answered it... MINE already has. I don't care what anyone else wants to value it at but to me... MINE is already there.

#14 10 years ago

Why so much hate on this site?

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from jruddr:

The talk about profits and making money off of pins is at an all time high. I'm all for not losing money on a pin but this is getting pretty sad. Where has our hobby gone?!?!

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from jruddr:

I have no idea... I simply answered the question truthfully. To me it's worth what it's worth. Maybe not to anyone else but that doesn't matter. Hate and thumbs down from the same guys all the time.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

The talk about profits and making money off of pins is at an all time high. I'm all for not losing money on a pin but this is getting pretty sad. Where has our hobby gone?!?!

And the reality is you have a bigger chance of losing a grand or more on an LE machine if you look at the past. I know 10X more people that lost their ass on X-men, Hulk, and Transformers than ever made a dime on BIBLE or TRON LE.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

And the reality is you have a bigger chance of losing a grand or more on an LE machine if you look at the past. I know 10X more people that lost their ass on X-men and Transformers than ever made a dime on BIBLE or TRON LE.

And that's exactly why we should be happy for those that get a winner once in awhile. Distributors and some others here take the gamble on all the titles. A good many will lose and maybe break even but a few here and there will be winners and its sad that some can't handle it when someone else hits a home run when maybe they struck out. I've been on both sides plenty of times. It is what it is...

Metallica was a perfect example. Some put deposits in months in advance while others tried to jump in only when the hype exploded. Hopefully those that took the gamble early on got theirs...

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

And that's exactly why we should be happy for those that get a winner once in awhile.

You play so innocent...

Many are not happy for 'those' (i.e. you) that get in on a winner because we have all figured out how the game works for many and the deck is stacked against the real pinball fans.

You have these distributors that CONSTANTLY talk up EVERY new Stern title as if it is the golden god and hype every damn game till the next new thing comes along. It is a classic pump and dump fed by GREED and nothing good for pinball.

Then when the hype machine really takes off on a title these same guys are doing the pump and dump to the shady extreme. They 'got all their games' taken away from Stern, but magically their front men have plenty of LEs to sell or trade for crazy asking prices.

Anyone paying attention just the slightest has realized that there is an inside ring which amazingly all originates from a certain state that is playing this game. I for one know I will NEVER be buying a NIB game from one of these shady distributors or their 'buddies' that amazingly still got their METLE even though others that had preordered with the same distributor got bumped. It must just be a coincidence that all these 'buddies' are selling/ trading their METLE at the top of the hype coaster.

I encourage anyone that is buying NIB to look west to one of the larger distributors that has thus far shown to be a stand up guy and not pulling any of this shady crap or spamming the forums with their pump and dump propoganda.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Im watching an auction for one on EBAY listed at $14995. Not buying it, just curious if it gets bought.

Not really an auction is it?

#21 10 years ago

Really the only way to be safe it to sell early during the initial hype and when they first start delivering.

I am curious why Stern has yet to release any further information/pics of the LE/Premium ("Fuel bar", laser cut speaker panels, vid of the hammer/casket loading, etc) and these games are supposed to be shipping in a few weeks?

You can guarantee that Stern is carefully releasing information to keep hype up, and right now they are not about showing what the all have at the moment and more about keeping the mystery there to keep people guessing and buying. If they believed they had a good quality product that everyone will want, they would just keep the info coming.. but that's not the case. Stern's policy of over-promising and under-delivering while fattening Gary's wallet by cutting corners is still in place. Don't kid yourself. Now that they know people are going to pay ridiculous money and all the LE's are sold out, there's no benefit to show us what we are supposed to get on the LE/Premium. Hell, now they can cut a $50 part out of the game and it won't matter, right? $50 X 400 = $25K in Gary's pocket, and it's a sellout w/o anyone knowing. Hell, they may have had a really cool thing planned for the FUEL bar and decided to pull it now for a higher profit margin. We'll never know, right?

I do disagree that it's the distributors pumping things up, it's the people/speculators here that are buying multiple machines to re-sell that are the problem. Not that I personally care, but I do believe that's the problem. And of course those that are willing to pay the ridiculous prices.

#22 10 years ago

Shouldn't. Look around. Mid-8s.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You play so innocent...
Many are not happy for 'those' (i.e. you) that get in on a winner because we have all figured out how the game works for many and the deck is stacked against the real pinball fans.
You have these distributors that CONSTANTLY talk up EVERY new Stern title as if it is the golden god and hype every damn game till the next new thing comes along. It is a classic pump and dump fed by GREED and nothing good for pinball.
Then when the hype machine really takes off on a title these same guys are doing the pump and dump to the shady extreme. They 'got all their games' taken away from Stern, but magically their front men have plenty of LEs to sell or trade for crazy asking prices.
Anyone paying attention just the slightest has realized that there is an inside ring which amazingly all originates from a certain state that is playing this game. I for one know I will NEVER be buying a NIB game from one of these shady distributors or their 'buddies' that amazingly still got their METLE even though others that had preordered with the same distributor got bumped. It must just be a coincidence that all these 'buddies' are selling/ trading their METLE at the top of the hype coaster.
I encourage anyone that is buying NIB to look west to one of the larger distributors that has thus far shown to be a stand up guy and not pulling any of this shady crap or spamming the forums with their pump and dump propoganda.

While I agree with much of what you said, there are several things to keep in mind:

1. Pinball is a who-you-know-hobby. Always has been, always will be.

2. If we don't pay the pumped up price, speculators wouldn't turn a profit and would eventually stop buying to flip. They have replaced the people who used to buy pins for a great price, wipe the playfield and sell for a $1,000 profit. Those pins are hard to find now. See many posts complaining about it within the past year?

3. Flipping is probably a very low percentage of the LEs sold.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

And that's exactly why we should be happy for those that get a winner once in awhile. Distributors and some others here take the gamble on all the titles. A good many will lose and maybe break even but a few here and there will be winners and its sad that some can't handle it when someone else hits a home run when maybe they struck out. I've been on both sides plenty of times. It is what it is...

Metallica was a perfect example. Some put deposits in months in advance while others tried to jump in only when the hype exploded. Hopefully those that took the gamble early on got theirs...

Hopefully the people who put their deposits in months in advance were big Metallica fans who really wanted the machine and to play the crap out of it, and not a bunch of folks who were just hoping to flip for a quick buck.

The only "winners" imo, are those who love Metallica and got their LE despite the speculator crowd. The whole pump and dump phenomenon, which seems to have gotten worse since Tron LE was a break out "must have", is slowly eroding my enjoyment of the hobby. The constant hype pre-release followed by the berating/slamming of a game if it doesn't appreciate by $1K immediately after release makes it difficult to just enjoy the game for the sake of the game.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

He has already said in the thread about this auction that he's not trying to sell it, but that's the price that would make it worth letting go.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Mine already has...

You don't even have one yet!

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You play so innocent...

Yep, Yep, and Yep.
Doesn't even seem like people here enjoy playing pinball. More of an investment to make a quick buck. Everytime I see a "what game do you think is better" post, some retard always has to put their 2 cents in about what game is more valuable and how much it will increase in the long run.
Lets play pinball people and stop using this hobby as a pump and dump money making scheme.

#28 10 years ago

I say it will hit 10 grand in no time!

#29 10 years ago

It will be by Christmas !

( and drop like a rock once people play it and want the next new pin )

LTG : )

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

He has already said in the thread about this auction that he's not trying to sell it, but that's the price that would make it worth letting go.

If he has a price, and he is lowering it, that means he is trying to sell it. I dont care one way or another, hell I hope it sells! Miners a keeper though..

#31 10 years ago

that's what you guys get for buying a game you havn't played. None of them should be sold at this point. What's going to happen is if the game isn't that great (usually the case) then the price will plummet after games of it are actually played. What an ass backwards way pinball sales have become the past year and a half.

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

+1000

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

If he has a price, and he is lowering it, that means he is trying to sell it. I dont care one way or another, hell I hope it sells! Miners a keeper though..

Lowered it once just to entice offers. I won't be lowering it again and my "fine u can have it price" is 12k (just an FYI). I doubt it will sell (and kind of hope it doesn't). Can't wait to un-box this bad boy and PLAYYYY!!!

#34 10 years ago

I'm perfectly okay with all these wasteful greedy people who go gambling on new titles hoping they become immensely valuable, because in the end it distracts them from buying all the good older games that the wiser pinsiders go after.

#35 10 years ago

IDGAF if they are 30k each when they ship. Here is what I think of this thread.

#36 10 years ago

This pump and dump 10k by tomorrow BS is a joke, brings out the absolute worst in pinball...

Slimshady all day long......like I said, the Automated's are raping and pillaging with the help of Stern, keeping a lot of the real fans that want one from getting one...yeah, yeah, I know, get a premium.....and you should if you like this pin, or a pro...

It's just goes to show you how dumb people can be on the purchasing end, chasing a pinball machine like Apple stock..

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

that's what you guys get for buying a game you havn't played. None of them should be sold at this point. What's going to happen is if the game isn't that great (usually the case) then the price will plummet after games of it are actually played. What an ass backwards way pinball sales have become the past year and a half.

We get it, you've repeated this mantra 5000000000000000000000000000000 times on Pinside already...

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

We get it, you've repeated this mantra 5000000000000000000000000000000 times on Pinside already...

You may have underestimated.

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

well then, that post wasn't for you then.

#40 10 years ago

Regardless of how many times Neo may have made that same point, it still stands as a very valid observation about the pinball economy. You can't help but agree every single time he says it.

3 weeks later
#41 10 years ago

The one being sold by automatedservices on ebay sold a week ago for $9495! Getting close!

#42 10 years ago

I have one paid for, but predict you will see a couple for sale in the next few months for about a $1000 discount. Just being real, that's what most pins do. So many good pins to choose from. I'm happy if a pin holds value for me.

#43 10 years ago

This is the new "flip"
The old flip was buy an older game fix the problem,wipe down with a dirty rag and sell it for twice as much.But the b/w inventory along with the classic EM and SS are drying up.So now it's the big NIB flip.Think about how many Tron NIB's got flipped.Scott

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I can't believe i missed this a couple weeks ago; great post and so true! I think everyone who really looked at this METLE situation knows exactly which distributor out west you are talking about too. I should have ordered from him, but . . . I let a local distributor talk me into buying machines from him and he pulled the exact same BS you are talking about. Actually, he got even more bold with it, he told me he was out but I was next up on his list . . . he has one on his website now for sell for 11k, so he didn't even bother using front men, just lied to me.

#45 10 years ago

it amazed me that some people go crazy over :
different decals - not better than donny
silver trims - that doesn't look that great. i think i can do the same effect with a silver pray can.
and a backglass.
oh i forgot a plate saying #??? of 500.
for what? 3k+ more... really?

people need to wake up! and stop buying from those opportunists, this is not good for pinball!

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

The one being sold by automatedservices on ebay sold a week ago for $9495! Getting close!

I think it was pulled not sold. I think right now about 9K can get you one of these but who knows. If BIBLE can fetch 12K then this is worth 9K way better art etc... Time will tell where it settles good luck to all !

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

people need to wake up! and stop buying from those opportunists, this is not good for pinball!

That is what i decided, I could have afforded the $1,800 mark up they were asking but I decided not to let them make money off me and just pass on by on the game. I'm glad I had the experience though as I know several distributors I would not do business with now.

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

I think it was pulled not sold.

It shows sold, in the sold listing for 9495.00 !

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

That is what i decided, I could have afforded the $1,800 mark up they were asking but I decided not to let them make money off me and just pass on by on the game. I'm glad I had the experience though as I know several distributors I would not do business with now.

Thats what I eventually reasoned with myself when some guy was selling a Tron LE NIB i was considering for 7K...

#50 10 years ago

Fattrain has dropped his to $12,995 now. I wonder if he will keep dropping the price?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 149.00
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,600 (OBO)
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 29.95
There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-mople-reach-10k-before-it-ships and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.