Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0209.jpg
C41CC29C-B815-485F-82C1-B190BD2A31E4 (resized).jpeg
12711DFD-4164-4F64-B35A-827660FC4020 (resized).jpeg
F68659DB-E5A4-46BC-B887-36274B6A2343 (resized).jpeg
D570B973-2F97-4371-9F33-0411C11628A2 (resized).jpeg
#1 5 years ago

I am getting ready to release Whirlwind lift ramps. All I'm missing is the flap. I have two sample ramps and they are different. The problem is with the 2 guide brackets. One has one of the brackets above the ramp and another has them both under the ramp. I believe the second configuration is correct but I'm not positive. To make matters worse one ramp has one flat and one offset bracket. The other has 2 offset brackets. I would appreciate if 6 of you would let me know how yours is setup. A picture would be OK too. TIA for helping me get this right.

#2 5 years ago

Here’s ours.

12711DFD-4164-4F64-B35A-827660FC4020 (resized).jpeg12711DFD-4164-4F64-B35A-827660FC4020 (resized).jpegC41CC29C-B815-485F-82C1-B190BD2A31E4 (resized).jpegC41CC29C-B815-485F-82C1-B190BD2A31E4 (resized).jpegD570B973-2F97-4371-9F33-0411C11628A2 (resized).jpegD570B973-2F97-4371-9F33-0411C11628A2 (resized).jpegF68659DB-E5A4-46BC-B887-36274B6A2343 (resized).jpegF68659DB-E5A4-46BC-B887-36274B6A2343 (resized).jpeg
#3 5 years ago

Thanks. What I need is hard to see in the pictures. The ramp has 4 parts not counting the plastic. A hinge, a flap and 2 guide rails. Are the guide rails both underneath the plastic?

#4 5 years ago

Hi lrosent345 On my Whirlwind both "guide rails" are underneath the plastic ramp. See attached picture and let me know if you need any more details.

Can't wait to get a replacement lift ramp! Glad I procrastinated on properly riveting the lift ramp to the newer main ramp that had been previously installed in my machine...

IMG_0209.jpgIMG_0209.jpg
#5 5 years ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

I am getting ready to release Whirlwind lift ramps. All I'm missing is the flap. I have two sample ramps and they are different. The problem is with the 2 guide brackets. One has one of the brackets above the ramp and another has them both under the ramp. I believe the second configuration is correct but I'm not positive. To make matters worse one ramp has one flat and one offset bracket. The other has 2 offset brackets. I would appreciate if 6 of you would let me know how yours is setup. A picture would be OK too. TIA for helping me get this right.

Can you post a picture of what you want to see? Is it what Mike_M last posted?

#6 5 years ago

I've had enough responses. The vast majority of responses confirmed that in almost all games both metal guides are underneath the plastic. Mike: how did you add the comment to that jpeg?

#7 5 years ago

I just added that via the built-in "Preview" app on Mac OS - Tools > Annotate > Speech Bubble.

Can you let us know when they're available on the website? Also- not sure if you'll be at TPF but if so will they be available there?

#8 5 years ago

I'll be at TPF and hopefully they will br done before that.

#9 5 years ago

I would be interested in purchasing this, please let me know when hey are available for sale.
cheers
Trevor

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

Hi lrosent345 On my Whirlwind both "guide rails" are underneath the plastic ramp. See attached picture and let me know if you need any more details.
Can't wait to get a replacement lift ramp! Glad I procrastinated on properly riveting the lift ramp to the newer main ramp that had been previously installed in my machine...[quoted image]

Doesn't the ball hop around when it hits those raised screw heads?

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Doesn't the ball hop around when it hits those raised screw heads?

Yep. It was that way when I got it. Fixing that was on my to-do list but I'm glad I waited, since now I can replace the lift ramp at the same time.

#12 5 years ago

The rivets are close enough to the edge that the ball misses them.

1 month later
#13 5 years ago

I regret to tell you that the Whirlwind lift ramps that have been sold will not fit all games. The metal bending company made a mistake and I didn't catch it. They are remaking the faulty part. I don't know how long that will take them. If any of you have bought one, please send an email to [email protected] so I can send you a replacement when they are ready.

#14 5 years ago

Can you buy just the flap part with the hinge or do you need to buy the whole ramp? I just need the flap with the hinge attached...

#15 5 years ago

I'm not sure what you mean by the flap with the hinge attached. The hinge doesn't attach to the flap. If you're asking to buy the hinge and flap, I can do that but those 2 parts make up more than 90% of the cost.

#16 5 years ago

I am sorry to hear that the first batch wasn’t right, Larry. I’m glad to hear that you are sticking with the project.

You’re an asset to the pinball community.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

I'm not sure what you mean by the flap with the hinge attached. The hinge doesn't attach to the flap. If you're asking to buy the hinge and flap, I can do that but those 2 parts make up more than 90% of the cost.

I'll shoot you a PM, thanks!

2 weeks later
#18 5 years ago

The problem with the WW lift ramp has been fixed. If you received a bad one and sent me an email you don't need to do anything more. We will send you a new one without the hinge. You need a 1/8" socket wrench to transfer the hinge to the new ramp.

1 year later
#19 3 years ago

Do you still have this assembly?
@irosent345

1 month later
#21 3 years ago

This assembly includes the hinge as well, correct?

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from simplykind:

This assembly includes the hinge as well, correct?

yes

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whirlwind-lift-ramp-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.