(Topic ID: 22185)

Which machine would you choose?

By baltistyle

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

I currently have a jd and an ft both in very good condition. I have an opportunity at a Jurassic park for what would basically be an even trade on either of these machines. Which would you choose to let go or would you forego the jp?

Jd has modded deadworld
    Ft has newplastics, no-very little fade

Both have toppers. Working 110 percent and very little wear.

I'm not looking for offers or solicitation, just advice besides the Bally Williams argument.

What's your pick? and thanks!

#2 11 years ago

Keep ft and trade jd. I think it harder to find a nice ft then a jd

#3 11 years ago

I'm not a huge FT fan- ditch that for JP ... but try to get a couple hundred bucks, too

#4 11 years ago

I would keep what you have.

My major beef with JP is the poor sound/music quality. One of my favorite parts of the original Jurassic Park movie is the wonderfully majestic John Williams score. It's sooooo cheesy hearing it in the crummy 8-bit form on the machine. Also can't stand the "disco music" that they have playing half the time either.

Later,
    EV

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from tonymiddendorf:

I'm not a huge FT fan- ditch that for JP ... but try to get a couple hundred bucks, too

+1

#6 11 years ago

I would keep both your games especially FT if there is very little fade too.

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from baltistyle:

Working 110 percent

I would work on your math.

However, since this is an opinion post, I will say FT > JD > JP so, unless you're bored with your titles, I would stay where you are.

I was the king of never being satisfied with my current line up last year and drove myself nuts in my search....

#8 11 years ago

I'd hate to see you lose the FT, especially if it has little to no fade, but then if you're bored of it, you're bored of it. Also, if your FT has little to no insert wear, that's even more reason I'd keep it. Therfore, I'd send along JD before a nice FT because I think you could find a nice JD easier in the future.

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

I was the king of never being satisfied with my current line up last year and drove myself nuts in my search....

It was a tight race between you and coasterguy!

#10 11 years ago

I would keep a FT thats in good shape and dump the JD. I just picked up a JP this week. While it is fun its not the deepist game, but if you have a few other machines at home I highly recomend picking it up.

#11 11 years ago

FT has decals available, so you can make cabinet look great either way. Not sure how the JD cab looks, but no decals available anywhere. IMO I think FT is worth slightly more than JD so if I was going to trade 1 it would probably be JD. Also with both having toppers, JP better be in great shape w/ topper as well.

#12 11 years ago

just buy the jp lol

#13 11 years ago

Thanks and keep them coming. I'm not bored with either and there is very little insert wear on the ft. One of my pinball friends is begging for another machine so I figured I would ask some people that have more playtime than me. I listed jp as an option because is local, affordable and in the same price range. I figure I have the better games already. Jd is very underrated and I (and every person that has ever played mine) loves the supergame option. When its clean it is very fast. Ft s fast and the shaker action of the topper is a bonus. It's not like a real shaker, but it does move the game a bit.

Since I have not played jp I don't know if it is even worth considering.

Thanks again

#14 11 years ago

JP is definitely worth considering. FT is harder to find, but I couldn't get into it. Different game with habit-trails galore and some cool/unique toys. Not a bad pin - just one I couldn't "click with" last I played it. Would love to try it again.

Any game with Sly Stallone just seems to be easy to find; however, JD is supposed to be quite a sleeper pin. Can't give an opinion as I haven't played it.

JP is shallow (not as bad as Batman/Back to the Future/TMNT) but fun. It is a pin all your friends can rally around and enjoy. Trex nomming on the pinball is ALWAYS a crowd pleasure, and it has possibly one of the top 5 best integrated use of a shaker motor ever. Translite art is awesome - playfield art could use some help.

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

Any game with Sly Stallone just seems to be easy to find; however, JD is supposed to be quite a sleeper pin. Can't give an opinion as I haven't played it.

That's DM...JD doesn't have anything to do with Stallone. This is a common mistake that actually kept me from any interest in JD for years and years.

I would take a JD over a JP. Don't know much aboot JD but there's just a ton of stuff in it...a ton.
    I like JP a lot, but that would be the loser here. FT is a classic for me.

#16 11 years ago

JD is not based off the movie with Stallone it is based off the comic. To me that helps the game since the movie sucked so much. Also JD has some great artwork. But like others have said JP is always a crowd pleaser with non pinheads, wifes, etc.

#17 11 years ago

i would let go jd

#18 11 years ago

Man, that was my total bad. I remember JD in the comics from way back in the day too - early 90s when I was in 7th-8th grade.

Good call guys, my mistake

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

I would work on your math.
    However, since this is an opinion post, I will say FT > JD > JP so, unless you're bored with your titles, I would stay where you are.

What he said

But, I know how hard it is to have a small lineup. I was stuck at 3 pins for years and was starting to get really tired of them. Luckily, I saw the light and started buying more. Now I have variety and I still love my original 3 pins. I think you need to fully embrace pinball polygamy

#20 11 years ago

Get rid of JD and get JP.

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from baltistyle:

I currently have a jd and an ft both in very good condition. I have an opportunity at a Jurassic Park for what would basically be an even trade on either of these machines. Which would you choose to let go or would you forego the jp?
    Jd has modded deadworld
    Ft has newplastics, no-very little fade
    Both have toppers. Working 110 percent and very little wear.
    I'm not looking for offers or solicitation, just advice besides the Bally Williams argument.
    What's your pick? and thanks!

I wouldn't trade FT or JD for JP.

#22 11 years ago

Both JD and FT are worth more than JP. I wouldn't trade. The other guy is getting the much better deal if you trade. JD and FT are better games too.

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

JP is definitely worth considering.... however, JD is supposed to be quite a sleeper pin. Can't give an opinion as I haven't played it.

I suspect a lot of people who think JD is the worst pin of the lot haven't played it much. It's an amazing game. It has the best flow in all of pinball. The animation and humor is great; the theme is good; the gameplay is top notch and it's a very challenging game to get very far into.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-machine-would-you-choose and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.