Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Nibbles
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

Gotta love it.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#2 11 years ago

Shouldn't those lights be more over the hole they shine through ? Mounted on the right side in this picture would have worked better.

LTG : )

#3 11 years ago

Hard to see, but looks like blue wire is on green and green on blue??

#4 11 years ago

Rlerman.....BINGO! It makes for a funky attract mode, I can tell you that.

#5 11 years ago

It would have been a lot easier to spot if I wasn't color blind. A cop gave me a ticket once for crashing a blue light.

#6 11 years ago

I'm going to frame this thread as I got it after LTG posted!!

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

I'm going to frame this thread as I got it after LTG posted!!

You got it right too, I didn't.

LTG : )

#8 11 years ago

Obviously thats on your AC/DC Premium.

What effect did it have on attract mode?
    Would it always be the opposite color of all the other lights or did it make all of them trip out entirely?

P.S. Is this from the February 2013 run?

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

Obviously thats on your AC/DC Premium.
    What effect did it have on attract mode?
    Would it always be the opposite color of all the other lights or did it make all of them trip out entirely?
    P.S. Is this from the February 2013 run?

Basically, when the right eye and mouth call for green, it's blue, and vice versa (this bulb is the left eye). It was pretty obvious in attract mode, not so much during normal gameplay except for the few times they would flash a color other than red. This game is from the latest run.

#10 11 years ago

Thanks for the confirmation. And yes, I figured it was from the latest run.

Stern QA definitely does have some issues.

Another fine example of this was the XMen LE I just picked up from a fellow pinsider. He never messed with anything under the playfield before he gave it to me and he was the original owner. He simply unboxed it, played it for a few months, then sold it. When I got it, since it was my 2nd XM, I immediately noticed a few unusual things...

- I couldn't figure out why I had some weird ball lock and opto issues.
    (turns out they reversed the wires going to the mini opto boards underneath. Easy fix but still, there's a red status light that comes on when you plug them in right and it wasn't on. Not rocket science)

But HERE's the real kicker....
    - My right pop bumper looked a little "weird" and I noticed it wasn't firing properly like the rest of them. Flip up the playfield and BAM! I could have seen it a mile away. The pop bumper assembly was actually assembled with bolts tightened COMPLETELY WRONG. The spring was popping out sideways and one of the two plates you hook together was just "zip tied" next to it (not even hooked up at all).

After yanking the whole pop bumper and building it correctly, everything works perfect!

Nerve racking none-the-less.

#11 11 years ago

might have been what helped get it into your hands. Fattrain you could line up some work as Stern QC....have them pay you in LE's

#12 11 years ago

OMG, not more of this.

Quoted from fattrain:

Stern QA definitely does have some issues.

Another fine example of this was the XMen LE I just picked up from a fellow pinsider. He never messed with anything under the playfield before he gave it to me and he was the original owner. He simply unboxed it, played it for a few months, then sold it. When I got it, since it was my 2nd XM, I immediately noticed a few unusual things...

- I couldn't figure out why I had some weird ball lock and opto issues.
    (turns out they reversed the wires going to the mini opto boards underneath. Easy fix but still, there's a red status light that comes on when you plug them in right and it wasn't on. Not rocket science)

But HERE's the real kicker....
    - My right pop bumper looked a little "weird" and I noticed it wasn't firing properly like the rest of them. Flip up the playfield and BAM! I could have seen it a mile away. The pop bumper assembly was actually assembled with bolts tightened COMPLETELY WRONG. The spring was popping out sideways and one of the two plates you hook together was just "zip tied" next to it (not even hooked up at all).

After yanking the whole pop bumper and building it correctly, everything works perfect!

Nerve racking none-the-less.

#13 11 years ago

Easy fix

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-wrong-with-this-picture-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.