Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by MK6PIN
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

I currently own a TZ and TAF that I have done alot of work on, and am completely addicted. I live in Western NC, so not much opportunity to check out alot of other machines. I have room (and semi-permission from my Wife) for a third and final piece for my Pinball Trilogy. Looking for a game that plays completely different than what I have, and would be the best "fit" with the other 2. TAF I can truly relax and enjoy, while TZ tends to make me frantic but very addictive.
    Can I get suggestions from those of you with vast experience on these and other games on which machine you would go for? Thank you, and truly value your opinions....a pretty cool site....thanks...mark

#2 11 years ago

Not sure how you can get something completely different yet be the best fit. Try a game known to be fast and flowy. Go to some of the places on the Pinside map near you and play as many pins as you can. Maybe something will tickle your fancy.

#3 11 years ago

There's an RS available in FL (on the village) for less than $2K. RS would be different and yet still fit.

Chris

#4 11 years ago

Something different from them would be No Fear, Johnny Mnemonic, Judge Dredd.......

#5 11 years ago

Switch it up a bit get a speed or flow pin like JM, SM, or maybe even a LOTR. Whirlwind would also be a great change up.

Post edited by The_Dude_Abides : Had to add in Whirlwind after seeing it mentioned below great pin!

#6 11 years ago

I guess "best fit" would mean a Game of similiar caliber, but the "fast and flowing" is what I was thinking about...Spiderman Black?

#7 11 years ago

Save the cash get regular SM gameplay is identical and get a second pin with the savings.

#8 11 years ago

IM, T2, AC/DC

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

spiderman Black?

SM is good, as well as AC/DC. But if you're considering SM black, you better be ready to shell out a few grand extra for the black edition. And unless that's what you really want, I don't see the reason too.

#10 11 years ago

whirlwind. I'd get something older

#11 11 years ago

Go old school and get an EM.

Or Eight Ball Deluxe, the best game of the 80's.

#12 11 years ago

RS seems interesting,,,,thanks for spidey advice, not a fan of LOTR for some reason.....never played a JM....I've played Simpsons Party a few times..kind of cool but not really there for me.....leaning SM or something like it

#13 11 years ago

I would probably go with either beam stokers dracula or if you want newer acdc, they are both really fast and awesome games. I have bsd and would like to add acdc but would have to give something up to do it.

#14 11 years ago

I'll probably get razzed...but can a KISS machine even live in the same room? used to love the live shows, and the Translite is cool, but play pretty boring....only played one twice....

#15 11 years ago

If you want to go old school and have some flow, get a Taxi....

Chris

#16 11 years ago

heard killer things about Dracula...is it crazy expensive?

#17 11 years ago

Not compared to TAF and TZ though it is rising in price.

#18 11 years ago

Im thinking WH2O. Its challenging but always leaves me with smile.

#19 11 years ago

Get you some Steve Ritchie goodness to compliment the Lawlor. Spider-Man or ACDC are new and have a different feel from BW games, but are really fun.

My TZ sits next to my STTNG but it was made from the same era. If you want to go for something really different go more modern.

#20 11 years ago
    Quoted from yoyoma:

Eight Ball Deluxe, the best game of the 80's.

A great pin and world's apart from what he currently has.

#21 11 years ago

the STTNG has the color DMD option available now too....love it on my TAF.....I'm looking for a keeper, does the STTNG have it?

#22 11 years ago

TFTC, RBION, AFM tons of games that are different CV ?? =)

#23 11 years ago

STTNG if you wanna stay with a Bally/Williams pin. SM or ACDC if you want a newer Stern.

#24 11 years ago

i agree with ac dc.
    lotr is a good idea also.
    afm.

#25 11 years ago

I would move in LOTR. Epic pin, good flow, and still very reasonably priced IMO.

#26 11 years ago

or save my $$$ fom MM, or CC?

#27 11 years ago

AFM, different & fun!

#28 11 years ago

Isn't SM Black the same game but with stupid black strokes around the backglass objects that took someone 12 seconds to enable in Photoshop?

Seriously. It's Layer Effects -> Add Stroke. Back then the default was red, so probably took a few seconds to click Black. But then you can copy paste for all layers.

#29 11 years ago

You want something completely different...... Popeye.

#30 11 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Isn't SM Black the same game but with stupid black strokes around the backglass objects that took someone 12 seconds to enable in Photoshop?
    Seriously. It's Layer Effects -> Add Stroke. Back then the default was red, so probably took a few seconds to click Black. But then you can copy paste for all layers.

Ben, "your bad".

#31 11 years ago

I have the same 2 pins and hopefully my third will be CV.

#32 11 years ago
    Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Yes, Popeye has better flow!

#33 11 years ago
    Quoted from Max_Badazz:

shaq attaq could be unique

#34 11 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

the STTNG has the color DMD option available now too....love it on my TAF.....I'm looking for a keeper, does the STTNG have it?

STTNG rocks IMHO. If you like the theme at all you will absolutely LOVE the pin......and even if you don't love the theme it's still a great playing pin and it would play very differently than TAF or TZ.

I would certainly say it's "of the same caliber".

#35 11 years ago

ACDC would fit right in. Awesome trifecta there.

#36 11 years ago

OK STTNG or SM? going to try and find these close by and play both..what's the oPINion?

#37 11 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

OK STTNG or SM? going to try and find these close by and play both..what's the oPINion?

SM but both are very fun pins so its a win either way you go. SM would be the biggest change of pace of the two from your other pins IMO. Play any game you are looking to add if at all possible just because many of the 3 to 4 hundred pinheads on Pinside like it does not mean you will.

#38 11 years ago

It really depends on your budget on what you can get but there are many great pins in the 1500-3000 range but if money is not an issue based on your other 2 pins being more expensive ones, then get an MM or a new AC/DC. I played one game of AC/DC and its impressive.

#39 11 years ago

thanks for all the input...I'm heading to Orlando in May for a Family event...hopefully, an arcade or 2 around there that I can play some of these machines at....Asheville pretty limited....

#40 11 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Save the cash get regular SM gameplay is identical and get a second pin with the savings.

The Red looks better any way to me just add a Shaker,sub woofer and some Leds and you have the best game ever!!

#41 11 years ago

You really need to check out Popeye or Gilligans Island, goes with your TV/movie themes. Good luck!

#42 11 years ago

How about a Funhouse?

#43 11 years ago

The Red SM w/ mods sounds/looks like a major candidate...gotta find one to play....

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-would-your-third-machine-be and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.