(Topic ID: 52524)

What would you like stern to make next if you we're to decide the theme on it?

By Monarca1091

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 130 posts
  • 80 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by jfh
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

201128105475L.jpg
    BlueGreen_lg.gif
    sludgetarpon_l.jpg
    kangaroo_lg.gif
    sawfish_lg.gif
    crook_eric_holder.jpg
    th-11.jpeg
    Matrix.jpg
    poe.jpg
    There are 130 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 10 years ago

Nightmare before Christmas, and iron maiden. As for original themes, I would love to see a haunted house, where you enter in the bottom door and the ball pops out onto a ramp out the top window, and maybe a levitating(possessed) ball between two magnets that you could knock out.

#102 10 years ago

Want to bring younger people back into pinball and keep the hobby going stronger? Then utilize the themes that they will go for, as in " Halo."

#103 10 years ago

Grand Theft Auto would be good too. Put me down for the Vice City and San Andreas LE!!!

#104 10 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

Grand Theft Auto would be good too. Put me down for the Vice City and San Andreas LE!!!

No Kwiki, I like where you were going with Oprah, could be a split LE Obama/Oprah.

#105 10 years ago

Castlevania! Then Iron Maiden or Motörhead of Monsters of Rock! Or Ninga Gaiden. NHL hockey Pin or orginal theme.

#106 10 years ago

A new World Cup would be cool too....

#107 10 years ago

Im in for Nightmare before Christmas!

#108 10 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

I'd like to see a 'pinball warriors' RPG themed game.
    - Player gets to select between a warrior, wizard, or ranger, maybe even thief too?
    - during gameplay, as players complete quests and/or achievements they can select new weapons or armor. Weapons could consist of adding 50k to ramp shots or loops; or elite weapons that add 10k to all targets.
    -special armor items like a shield could be acquired that'll light one of the outlanes for a ball saver. Or get the elite chain mail armor that allows for a 5 second ball saver when both flippers are held for 2 secs?
    -there could be a display with your character that shows his a profile picture as you add weapons/armors
    -you could also gain talents during your adventure such as super ramps; or select your mystery award instead of it being a mystery
    -thief classes could even acquire lock picking which allows them easier access to ball locks or opening certain aspects of the game.
    Tons of possibilities in a truly first ever RPG pinball

To add on to this idea; possibly setting players up with their own profile characters. have achievements set up for each persons profile; similar to ipad games. For example; 50 Million achievement (awards a trinket of some sort). Another achievement could be get 500 combos total (not in one game) - awards a weapon of choice. etc...

EDIT: you could have literally a hundred achievements. Scoring achievements could award XP which is used to upgrade your profile character. Scoring may get imbalanced as a higher profile character would get more points than a non one. But thats how all games are these days; the more you play the more your rewarded. And, tourney mode would obviously cancel that out.

#109 10 years ago

Monsters,Zombies and of course Beer Pong!!!

#110 10 years ago

Seuss?

sawfish_lg.gifsawfish_lg.gif kangaroo_lg.gifkangaroo_lg.gif sludgetarpon_l.jpgsludgetarpon_l.jpg BlueGreen_lg.gifBlueGreen_lg.gif 201128105475L.jpg201128105475L.jpg

#111 10 years ago
    Quoted from Monarca1091:

I was wondering what ideas do you have if stern would let you decide the next stern pinball theme?
    I think a fast and furious pin would be amazing ! Or how about a pixars cars theme ! What would you theme it of ?
    Post edited by Monarca1091 : Word error

Zombie based, The Walking Dead or World War Z.

#112 10 years ago

I think JAWS would be good. You could have girls in bikinis on the LCD screen being chased by sharks. Then put ramps on the machine so that the ball actually is dropped right at the flipper which means you can watch the LCD longer and still have a decent game. You then could put compression springs on the legs between the leg levelers and the legs so the machine would rock back and forth as if you were in a boat.

#113 10 years ago

Yes. Jaws would be great. Based on the original only though, for the love of Christ!

#114 10 years ago

Iron maiden
    Or

Dukes of Hazzard

#115 10 years ago

The Munsters.

#116 10 years ago

Beavis and Butthead

#117 10 years ago

What ever it is I would like to see the entire BG done with the theme of the game and about 30 veriations on a OLED screen and they would play at random.

#118 10 years ago

Jaws would be cool , like the boat that you hit in pirates of the caribbean rocking back and forward every time the shark hits it and then sink it , then once you sink it , you start eating people by hitting the targets or ramp shots .....sweeeeet , I could imagine it now and I want one ....lol

3 weeks later
    #119 10 years ago

I'm doing a custom wreck it Ralph pin for my son ........

#120 10 years ago

I know it won't happen but if it were up to me, whatever theme either company went with, hope they could think out of the box, no bands, no movies, no TV show. There are so few themes from media that can be considered "timeless" and IMO, they've already hit all of them. Would rather see a the couple hundred bucks they have to pay to some estate go into the toys and tricks or some new effect. Of course if they wanted to do a Rat Fink pin and pay Roth's estate a few bucks I might change my mind.

#121 10 years ago

horror Theming!! Zombies,monsters!

#122 10 years ago

Beavis and Butthead

BeetleJuice

BeetleJuice

BeetleJuice

#123 10 years ago

Political bloopers! Could poke fun at the last 3 administrations. Current for pro, bush and Clinton for premiums. There are fun things to pick on all of them :-p

#124 10 years ago

Their Batman pin should have been based on the Animated Series.

That would have been awesome!

1 month later
    #125 10 years ago

Fast and the furious , or resident evil .....

#126 10 years ago

Game of Thrones

/thread

#127 10 years ago

The Fifth Element, original Tron, Goodfellas, Blade Runner.

#128 10 years ago

Original unlicensed pin would have to be Sturgis Rally. Endless possibilities, endless scenic sites (Mount Rushmore, Needles Highway, Badlands, Devils Tower, etc) lots of hot chicks with surgically enhanced body parts, and of course motorcycles.

1 month later
    #129 10 years ago

A Goodfellas, The Godfather , or a Scarface will be epic , I'm thinking it will be in the top 10 right away ....

#130 10 years ago

A Coca Cola themed pin would end up in a lot of game rooms.

No ideas on what you would have for game play though.

There are 130 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-would-you-like-stern-to-make-next-if-you-were-to-decide-the-theme-on-it/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.