(Topic ID: 28446)

What are the top 10 games with the best 1-2 ramp shots?

By Jackontherocks

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 11 years ago

I seem to like fast paced games and enjoy hitting the ramp shots when I play pinball. I like going left flipper right ramp and then getting it back to right flipper left ramp. A quick few that come to mind are GNR, SS, TFTC, CC, MB & MM. Let me know your thoughts and maybe it will change my mind on the game I want.

#2 11 years ago

AFM is the best combo game for me.
    but this layout is very common on pins.. seems somebody made one and all the guys copied after.. like George Gomez.

#3 11 years ago
    Quoted from hassanchop:

AFM is the best combo game for me.but this layout is very common on pins.. seems somebody made one and all the guys copied after.. like George Gomez.

As far combo games I like SM the best.

#4 11 years ago

Johnny Mnemonic rocks, can be tough.

ACDC has an easy couple of ramps, still fun.

Fish Tales boat ramps sound right up your alley as well!

Quoted from hassanchop:AFM is the best combo game for me.
    but this layout is very common on pins.. seems somebody made one and all the guys copied after.. like George Gomez.

JM (Gomez) came before AFM

#6 11 years ago

Dr. Who is an underrated ramp combo game.

#7 11 years ago

not top 10 but if you like ramps, maybe games like Terminator 2 and Terminator 3?

#8 11 years ago

T2, Taxi, Fish Tales, T3

Chris

#9 11 years ago

Shadow hands down. Game does have a 7 way combo but if we are just talking ramp shots its a 1 2 3 4 punch. Diverters really help with that fun fast flow.

Start with the left ramp diverter set to feed right flipper. Right ramp is set to feed left flipper. Shoot left ramp with right flipper as ball is fed to right flipper hit upper left flipper button for right ramp diverter. Hit left ramp again with right flipper. As ball is fed to left flipper hit upper left flipper diverter button. Shoot right ramp with left flipper. As ball is fed to left flipper again hit upper right flipper diverter button. Shoot right ramp again. And hit right ramp diverter flipper button again.

If you do that you start vengeance where you have to hit all 4 ramps shots. Ball is being fed down to right flipper as it starts and you should be set up to repeat and can hit all 4 shots for vengeance. If you score that repeat and score super vengeance! Talk about a smooth fast paced rush!

#11 11 years ago

TRON AND DEMO MAN WERE NOT YET MENTIONED?

DEMO MAN GIVES YOU A RUSH IF YOU CAN NAIL ALL 3 RAMPS

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from RawleyD:

JM (Gomez) came before AFM

hmm..... now this is something that i would love to know..
    so who "invented" the right ramp - right flipper - left ramp - left flipper combo? do you know witch was the first machine with this?

#13 11 years ago

Whitewater, you need to be on your game to hit the falls ramp and then the upper pf ramp your amiming at. Great flow, big foot is awesome

#14 11 years ago

T2 & T3

#15 11 years ago

I'll throw out another vote for Shadow. Nailing the ramp shots back and forth while working the diverters is an awesome feeling, and totally unique. JM has an amazing feel to it also (probably due to the shallow / easy to hit ramps) but I don't think the game holds up long-term once you learn the "why do anything else" spinner exploit. Sadly it pretty much ruins the game.

#17 11 years ago

Shadow is king here. With the diverters you get to chose which flipper it goes to. Combo's and Vengeance mode are great.

#18 11 years ago

Kill the Witch King! (my vote for LOTR)

#19 11 years ago

Fish Tales and Congo

#20 11 years ago

Fish tales
    ACDC
    Transformers

#22 11 years ago

Acdc, SM, IM, SST, MM, SS, TOM, IJ

#23 11 years ago

Basically anything Mark Ritchie designs. I like his designs a lot, and he seems to utilize the ramps quite a bit in succession.... FT, Taxi, IJ come to mind...

#24 11 years ago

TOTAN -- 1 ramp shot with three possibilities using a diverter and a magnet (right swirl ramp, left ramp and fireball wireform ramp bringing it back to the right inlane).

#25 11 years ago

Why do ppl keep saying SM? That has 3 ramps.

#26 11 years ago

He isn't asking for games with only two ramps. He wants games which have great left-right ramp combos.

Quoted from RTR:

Kill the Witch King! (my vote for LOTR)

Isn't that an orbit ramp combo?

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

Why do ppl keep saying SM? That has 3 ramps.

I believe the OP is referring to the smoothest 2 ramp combo not strictly 2 ramp only pins. Ha, beat to it by SealClubber damn your fast.

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

He isn't asking for games with only two ramps. He wants games which have great left-right ramp combos.

Isn't that an orbit ramp combo?

Gotcha. Thx for clarification.

As for kill the witchking. Factory is left ramp right ramp. Extra hard is right orbit - right ramp.

#29 11 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

Gotcha. Thx for clarification.
    As for kill the witchking. Factory is left ramp right ramp. Extra hard is right orbit - right ramp.

Factory you can do either. At least you could on the next to last code rev...

#30 11 years ago
    #31 11 years ago

Kill the witch king - my setting is left ramp, right ramp.

I bought mine NIB (2005 i think) and have never updated the software.

#32 11 years ago

Flintstones has two ramps and an interesting ball return diverter for each ramp that could lead to interesting left ramp/right ramp combinations.

#33 11 years ago

The Getaway HSII

#34 11 years ago

I like TMNT's ramps too. I also actually prefer powder coated wire ramps to stainless/plain. They are actually pretty fun and satisfying to hit. My least favorite ramps are on Jurassic Park.

#35 11 years ago

IJ - I like nailing the left/right ramps in succession. It is super-satisfying if you can hold the sequence together long enough, and finish it off with the center shot for Hurry Up - triggering the crashing fighter plane animation and sound = AWESOME!

#36 11 years ago

Anything designed by Mark Ritchie.

#37 11 years ago

Hey,

I'll put one in for The Shadow as well...

Luke

#38 11 years ago

T2 and Taxi get my vote as well

#39 11 years ago

Transformers/Monster Bash/Johnny M.....all Gomez designs and all have great ramp combos.

#40 11 years ago

If you are really looking to just pound some ramps, I don't think you can do much better then Fish Tales.

#41 11 years ago
    Quoted from hassanchop:

hmm..... now this is something that i would love to know..so who "invented" the right ramp - right flipper - left ramp - left flipper combo? do you know witch was the first machine with this?

good question. I have no idea,
    My guess would be Mark Ritchie's Taxi?

I was going to say S. Ritchie with Terminator 2, but obviously Taxi was built before that. hmmm

EDIT: I would like to add that Doctor Who has the best NON-Left/Right ramp combo.

The W-H-O Sonic Boom round is the coolest combo ever created!

#42 11 years ago
    Quoted from hank527:

DEMO MAN GIVES YOU A RUSH IF YOU CAN NAIL ALL 3 RAMPS

I have to say DM is all about combos and ramps. Keep away from the car crash and the ball moves from ramp to ramp fast.

#43 11 years ago

Shadow and T3

#44 11 years ago
    Quoted from hank527:

Word. Tron gets my vote.

2 weeks later
    #45 11 years ago

Have not played a Tron yet and yes DM is a great ramp combo game based on my memory last time playing it.

#46 11 years ago

I love the TZ Left, Right, Piano combo... For me as simple as it is, its very satisfying.

#47 11 years ago
    Quoted from RawleyD:

+1 for Fish Tales

#48 11 years ago

Fish tales, Johnny mnemonic, afm, medieval, monster bash, spiderman, t2, acdc, t3, transformers.

#49 11 years ago

JM, IM,

and i cant belive nobody mentioned Goldeneye...3 ramps, and you can feed them all, not to mention they are lightning fast !

Sopranos is another fast left, right ramp game, shots are tight and hard but super satisfying ..

#50 11 years ago

T2 is the best of the afforables priced pins.

Tron is the best of the premiums.

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-are-the-top-10-games-with-the-best-1-2-ramp-shots and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.