Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 61 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by BigB
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    IMAG0292.jpg
    IMG_3960.JPG
    IMG_3956.jpg
    images.jpeg
    image.jpg
    2740_lg.jpg
    WAX.jpg
    NOVUS-2.jpg
    NOVUS-3.jpg
    SCRATCHES.jpg
    There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 10 years ago

I saw that pinballlife has a 2 oz container of blitz wax(allegedly enough for 25 playfields) for eight bucks, I'm going to order some and try it out.

#52 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinBilly:

I saw that pinballlife has a 2 oz container of blitz wax(allegedly enough for 25 playfields) for eight bucks, I'm going to order some and try it out.

It's great, I bought one jar and when it ran out bought another. It won't do 25 playfields though. I double wax mine and I think I did 6 or 7 machines with it.

#53 10 years ago

The wax I use on my playfields after using either Novus (on my Sterns) or Wildcat #125 (Recommended by Bally and MrBally for EM's and early SS machines) is the one on the left in the foreground. IMAG0292.jpgIMAG0292.jpg

Post edited by MrBally : classified

#54 10 years ago

I ended up using Novus 2 first and then went over it with the meguiars gold class carnauba plus. I'm happy with it, it has a good shine to it. You can see the reflection of the rails on the play field in the pictures.

#55 10 years ago

Sorry for the double post I was trying to upload some pics but can not get it to work.. image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#56 10 years ago
    Quoted from SKILL_SHOT:

I was just asking about what they used for bowling alleys I guess i should have asked uncle google. I dont use it and I think its heated wax not oil...
    How about using Z-MAX on your balls? it has lincite that absorbs into metal
    http://www.zmax.com/

sigh... no, they do not use "heated wax", they use "oil".. modern bowling alleys are not waxed, they are "oiled" with lane conditioner... the stuff that is commonly referred to as "bowling alley wax" is not used on bowling alleys...

search harder next time...

#57 10 years ago

A friend of mine uses pledge on his playfields, which I thought was sort of weird when he told me. Bad idea?

#58 10 years ago

so its oil mmm k. nothing on the Z-MAX? its got Linckite what metal craves

#59 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinFan4Life:

A friend of mine uses pledge on his playfields, which I thought was sort of weird when he told me. Bad idea?

I would not do that. I believe I read it can cause yellowing over time.

#60 10 years ago

UV RAYS affecting the initial varnish. Might not be good on mylar or old paint, there have been advances in paint technology over the years. Might be ok for some but not others....chemically.

2 months later
    #61 10 years ago

On newer playfields I just clean with Novus 1 and apply two coats of Blitz Wax that I get from PBL. That $8 jar waxes about 7-10 machines depending on how much of the playfield you are covering and how thick you are applying it. Buff it out and it will shine like a new penny and be lightening fast!!

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wax-question/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.