Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by CrazyLevi
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3393A957-FE6F-40EF-BB6B-2B83883E8760 (resized).jpeg
    DA09E0F5-EA3E-4935-A4EC-C9AEA7811554.gif
    7ff330990a7ef4cc8546d588b9703dc1 (resized).jpg
    ED939FDB-374D-4387-90B8-6C1FC90CE26B.gif
    CEA49C87-AF1E-4B09-A44E-6581F0662F92.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pickle.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#3 2 years ago

Yeah…at $25K if I am selling I would be happy to give a serious buyer my address and say cash on the glass, come on by. If a local deal can’t be done I would use a broker service for that amount of money to protect everyone. And addresses have to be exchanged if you have to ship it so not sure why the guy wouldn’t give an address…run away from that shit.

#33 2 years ago
    Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

Maybe if the dude had a reference. You sound pretty bold with your bullshit but not unexpected since it’s not your game.

If I am not local and paying that kind of money for a game and need to get a shipping quote I need an address….I would do that before asking for banking info/SSN or even verifying your name. Also note I said to use a broker as it protects everyone. Plenty of ways to be scammed as a seller and a buyer as we all have heard the stories. I am not spouting any BS….just saying an address is not a ridiculous request and he “claims” you did not give it….don’t know if that is true or not…but you gave him payment info but no address? I am not spouting any BS… just being the voice of reason for purchasing a high priced item. At 25K I am bringing the money in person…worth a trip or flight to inspect and meet in person but that’s what I would do. If that’s not possible then a broker protects everyone.

Agree the OP is ridiculous to post on here about it. Taking a loan out for a game is dumb as well. There are always 2 sides to a story so glad you cleared the air. On a high end collectible I expect any buyer to have a few questions but you either know what the item/condition is and want it or you don’t. Some deals just aren’t meant to be and sometimes that’s for the best. You will have no problem getting the game to a good home.

#34 2 years ago

Thanks buddy. We will find out soon. Good news is that doctors aren’t worried in both cases.
    Be safe be well.

Good news from the docs is always good!

#37 2 years ago

I really don’t like to be a jerk/asshole or rude to anyone but that’s the NJ in me. I really didn’t feel good about the way it went down but to be honest I was concerned and I thought I had a right to be.
    He told me he has a business of breeding dogs. I even tried to see if there were any positive reviews/references about that but I found zero. I hope he finds a nice local game but doing a 25000 deal like this for unobtainium parts including a nos true Tron le playfiled, laser cut chrome lit rails and hinges and the only real “LE” that doesn’t have a premium equivalent pin just wasn’t going to happen.

Given all the extras he won’t find that local for sure. Long distance transactions can be a pain and sometimes are not worth the hassle. Don’t sweat it…this just a typical day in the hobby….someone always has to stir the pot.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pickle.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/watch-out-for-scammers-1?tu=pickle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.