(Topic ID: 26748)

Video of X-Men with 6" Iceman Mod w/flasher & others, a must have mod for X-Men

By HemiOrange09

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2012-10-05_13-14-05_649.jpg
    2012-10-05_13-15-31_111.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

Hey Everyone,

I thought I would share a video of my X-Men with a 6" Iceman Mod with GI lighting and flasher. I also added a Beast figure and flashers at the Black Bird out scoop and under the big "X" in the middle of the playfield. I have a few more places that I am going to add some more flashers to increase the light show on this machine.... So more to come.

Here is the video in 720HD.... Steve

#2 11 years ago

yeah buddy.. thats pretty cool

#3 11 years ago

wow, nicely done on the iceman mod, looks awesome

#4 11 years ago

Yeah the Beast and Iceman mods are great!

#5 11 years ago

Thanks here are a couple pictures also....

2012-10-05_13-15-31_111.jpg2012-10-05_13-15-31_111.jpg 2012-10-05_13-14-05_649.jpg2012-10-05_13-14-05_649.jpg

#6 11 years ago

Super cool!! Where did you get those??

#7 11 years ago

The figures I purchased on ebay, and the lighting mods I made for them up for my machine. For my next project I am going to work on Storm's lighting.

#8 11 years ago

Iceman is cool

#9 11 years ago

I like Iceman a lot, Beast cool too

#10 11 years ago

Nice mods! I didn't think about turning Magnetos lamp to lite up beast. Did you install a lamp on top or next to the blackbird scoop?

#11 11 years ago

Very cool Hemi

#12 11 years ago

ok just read...Nice!

#13 11 years ago

love it

#14 11 years ago

Did you also put some red under magneto? I dont think my lock looks as neat. Can you link which figures you used?

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from Naf:

Nice mods! I didn't think about turning Magnetos lamp to lite up beast. Did you install a lamp on top or next to the blackbird scoop?

Yes, I did add an extra GI to shine on Beast and the one is still on Magneto, sorry I did not take the glass off. During all the game modes the flasher on Iceman looks good, but when the spinner is hit like in the video it looks amazing. Actually these were very easy mods to install in the machine. I designed them to be plug in, no soldering involved.

#16 11 years ago

You should make a few iceman mods and sell them, i would buy one.

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from twinmice:

You should make a few iceman mods and sell them, i would buy one

+1

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Did you also put some red under magneto? I dont think my lock looks as neat. Can you link which figures you used?

No I did not add any under Magneto. I thought about adding one there, but I have not tried anything yet. But Storm is next on my list, she is begging for more attention.

The Iceman was the clear version(made of glass)..... like this one.

ebay.com link: itm

The Beast was this one

I am not sure it the links will work from my phone but they are on eBay and the item numbers are there.

If anyone wants to buy the Iceman I can remake the flasher kit up for you. You'll just have to send it to me to do the work. The prices vary too much on eBay for these figures so I can not set a fix price on them

Just send me a PM.

Steve

#20 11 years ago

Those sir are not cheap toys.. Thanks for sharing where you got them!

#21 11 years ago

That may be one of the coolest mods I have ever seen in pinball. Nice work!

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from EmptyLogic:

Those sir are not cheap toys.. Thanks for sharing where you got them!

No they are not the cheap ones that's for sure. I wanted to add some extra X-Men in my machine's playfield and I did not want the cheap one. Also these will work on the X-Men Pro version pin.

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from twinmice:

You should make a few iceman mods and sell them, i would buy one.

No Problem.... Just buy the clear version Iceman and I will take care of the rest .

#24 11 years ago

Did you just put a flasher into the iceman or behind it or? And wired it to the flasher that's there?

#25 11 years ago
    Quoted from coasterguy:

That may be one of the coolest mods I have ever seen in pinball. Nice work!

Thanks..... When I am done this machine will have a totally different light show on it. My Spiderman with Matt's BAC looks beyond Amazing.

#26 11 years ago

It's funny, when a friend of mine (an X-Men fan) saw my machine for the first time, his first comment was "why isn't there more characters on the playfield?" That's exactly opposite of everyone's initial reaction about the 2 "big" toys on it, so I'm glad to see someone making an attempt to remedy the situation

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Did you just put a flasher into the iceman or behind it or? And wired it to the flasher that's there?

There is a GI light on him that glows blue all the time when the GI lights are on during game play. The flasher is triggered from the Iceman's ramp flasher..... It looks better on person then the video shows.

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from HemiOrange09:

There is a GI light on it so it glows blue all the time when the GI lights are on during game play. The flasher is triggered from the Iceman's ramp flasher..... It looks better on person then the video shows.

Did you put a blue led behind it? How did you light it? Any chance of a close up photo? Otherwise I'll just put a light or two under or behind it and see.

#29 11 years ago

Very nice mod.

I like the beast figure also. both look good.

#30 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Did you put a blue led behind it? How did you light it? Any chance of a close up photo? Otherwise I'll just put a light or two under or behind it and see.

There is a blue GI behind it and the flasher is under it..... If anyone wants me to do this mod for them I will wire the flasher in it like I did mine for $25.00 plus the return postage back to you and it will be plug in play. You will need to get the GI lights from Terry @ Pinball Life.

Now this is a very inexpensive mod to do on your X-Men to get the most Awesome effect from it.

#31 11 years ago
    Quoted from HemiOrange09:

The Iceman was the clear version(made of glass)..... like this one.
    The Beast was this one
    I am not sure it the links will work from my phone but they are on eBay and the item numbers are there.
    If anyone wants to buy the Iceman I can remake the flasher kit up for you. You'll just have to send it to me to do the work. The prices vary too much on eBay for these figures so I can not set a fix price on them
    Just send me a PM.
    Steve

WOW it looks like these sold on eBay very quickly..... I wish they were mine to sell.

#32 11 years ago

How did you mount this to the game?

#33 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

How did you mount this to the game?

The flasher assembly is part of the mount assembly.....

#34 11 years ago

I have had a few questions about the Beast figure, how it is mounted, does it need any mod work to it?

Other then a GI light and a mount post for the light above Magneto's light. The Beast figure needs no mod work done to it. It fits perfectly with double sided foam tape on the bottom of him to the playfield's plastic and a little hot glue on his elbow to the ramp. This keeps him from wiggling around during game play and servicing the machine.

I have had a few guys want the Iceman flasher mod work done and I have enough parts to do two more Icemans then I will have to reorder.

Thanks,

Steve

#35 11 years ago

If anyone is looking for the Beast mini bust at a fair price please contact Al. His ebay user ID is arturod210.

#36 11 years ago

I did edit the title and I have one more flasher kit available for the Iceman before I need to reorder some more parts.

Steve

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/video-of-my-x-men-with-6-iceman-mod-to-along-with-some-extra-flashers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.