• Latest reply 78 days ago by baldtwit
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

motor assembly for pinside (resized).jpg
#1 82 days ago

See attached picture of my Victory Derby motor board.motor assembly for pinside (resized).jpgmotor assembly for pinside (resized).jpg

There are three solenoids on this board. I need some help identifying the coil numbers of each. The schematic provides NO help.

(1) I believe the two coils circled in blue should be the same value--not sure. Can someone advise? What are the correct coil numbers?

(2) The solenoid circled in red. What is the correct coil number?

(3) The bright aluminum disc circled in yellow (next to the hard rubber washer) is that correct for this machine? It looks fabricated. Obviously the washer is incorrect.

(4) Has anybody got experience with this board? Id like a little guidance when I reassemble. All the other components of this machine are relatively straight forward.

(5) Can anyone help in identifying the other coils in this machine (relays and solenoids)? The markings are all but toasted.

Thanks to anyone who can assist. I'm a pin guy, but I'm learning!

Bob
Bowling Green Ky

#2 82 days ago

Troll here...I will see if I can find numbers on the coils tomorrow....My Victory Special looks different but it is populated...I will take a picture...

#3 81 days ago

if you get really stuck, the strong museum has parts lists with may have coil part numbers:
https://archives.museumofplay.org/repositories/3/archival_objects/30873

there's also a game 477 called victory derby ... dunno if that's different. I'd get those parts lists too just to see

they will scan and email you pages for a small fee. If you go that route and want to provide copies for the bingo.cdyn.com web site, let me know.

the next one-balls after victory derby/special were jockey club/jockey special and trophy/gold cup

those games have better documentation that you can use to help out if ltroll can't get good/complete part numbers off his game. No guarantee the parts are the same, but there's a good chance they are.

poke around in https://bingo.cdyn.com/machines/bally_one_balls/ for the docs.

#4 81 days ago

Thank you very much.

I’ll try the Strong resource. The description of what they may have (or not) is a bit vague. But it will be worth following up. They do list the machine — but what they have is unclear. Will be worth a phone call or email.

The bingo resource page references the machine, but they only have the schematic—no coil references. I find it hard to believe Bally did not have a technical publication with this information.

I’m hoping Larry can find the numbers on his machine.

At any rate, thank you for jumping in with the Strong info. I really appreciate you providing this lead.

#5 78 days ago

the only time I got some parts list copies from the Strong it listed the ohms value of a resistor that was too burnt up to read/measure, so it worked out for me.

There's been at least one coil old-> part number doc from bally, but the one I have doesn't list the CO-27S-13. The doc is at https://bingo.cdyn.com/paper/misc/

below the same info I posted to your question on the EM tech board.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

afaik, the S is the spool designator. 27 is the wire gauge and 13 is the ohms resistance (more or less ... they rounded some of the actual values).

one of the part numbers would have been CO-27S-13

according to some docs the pacific pinball museum has, the S coil spool is same size as the GG coil spool, but the sleeve was inserted the opposite way. The S sleeve was also slightly shorter (1.531 vs 1.562)

the GG coil spool new part number was B (e.g. a CO-25-GG-7 became a B-25-925)

final piece of the puzzle is mapping around 13 ohms to number of turns, and I'd guess (no guarantee) you'd want a B-27-1250 coil. Planetary pinball has NOS for around $7.20 each. The new coils have plastic sleeves instead of brass.

planetary also has the BF-27-1250. What's the difference between a B and BF spool? Dunno. Typically it was stuff like shape/angle/position of the lugs, with/without coil sleeve, which side of the end plate the lug was attached to, etc. I guess you could buy one of each and compare

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/victory-derby-motor-board-coil-identification and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.