(Topic ID: 57720)

Two Pins in a Yukon. Done!

By fattrain

10 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

replace.jpg
    allentown2002-truck01.jpg
    getaway.jpg
    image.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

So after a few beers and about an hour of measuring yesterday I came up with a plan to fit two modern Sterns in my 07' Yukon XL.

The problem is that you can't turn them sideways because they're too long by about an inch (even if I removed the shooter rod housings).

So with the third row seats removed and middle seats folded up against the front seats, I was able to stagger the pins backwards to each other and "stack" the backboxes giving me enough room to tuck them in nice and snug next to each other.

I am a very happy camper right now

P.S. Big shout out to BellBrande for being awesome and her support cheering us on as we ventured into the ancient unknown art of "pin stacking"

replace.jpgreplace.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

#2 10 years ago

Tspp and nba
    Nice

#3 10 years ago

That's awesome. I can fit two in my truck, but I have to angle them and one has to sit on the tailgate. I had about an inch to spare when I picked up HS2 and W?D a few months back.

getaway.jpggetaway.jpg

#4 10 years ago

Good work FatTrain. I like to call it "Tetris for Big Kids" when I try to fit more than one in my van

#5 10 years ago

Step 1 - Turn Yukon over

Nice work! Especially if you need to worry about the weather.

If the weather is not a concern........

allentown2002-truck01.jpgallentown2002-truck01.jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/two-pins-in-a-yukon-done and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.