Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 462 posts
  • 124 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by Enron64
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1419.gif
    IMG_6924.jpeg
    o-BEST-SANTA-PICTURE-570 (resized).jpg
    1A5D5D77-7E2F-48C0-95EC-88F3F338BF4B (resized).jpeg
    571bb6d1036ac (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).png
    67A677BC-19D9-4BF4-9B21-32C024FC5E5E.gif
    the-face-you-5baa92 (resized).jpg
    S79b2d22d1ec14011b1e84ed5c0b8a1955.jpg_640x640Q90.jpg_ (resized).jpg
    7AD9D01E-CC07-4510-9472-2D6F7B4EFBB3 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6915 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6914 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot 2023-12-21 at 4.37.51?PM (resized).png
    IMG_5061.gif
    IMG_6881 (resized).jpeg
    You're (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 462 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 10.
    #351 4 months ago
    Quoted from calsheimer:

Look at the screenshot man, they are different emails. He posted my personal one.

I did. It's the exact same email.

I don't watch his Facebook streams so maybe he said it then and your confused?

Edit: I'm a moron. They are very similar but they are indeed two separate emails. My apologies.

#352 4 months ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

You're (resized).jpegYou're (resized).jpeg
    #353 4 months ago
    Quoted from zaphX:

[quoted image]

Damn! That's one of my pet peeves too!

#354 4 months ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Damn! That's one of my pet peeves too!

Hahaha hoping to lighten the mood in here a bit

#355 4 months ago
    Quoted from zaphX:

Hahaha hoping to lighten the mood in here a bit

Well done, Sir.

Gonna have to go back to proofreading my posts before hitting "enter".

#356 4 months ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

As a moderator, I occasionally see arguments between members that sometimes go too far and lead to a threat of a physical confrontation at the next pinball show. I also get my fair share of ire thrown my way from people who don't agree with a moderation decision. I've also seen people get whipped up into a frenzy and end up targeting someone for dumb reasons and causing real harm.
    Any hint of violence gets taken very seriously by the moderation team. Even if someone might say they're joking about it, it's not really funny.
    So, some vague, possibly jokey comment in poor taste about targeting someone at an event--yeah, I can see how that would be cause for concern. There are enough crazy, unhinged people out there who have no problem with actually causing harm (either the person making the comment or someone who gets "inspired" by the comment) that it would be foolish not to take it seriously.
    As far as the live twippy show goes, if I were running it and doing it live, depending on the size of the crowd that was expected, I would at least consider hiring professional event security. Just their presence is usually enough to put a damper on any serious shenanigans.

I agree with you, I just feel like this isn't even that. Better safe than sorry I guess, but I feel like this is a stretch at even "hinting" of actual violence. If he said "bonk him on the head" with the twippy or something would that be too far too? Sure, moderate a post like that, let somebody know...hey, you're getting too close to a line you should not cross, I totally understand that, but I think context certainly matters and the context is very easy to see in this instance. Not defending the comment, not even saying don't raise an eyebrow, but I think its safe to relax a little on this particular one. There are definitely lunatics out there, and god forbid anything ever happened to anyone, so I do get it.

#357 4 months ago

Stepping back from all of the high emotions, I have to say I am legitimately impressed with what Chris is pulling off.

1. Antagonize TWIPY people year after year until the organizers would prefer to do away with their volunteer project rather than continue to put up with the harassment.
    2. Rile up his fanbase and others disappointed with the TWIPYs decision to direct their anger toward a committee member rather than the person whose actions prompted it (since none of it would have ever happened if Chris would just stop being an asshole to others)
    3. Convert the ginned up outrage into a faux populist cause célèbre where people stick it to Colin by giving Chris lots more money
    4. Generate perhaps $50,000 a year from his patreon plus whatever he pulls in from Facebook donations and selling merchandise using branding and intellectual property he doesn't own and presumably hasn't licensed (Akira)
    5. Do all of the above while endlessly ridiculing pinball companies and their employees, making enemies of people who have relationships with major license holders (perhaps even Akira's)

You have to give credit where credit is due. And though I'd never want to do any of these things, I'm confident that if I tried I wouldn't do them as well as him.

#358 4 months ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

I agree with you, I just feel like this isn't even that.

Nov 30 he starts threatening to release my personal email and personal cell phone number after months of priming his audience to hate me.

At the same time he's privately emailing me that he will "destroy me" and spread lies about my employment history.

Days later, his fanbase is talking about stabbing me.

Do I need him to point a gun in my face before I can take things seriously? It doesn't matter what you feel, what I personally experienced set off all kinds of red flags.

#359 4 months ago
    Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Stepping back from all of the high emotions, I have to say I am legitimately impressed with what Chris is pulling off.
    1. Antagonize TWIPY people year after year until the organizers would prefer to do away with their volunteer project rather than continue to put up with the harassment.
    2. Rile up his fanbase and others disappointed with the TWIPYs decision to direct their anger toward a committee member rather than the person whose actions prompted it (since none of it would have ever happened if Chris would just stop being an asshole to others)
    3. Convert the ginned up outrage into a faux populist cause célèbre where people stick it to Colin by giving Chris lots more money
    4. Generate perhaps $50,000 a year from his patreon plus whatever he pulls in from Facebook donations and selling merchandise using branding and intellectual property he doesn't own and presumably hasn't licensed (Akira)
    5. Do all of the above while endlessly ridiculing pinball companies and their employees, making enemies of people who have relationships with major license holders (perhaps even Akira's)
    You have to give credit where credit is due. And though I'd never want to do any of these things, I'm confident that if I tried I wouldn't do them as well as him.

It's a playbook he seems to be good at running.

#360 4 months ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

alright. you're... (i mean your?? shit maybe we're all confused) just being dumb.

there's a screenshot on this very website, in the prior thread, which shows the "leaked' email (which ends in ".me") which is not "the exact same email" as the one ending in kinetcist.co"

#361 4 months ago
    Quoted from JSC:

What’s the end game of all of this. Kaneda’s followers probably 100 percent overlap with anyone who would ever look at TWIPY, Kineticist or any other pinball content. Anyone willing to pay 5 bucks a month for a podcast is pretty hardcore into pinball. Based on screenshots beeing shared from member only chats even his haters are members. While it’s never okay to even joke about violence towards someone, I don’t think it’s a dangerous group of fringe lunatics. TWIPYs did not want to give Kaneda a trophy at any cost, including tearing down the entire show. That’s been done. Seems like it’s time to move on.

Anyone willing to pay 5 bucks a month for a podcast is pretty hardcore into drama.

#362 4 months ago
    Quoted from JSC:

Anyone willing to pay 5 bucks a month for a podcast is pretty hardcore into pinball.

Hardcore into pinball...drama. Also hardcore into creating pinball...drama.

#363 4 months ago
    Quoted from JSC:

It was an inappropriate comment made in very poor taste that shouldn’t have been made, but I find it extremely unlikely Chris would illicit an actual violent response from a podcast with 700 listeners. I understand crazy fanatics exist, but we are taking about a pinball podcast not some celebrity. Even if he did have that type of rabid fan, typically the lunacy is directed at the celebrity not a host who didn’t give out an award.

His past antics and physical altercations combined with all his actions concerning the twippy situation demonstrates how him or a follower crossing the line is not really that far fetched. So, any hint of harm coming from his sphere should be taken seriously and treated as such.

#364 4 months ago
    Quoted from Sorokyl:

alright. you're... (i mean your?? shit maybe we're all confused) just being dumb.
    there's a screenshot on this very website, in the prior thread, which shows the "leaked' email (which ends in ".me") which is not "the exact same email" as the one ending in kinetcist.co"

Yep...I'm a dope. Collin messaged me and the emails are very similar but are two seperate addresses and I was wrong.

My apologies.

#365 4 months ago
    Quoted from fourvdean:

Colin will only ever be remembered for 1 thing in pinball and that is this “big fat hot mess”
    facts don’t matter, committee decision, personal threats etc, all semantics, just a hot mess that’s going to a while to clean up (be forgotten about)
    That’s life

Maybe he can join the ranks of folks like Gary from AZ...

#366 4 months ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

It's no longer fun or cute, just a bunch of spoiled media egos arguing over who is the coolest

like the vast majority of pinball 'creators' space. Things have just caught up to each other. A giant circle jerk looking at each other more than actual pinball.

#367 4 months ago
    Quoted from calsheimer:

Nov 30 he starts threatening to release my personal email and personal cell phone number after months of priming his audience to hate me.
    At the same time he's privately emailing me that he will "destroy me" and spread lies about my employment history.
    Do I need him to point a gun in my face before I can take things seriously? It doesn't matter what you feel, what I personally experienced set off all kinds of red flags.

can pearls turn into diamonds with enough pressure? Asking for a friend.

#368 4 months ago

nvm

#369 4 months ago

FWIW people have gone after Chris for using the Akira IP stuff before and the short version is they really don't care

#370 4 months ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

FWIW people have gone after Chris for using the Akira IP stuff before and the short version is they really don't care

I guess we know the next Pinball Adventures title now!

#371 4 months ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Interesting/surprising. Citation?

#372 4 months ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

The amount of expense and effort to go after someone with 700 followers is usually not worth it…you also risk a negative ruling that could have much bigger implications beyond a few tshirts. I’m sure he’d argue some kind of parody use.

#373 4 months ago
    Quoted from JSC:

The amount of expense and effort to go after someone with 700 followers is usually not worth it…you also risk a negative ruling that could have much bigger implications beyond a few tshirts. I’m sure he’d argue some kind of parody use.

I'd think if they'd care it would not be due to the number of followers but the money (patreon > t shirts). Plus I assume there isn't much expense in issuing a C&D, and was under the impression that not protecting one's IP can have negative consequences (though I obviously am no expert in this domain).

#374 4 months ago

“You’re” vs “your”? That’s NOTHING:

The improper use of pronouns around here is absolutely out of hand! Haha…

#375 4 months ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

You want to actually address the substance of Blueberry's post or are you just going to keep being a drama llama and deflecting and moving the goalposts?

Narcissist's Prayer:
    That didn't happen.
    And if it did, it wasn't that bad.
    And if it was, that's not a big deal. <-you're here
    And if it is, that's not my fault.
    And if it was, I didn't mean it.
    And if I did, you deserved it

#376 4 months ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

I believe he had to stop selling murch with it. He can use it for one off stuff for himself but can’t use it for public merch sales.

#377 4 months ago

I'd think if they'd care it would not be due to the number of followers but the money (patreon > t shirts). Plus I assume there isn't much expense in issuing a C&D, and was under the impression that not protecting one's IP can have negative consequences (though I obviously am no expert in this domain).

Use of people’s names can be really trick..his use of the images is different but Is very small scale. It’s hard to police every single use of an IP. Just depends on the budget of IP holder….doing a TM search, I am actually not seeing one for Kaneda in the US besides cigars.

#378 4 months ago
    Quoted from frisbez:

You want to actually address the substance of Blueberry's post

This will never not be funny to me. The juxtaposition of serious discussion with “Blueberry” (the name, not the particular Pinsider) keeps the internet undefeated for entertainment value.

#379 4 months ago
    Quoted from Gribbs:

This will never not be funny to me. The juxtaposition of serious discussion with “Blueberry” (the name, not the particular Pinsider) keeps the internet undefeated for entertainment value.

I feel exactly the same. It's the height of ridiculousness.

#380 4 months ago

Good post as always from you and I can agree. I could never do what Kaneda does either. I post or send out apologies here on Pinside, I can't imagine if I had a podcast.

But I also wouldn't do what Colin has done.

You seem to indicate he was pushed by Kaneda into his poor behaviour and bad decisions. Colin being so new and financing his shortcut into power, I see him more stepping into the fire, rather than pushed.

Either that, or the other powers that be, manipulated an eager to please sacrificial lamb. - (This)

Lets not forget this back and forth war has been going on for seven years now, long before Colin came along.

Anyway, two wrongs don't make a right as Granny use to say with gin on her breath.

I believe we will never know the full story and I'm happy just to be a spectator at the carnival show.

#381 4 months ago
    Quoted from zaphX:

[quoted image]

IMG_5061.gifIMG_5061.gif

#382 4 months ago

Im still trying to figure out why posting a ‘personal’ email is so egregious.

I mean if some idiot or spammer emails my ‘personal’ address i block the address and move on with my life.

This constant victim nonsense is just absurd.

#383 4 months ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Good post as always from you and I can agree. I could never do what Kaneda does either. I post or send out apologies here on Pinside, I can't imagine if I had a podcast.
    But I also wouldn't do what Colin has done.
    You seem to indicate he was pushed by Kaneda into his poor behaviour and bad decisions. Colin being so new and financing his shortcut into power, I see him more stepping into the fire, rather than pushed.
    Either that, or the other powers that be, manipulated an eager to please sacrificial lamb. - (This)
    Lets not forget this back and forth war has been going on for seven years now, long before Colin came along.
    Anyway, two wrongs don't make a right as Granny use to say with gin on her breath.
    I believe we will never know the full story and I'm happy just to be a spectator at the carnival show.

Question: If Chris didn't attack and harass others would any of this have ever happened?

The particular details in the latest round of a decade of endless, needless antagonism is frankly unimportant. Don't miss the forest for the trees.

#384 4 months ago
    Quoted from anathematize:

Im still trying to figure out why posting a ‘personal’ email is so egregious.
    I mean if some idiot or spammer emails my ‘personal’ address i block the address and move on with my life.
    This constant victim nonsense is just absurd.

It's about the intent, which was to do harm.

https://later.com/social-media-glossary/doxxing/
    https://www.avast.com/c-what-is-doxxing

Screenshot 2023-12-21 at 4.37.51?PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-12-21 at 4.37.51?PM (resized).png
    #385 4 months ago

It must be close by now.....so in before the lock

#386 4 months ago

Question: If Chris didn't attack and harass others would any of this have ever happened?

Probably not. He pretty much drove the issue and turned it into a unnecessary controversy to suit is own attention-seeking self interests--does he ever do anything positive that helps support the pinball community at large?

It's best to just ignore him and his ridiculous antics and not react, interact, or communicate with him at all.

#387 4 months ago
    IMG_6914 (resized).jpegIMG_6914 (resized).jpeg
    #388 4 months ago

Thanks. Im more than familiar with the term. And its blanket overuse in modern culture.

Again. What harm comes from someone knowing an email address?

#389 4 months ago
    Quoted from calsheimer:

He’s done the same thing to others. Including myself over the years. We would let it go and reconcile. Then same act over and over again.

What do you think he said, threats he made to Robin years ago, to get his sorry ass kicked off here?

In this case, he feels you impacted his “greatness” and manhood somehow by taking away the center of his life, a TWIPY

His fanboys don’t get it. He uses them to prime the pump.

Now he’s back into his passive mode of oh golly gee, nothing to see here, let’s all get off Pinside and enjoy family.

AFTER he trashes somebody and the dude isn’t even allowed on Pinside! Who else carries that badge of dishonor?

You respect someone that makes $$$ that way? Being a POS does sell. He’s good at it, that’s right.

#390 4 months ago
    IMG_6915 (resized).jpegIMG_6915 (resized).jpeg
    #391 4 months ago

The particular details in the latest round of a decade of endless, needless antagonism is frankly unimportant. Don't miss the forest for the trees.

Once again, I agree with you. But there has also been retaliation over years.
    I'm not claiming Kaneda to be a saint, hell, he's a sinner for certain.

Fingers can be pointed in several directions and some of the public fumbles are embarrassing. On both sides.

#392 4 months ago

Could it be a manufacture, dealer, a media outlet and a few podcasters colluded to try and remove Kaneda from the pinball space.

Could the person that made the Stabbing comment in the Kaneda pinball podcast Patreon space be a mole trying to make the real fan base look bad and add a comment that creates massive drama that would put a bad name on him and his supporters?

#393 4 months ago
    Quoted from frankmac:

[quoted image]

I’m a little confused. Who’s beating the horse here?

You post in this thread 5 times a day !

#394 4 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You post in this thread 5 times a day !

#395 4 months ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Once again, I agree with you. But there has also been retaliation over years.
    I'm not claiming Kaneda to be a saint, hell, he's a sinner for certain.
    Fingers can be pointed in several directions and some of the public fumbles are embarrassing. On both sides.

Right, but my question was whether any of this would have ever happened if not for Chris's actions. And the answer is no.

Retaliation is by definition a response. This response is merely the latest chapter in a decade of constant antagonism and harassment. The targets change, but the attacker remains the same. You're a kind person. Why twist yourself up to excuse away such persistent meanness?

#396 4 months ago

Chris said he wouldn’t mention Colin again…..over/under on how many days that lasts.

7AD9D01E-CC07-4510-9472-2D6F7B4EFBB3 (resized).jpeg7AD9D01E-CC07-4510-9472-2D6F7B4EFBB3 (resized).jpeg
    #397 4 months ago

Why doesn't the TWIP committee just design a new plastic trophy with no sharp edges or pokey things?

#398 4 months ago

The best part about all of this- kanada can’t do the one thing everyone else in this thread has done so easily, he can not post on Pinside. More people see every post on here than all his podcasts combined. The biggest pinball stage and he is denied….

#399 4 months ago
    Quoted from Jaeg:

Why doesn't the TWIP committee just design a new plastic trophy with no sharp edges or pokey things?

your new trophy

S79b2d22d1ec14011b1e84ed5c0b8a1955.jpg_640x640Q90.jpg_ (resized).jpgS79b2d22d1ec14011b1e84ed5c0b8a1955.jpg_640x640Q90.jpg_ (resized).jpg
    #400 4 months ago
    the-face-you-5baa92 (resized).jpgthe-face-you-5baa92 (resized).jpg
    There are 462 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 10.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twipy-s-change-course-againkind-of/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.