(Topic ID: 348035)

TWIPY media categories removed, this is why we can’t have nice things!

By PantherCityPins

4 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you agree with removing the media categories from the Twipys?”

• Yes, there was too much toxicity around the awards. 30 votes
      13%
    • No, the categories should be kept the same regardless of any one person’s behavior. 112 votes
      48%
    • Who the hell cares, it’s a stupid plastic trophy! 90 votes
      39%

(232 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

applause.gif
    IMG_2423 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    609smh (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2023-12-13 at 12.04.11?PM (resized).png
    main-qimg-7f33e25a1467c3b36ededd30ec13dc81-lq (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20231213_144900_Messenger (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1702497983076 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20231213_141146_Facebook (resized).jpg
    20231213_140954 (resized).jpg
    ChrisKooluris (resized).jpg
    IMG_5348 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1074 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1353.gif
    giphy (8).gif
    IMG_6778 (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 627 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 13.
    #451 4 months ago

But if Chris pulls his show because he got kicked out of the twipys, you blame the twipy guys instead of Chris?

It would seem the problem lies with Chris, for first being a dick to everyone except his fans, and then when that gets him banned he starts dicking around his own fans by threatening to pull his show?

So now Chris's fans know what it's like to be on the dick-end of his attitude haha

Sorry, it's a slow monday....

#452 4 months ago
    Quoted from calsheimer:

He posted my personal email address combined with a threat to post my cell phone number.
    At the same time he was privately emailing me that he would "destroy me" and intentionally spread lies about my employment history. He has been harassing me publicly and privately since September.
    I also don't run or control the TWIPYs. I simply serve on the committee.
    I was presented with the opportunity to purchase TWIP (not the TWIPYs) in October after writing for them since March or so. I purchased it for many reasons, none of which had anything to do with Chris.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

I’ve read your statement on the reason to remove the categories. “ TWIPYs Media Categories Removal Statement 12/6/2023
    With input from the TWIPY Committee as well as members of the pinball community, I have decided that the TWIPY Pinball Awards (TWIPYs) will no longer include any media categories. I determined that these categories were no longer meeting our mission of celebrating the pinball hobby and were instead lending to a toxic environment within the community. I’m very sorry to those pinball content creators who worked hard to become eligible, especially those in the “new” categories.”

I think the intention to move away from a “toxic environment” actually was amplified the second you decided to remove these categories based on a personal beef with 1 person. The end result punished everyone in the pinball community.

Here’s where the current poll stands. The name “Twipy Awards” are now heading towards being synonymous with “Toxic Awards”. Nobody in this thread is celebrating pinball. Instead everybody is Kung-Fu Fighting

IMG_1342 (resized).pngIMG_1342 (resized).png
    #453 4 months ago
    Quoted from mkecasey:

Show me the better spokesman (or woman).

You are absolutely right. Kaneda is the best spokesman for complaining about the hobby, bar none.

Quoted from mkecasey:

he is also the most honest of the shows I've found

Honest is definitely one of the last words I would use to describe him.

Quoted from mkecasey:

He isn't trying to sell or promote.

He literally puts his "content" behind a paywall. Most of the stunts he pulls are to promote himself.

Quoted from mkecasey:

He has good scoops.

Knapp is better.

Quoted from mkecasey:

I don't want to listen to 1-2 hour shows.

So what you are saying is you only watch sober Kaneda.

#454 4 months ago
    Quoted from thechakapakuni2:

Here’s where the current poll stands. The name “Twipy Awards” are now heading towards being synonymous with “Toxic Awards”. Nobody in this thread is celebrating pinball. Instead everybody is Kung-Fu Fighting

62 people vs the rest of the world; I think the twipys are OK.

#455 4 months ago
    Quoted from Palmer:

You are absolutely right. Kaneda is the best spokesman for complaining about the hobby, bar none.

He literally puts his "content" behind a paywall. Most of the stunts he pulls are to promote himself.

Knapp is better.

^^This is expertly stated^^ Only disagreement I have is replace the term "sober" with "Medicated" and you're spot-on.

#456 4 months ago
    Quoted from Palmer:

Hmmm, I don't think you really understand what doxxing is. Sure anyone can put personal details online. But it goes far beyond that because you are doing it with a malicious intent. Special K did it to rouse up his fanbase into harrassing someone. It isn't his first time either. For someone that continually points the finger at Pinside calling everyone babies, he sure has some thin skin.

Thats really funny how I talked about how I have been aware of doxing (real, actual doxing) for a long long time and somebody who probably just heard the word for the first time like a month ago is explaining it to me. Oh, now intent is what makes it doxing? Ok thanks I appreciate the lesson lol

Again, I don't condone that behavior.

Quoted from Palmer:

This is a straw man argument. You get spam calls because your number was shared with thousands of other numbers. It is either marketing or a scam. But neither is interested in posting your real life details because the ultimate goal is the either sell you or scam you.

I thought I made it pretty clear, but let me make it even more simple. Having your phone number put out there isn't that big of a deal. Should it be done? No. Would I prefer it to remain private? Yes. If it turned out it got leaked, would I have a crybaby meltdown? No. I'm not scared of a bunch of empty threats. I have no reason to use said empty threats to further whatever crusade I happen to be on either. I'm also not dumb enough to keep poking the bees nest that got my number put out in the first place.

Quoted from Palmer:

Does it matter? Where there is smoke, there's fire. Special K has continually shown that he can't be a part of any hobby community. I know a lot of people are new to the hobby and maybe don't crossover into arcade collecting. But A LOT of us remember him ripping off a kid with the whole Fixit Felix fiasco...and then threatening to not pay the other half ($2K I believe) if that person didn't post a thread on Pinside saying that Kaneda made him whole...when he in fact did not make him whole. Even if he did in the future, that just speaks sooooo much about his character. Some people don't care about that stuff but a lot of us do.

You can hate him all you want, I don't really care. Hell...I even understand it! Thats not going to change his podcast existing, or being popular. I'm aware that there was some sort of controversy between him and Ritchie Wrench. I don't really understand it because sometimes Ritchie says its fine and other times he says it wasn't. Sorry that happened, but say what you will about Chris he isn't out to scam people. I know that makes people really mad because people like to use that as an example to attack him, but he simply just doesn't have a reason to be scamming people, or a history of it other than some weird misunderstanding. Like...I'm not excusing it, but it sure seems like more of a case of just a deal gone wrong than a guy who is out to steal from people, and trying to paint him in that light is rather disingenuous. At least most of the other criticisms you can make a decent case for if so inclined.

#457 4 months ago
    Quoted from Palmer:

Knapp is better.

I like Knapp, but seems like a lot of the content is aggregation, often attributes stuff to Kaneda himself recently. Kaneda seems to have direct sources and isn’t limited in what he can say about leaks because he’s not a distributor.

#458 4 months ago
    Quoted from Palmer:You are absolutely right. Kaneda is the best spokesman for complaining about the hobby, bar none.

Knapp is better.

1. Complaining about the things that are wrong with the hobby, yes. Lack of innovation, bad themes, pricing that doesn't align with the quality of the games. I think those are things worth complaining about. But he also gives a lot of praise too. His shows are not just complaints about the industry. He had great things to say about Foo Fighters, Labyrinth, Elton John, and Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
    2. When you don't have to make a company or a distributor happy, you can be honest about things.
    3. You don't pay for any entertainment, you only consume free media? Also, there are others in the pinball content creating community who are also behind a paywall. So what's the difference? Also, see my post from earlier today. I totally get that this stunt is promoting himself. I also think this is promoting Kineticist. I think both sides are seeing an uptick in attention.
    4. I like Knapp too. Maybe he should start a podcast, I'd give it a shot.
    5. What does being sober have to do with preferring shorter form content?

I get what you are trying to say. I really do. I don't think Kaneda is perfect. But it's the best option (for me) right now. And it has been that way for awhile. But I'm always open to new content creators and if there was something I enjoyed more, I'd start listening.

#459 4 months ago
    Quoted from metallik:

But if Chris pulls his show because he got kicked out of the twipys, you blame the twipy guys instead of Chris?
    It would seem the problem lies with Chris, for first being a dick to everyone except his fans, and then when that gets him banned he starts dicking around his own fans by threatening to pull his show?
    So now Chris's fans know what it's like to be on the dick-end of his attitude haha
    Sorry, it's a slow monday....

He's not pulling his show, that was just a knee jerk reaction to being angry. He even said so like a day after all that went down. He's threatened to take his show down a few times and honestly its pretty cringe most of the time. A few times he's taken it down and stepped away for a period for legitimate reasons (like when people were calling his job trying to get him fired). We all know (and he will tell you this) he's not going to take it down. Its an outlet for him.

Quoted from Palmer:

Knapp is better.

Not to diminish what Jason Knapp does because he gets a lot of scoops himself and does a lot of other stuff unrelated to "scoops and rumors" , you you do realize Knapp gets a lot of his info, especially the juiciest stuff, from Kaneda right? Like they have a mostly friendly working relationship now. So its weird to say he's better. They are pretty even at worst in the context you're referring to. Sure, the method of delivery is different, and he has other things to offer too. Of course Kaneda just makes you real big mad so literally anybody is better. See, Jason is smart. He hated Chris. Didn't want to touch him for a long time but he realized that Chris had valuable information to offer and squashing the beef and deciding to respect what Chris brings to the table was a better/more lucrative idea than constantly being in a state of standoffishness (is that a word?) and now we've all benefited from it. Knapp's arcade has firmly supplanted TWIP as the go to place for quality pinball information and is an excellent website. TWIP is nearly meaningless other than deep dives now. See how much smoother things can go when you stop trying to fight all the time and learn to coexist?

#460 4 months ago
    Quoted from calsheimer:

His audience had also been starting to escalate to violent rhetoric (such as stabbing me, at the TWIPYs).

Really... You were getting threats of being stabbed at the TWIPYS...? Show those screen shots

#461 4 months ago
    Quoted from ElectricWizzy:

I get that Chris can say a lot of stupid and very inappropriate s**t sometimes but good lord, dismantling what many of us love about the hobby (talking about it, celebrating it, and having the choice to do so) is your logical way of dealing with someone we don't like? Where's your resliance? Ignore and push your own agenda - use the villain factor of Kaneda to your advantage. Every hero needs a villain and vice versa!! Instead you’re adding fuel to the fire and just increasing Kaneda's popularity and deflating your own validity (Colin). Instead, you’re erasing the hard work of ALL content creators because feelings were hurt? INSTEAD, you're face-slapping the likes of Jack Danger and everyone else who's arguably helped revive pinball?? I don't particularly love Don's Pinball Podcast, but he still deserves recognition for his hard work. Same with Kenada, Jack, Loose Flip (word up, may man!), etc. You want to be the purveyor of positive pinball? Be the bigger person, own your mistake and lead by example.

Erasing the hard work of content creators? Their content is still out there… they are still out there… and they’re free to do and pursue anything they want. No one is erasing anything in that realm.

#462 4 months ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:Erasing the hard work of content creators? Their content is still out there… they are still out there… and they’re free to do and pursue anything they want. No one is erasing anything in that realm.

There was a database of pinball content creators with links, reviews, etc that was literally erased. And the awards created to celebrate and recognize them. There would not be a thread or the underlying drama if "nothing happened"

#463 4 months ago
    Quoted from calsheimer:

His audience had also been starting to escalate to violent rhetoric (such as stabbing me, at the TWIPYs).

IMG_6762 (resized).jpegIMG_6762 (resized).jpeg
    #464 4 months ago
    Quoted from Sorokyl:

There was a database of pinball content creators with links, reviews, etc that was literally erased. And the awards created to celebrate and recognize them. There would not be a thread or the underlying drama if "nothing happened"

Ffft… no one used that database for anything anyway. This notion that someone is being cancelled is silly. So a website isn’t hosting a list of podcasts - that’s their prerogative. Has zero impact on anyone’s ability to create content, host a show, stream… whatever it may be.

#465 4 months ago

What's funny is that this kind of stuff (media people not getting along) happens all the time in all other kinds of fields. Sports reporting, political, video games, etc, all at levels way beyond what is happening here. Maybe it's my exposure to that makes this seem like a nothing burger to me. Try listening to sports talk show or political show where they're NOT trying to run someone into the ground, I'm not sure it exists, lol.

The twipys and all the related stuff could be cancelled altogether for all I care. Isn't there even a second award show that was made up last year where it almost seemed like the point of it was this exact thing, to beat the twipys award show but not have a media category? Now there can be two dramaless award shows.

#466 4 months ago
    Quoted from Palmer:

Other shows use their "shows" basically as one big infomercial pushing product... jamming their product in your face if you so choose to listen. Fine... but don't make out others are taking the high road for having free content. There is a definite agenda to all the product pushing... and yes I'm talking about TPN.

At least with Kaneda your paying for an honest take on a product. Zach Meny would tell you led zeppelin pro was great if he thought it might move a unit. Like I said thats fine but the TPN mob always making out they take the high road is horseshit.

Kaneda is a wolf. TPN is just a wolf in sheep's clothing.

#467 4 months ago

I was asked a couple of years ago to enter the the custom section with Mad Max. Well they didn't present all the pics and video etc and quite honestly made it look pretty dull. Got contacted again recently to enter my custom Jaws .....once bitten twice shy...no thanks.
    I think the distinction between full retheme and home brew is needed as well.

I'm pretty sceptical there's some mates and hookup behind the scenes, like alot of the podcasts etc.

I think if K didn't have his stern mole he'd be dropped like a bomb. People just want to know what's happening in advance.

#468 4 months ago
    Quoted from John1210:

Other shows use their "shows" basically as one big infomercial pushing product... jamming their product in your face if you so choose to listen. Fine... but don't make out others are taking the high road for having free content. There is a definite agenda to all the product pushing... and yes I'm talking about TPN.
    At least with Kaneda your paying for an honest take on a product. Zach Meny would tell you led zeppelin pro was great if he thought it might move a unit. Like I said thats fine but the TPN mob always making out they take the high road is horseshit.

What agenda do you think we have at TPN? Do you think we are getting checks from manufacturers or FlipnOut? I can assure you the answer is no. The closest thing to a "kickback" I've gotten from a manufacturer is a t-shirt or even a banner that I could then give away on a stream. The only money any podcaster has gotten on TPN has been through Patreon. I can't speak for the other shows but Triple Drain's Patreon over the last year and a half has brought in just over 1.4k. With that money we've paid for the creation of merch artwork, we've sponsored Pinclash, we've bought and given away merch, and we've upgraded some of our podcasting gear. None of the podcasts on TPN are sponsored by FlipnOut except Zach's own show (TPS). The only people making "money" outside of Patreon that I can think of would be Zach (TPS) as he owns and runs FlipnOut, Travis (Triple Drain) who works for The Pinball Company, and Martin (Final Round) who works for Haggis. All three of them did Podcasts before they starting working in the industry. If you want to label them as "shills" for working in the industry then more power to you. Everyone within TPN is podcasting because they enjoy this hobby and enjoy talking/recording with their friends.

#469 4 months ago
    Quoted from John1210:

At least with Kaneda your paying for an honest take on a product.

Using Chris and honest in the same sentence is laughable

#470 4 months ago
    Quoted from John1210:

I was responding to someone saying Special K doesn't sell or promote. I have no issues with "content" creators asking for donations. I just think it is disingenuous to say otherwise. Also, wtf is up with all the hate for Zach Meny? He runs a business selling pinball machines? GASP!

#471 4 months ago
    Quoted from Palmer:

I was responding to someone saying Special K doesn't sell or promote. I have no issues with "content" creators asking for donations. I just think it is disingenuous to say otherwise. Also, wtf is up with all the hate for Zach Meny? He runs a business selling pinball machines? GASP!

I listen/watch Zach all the time and enjoy his content…but I take it for what it is, a really well done advertisement of pinball for which he directly profits from. There is no doubt in my mind he enjoys the hobby and what he does, but he is a distributor at the end of the day. Chris is something different. There is room for both. Zach is great for learning about rules and features, production updates, Chris is a good source of upcoming rumored releases/critiques.

#472 4 months ago
    Quoted from joelbob:

What agenda do you think we have at TPN? Do you think we are getting checks from manufacturers or FlipnOut? I can assure you the answer is no. The closest thing to a "kickback" I've gotten from a manufacturer is a t-shirt or even a banner that I could then give away on a stream. The only money any podcaster has gotten on TPN has been through Patreon. I can't speak for the other shows but Triple Drain's Patreon over the last year and a half has brought in just over 1.4k. With that money we've paid for the creation of merch artwork, we've sponsored Pinclash, we've bought and given away merch, and we've upgraded some of our podcasting gear. None of the podcasts on TPN are sponsored by FlipnOut except Zach's own show (TPS). The only people making "money" outside of Patreon that I can think of would be Zach (TPS) as he owns and runs FlipnOut, Travis (Triple Drain) who works for The Pinball Company, and Martin (Final Round) who works for Haggis. All three of them did Podcasts before they starting working in the industry. If you want to label them as "shills" for working in the industry then more power to you. Everyone within TPN is podcasting because they enjoy this hobby and enjoy talking/recording with their friends.

This here, is why the show must go on. Joel, I appreciate you and the rest of the people giving up your free time to give us content to enjoy. All of you, whether I’m a listener or not. Hopefully they get this straightened up and everyone can move forward together.

#473 4 months ago

It’s wrong to say other podcasts just shill. That’s a narrative Chris force feeds his audience. But it’s not true.

#475 4 months ago

I had a blast walking around Chicago Expo with my Kaneda name tag. The different psychological reactions I encountered were incredible. Some people laughed and some people were disgusted and not amused at all.

And some people thought I was seriously trying to get away with something. To those people I offered a free autograph.

Listen to Kaneda or don't, but many of you need to relax a bit.

Pic title: I punked Expo

391709071_799716592164184_9131087053995669133_n (1) (resized).jpg391709071_799716592164184_9131087053995669133_n (1) (resized).jpg

#477 4 months ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Thats really funny how I talked about how I have been aware of doxing (real, actual doxing) for a long long time and somebody who probably just heard the word for the first time like a month ago is explaining it to me. Oh, now intent is what makes it doxing? Ok thanks I appreciate the lesson lol
    Again, I don't condone that behavior.

Just because you heard of doxxing a long time ago doesn't make you any more or less of an authority. Getting your phone number scraped/sold to sell you an extended car warranty is not the same as Special K getting on facebook live and telling his followers he was wrongfully persecuted, this is the person who hurt him, and here is his email and phone number.

Quoted from Haymaker:

Not to diminish what Jason Knapp does because he gets a lot of scoops himself and does a lot of other stuff unrelated to "scoops and rumors" , you you do realize Knapp gets a lot of his info, especially the juiciest stuff, from Kaneda right? Like they have a mostly friendly working relationship now. So its weird to say he's better.

You're right. Jason does report on a lot of information that originates from Kaneda. I guess what I mean is I like the format better. I just want to read the news and move on. I have no interest in listening to someone but I understand that other people do.

#478 4 months ago
    Quoted from Palmer:

Just because you heard of doxxing a long time ago doesn't make you any more or less of an authority. Getting your phone number scraped/sold to sell you an extended car warranty is not the same as Special K getting on facebook live and telling his followers he was wrongfully persecuted, this is the person who hurt him, and here is his email and phone number.

All I'm saying is having your phone number put out there is not that big of a deal. I still don't agree with doing it, but having your phone number revealed is pretty low on the list of doxing. I know what real doxing is, your phone number is extremely low priority.

People - "Who cares about the twipy's its just a dumb thing in a tiny hobby"
    The same people "omg a guy like 20 people have ever heard of had his phone number shown its the end of the world"

My example was simply saying getting phone calls is a minor annoyance. I'd honestly rather be called by people who are angry with me, at least I'd get a laugh.

Quoted from Palmer:

You're right. Jason does report on a lot of information that originates from Kaneda. I guess what I mean is I like the format better. I just want to read the news and move on. I have no interest in listening to someone but I understand that other people do.

Thats fair, I cannot fault you for this one bit.

#479 4 months ago
    Quoted from joelbob:

What agenda do you think we have at TPN?

Travis would have a good mic if you guys made money.

#480 4 months ago
    Quoted from John1210:

When a poscaster gives TS4 a B+(Also you can buy it now!) They have no credibility. At least Chris isnt beholden to any co.

#481 4 months ago
    Quoted from joelbob:

What agenda do you think we have at TPN?

The agenda should be fix Travis' shit.

#482 4 months ago
    Quoted from VisitorQ:

Why does anyone even care? I mean how lame can pinball get? Honestly... Just say the name "Twipy". Imagine telling a girl you are dating that you need to get home to watch the Twipy Awards! lol
    Pinball is fun, it's a great hobby to enjoy and be part of but we don't need all this extra stuff to try to glamorize a hobby that is well... Kinda dorky.
    Go play and enjoy your games. Stop trying to make pinball into something it isn't.

great post

#483 4 months ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

It’s wrong to say other podcasts just shill. That’s a narrative Chris force feeds his audience. But it’s not true.

That's not really a dead horse he normally beats. He might mention it in passing that the good old boy network might receive minor discounts that can impact their exposure to declines in market value but that's it.

#484 4 months ago

Kaneda’s Pinball Podcast

“No one knows what it means, but it’s provocative… it’s gets the people going!”

#485 4 months ago

Just finished Eclectic Gamers Podcast's take. Dennis really despises Chris and goes out of his way to not talk about him so I was curious how it would go.

Overall I found it a much more balanced and rational view of this issue than some other podcasts have taken, with the exception of when Tony brings up swatting, wishing death on family members and other things that I'm not aware have taken place in this case. I also smiled when Tony said "I don't consume anything."

I recommend giving it a listen. Although I didn't agree with everything that was said, I enjoyed it (although I like just about everything that Dennis is involved with.) It was nice to hear a calm discussion on this issue.

https://soundcloud.com/user-465086826/episode-208-kojima-twipy-massacre

#486 4 months ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

When a poscaster gived TS4 a B+(Also you can buy it now!) They have no credibility. At least Chris isnt beholden to any co.

So anyone that doesn't agree with your taste in games has no credibility? Of course Zach is not going to come out and shit on a game. "Hey everyone, listen...this game sucks and I cannot in my right mind sell it to ya'll." You realize how dumb that is? Of course he is going to use his platform to promote and grow his business. You think he is the first one to do that?

#487 4 months ago

I also listened to the EGP episode today and I recommend it.

Dennis said he was aware of this thread but hasn’t posted because he didn’t want to contribute to the drama which I understand and respect.

He did clarify that his statement on TPN about not wanting to be associated with the media category was a culmination of issues that have happened over the years and the general toxicity that surrounds those categories. He said it was not in response to a specific event that happened this year.

Maybe I’ll have to Patreon EGP. Put my money where my mouth is and support the balanced podcasters.

#488 4 months ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

When a poscaster gived TS4 a B+(Also you can buy it now!) They have no credibility.

The correct approach would be to just give as "unbiased" opinion as one could by not editorializing and just give a detailed machine overview. The moment you start trying to apply a ranking to a product that you also sell for financial gain is when credibility can be questioned.

You can't have an honest opinion on something if A) you benefit financially from others buying what you're rating, or B) you gain income strictly from being dishonest or sharing outrageous/clickbait viewpoints. It didn't work for Homer Simpson as a food critic. Shouldn't work here.

Don't take pinball advice from pinball salespeople, or those who create drama to profit off a dumb little podcast.

#489 4 months ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Erasing the hard work of content creators? Their content is still out there… they are still out there… and they’re free to do and pursue anything they want. No one is erasing anything in that realm.

You're very correct in that sense. I'm more bothered they're being erased from the TWIPY'S (database, i could care less). It was the only large event that celebrated this group and their efforts. It was also the main reason I watched the TWIPYS (game of the year, etc, always seems obvious), but appreciate we all have different reasons.

#490 4 months ago

Zach puts out great content, but its similar to reading nintendo power and expecting hard hitting reviews. You can still appreciate it and theres certainly good points to be had, while simultaneously realizing its a commercial for the products he's selling. Theres a place for both "outsider" and "insider" content. I think some people are overly harsh on Zach's content way too often.

#491 4 months ago

Pinside is awesome- a place for people who love pinball and kanada shit all over it. There are other websites… please go somewhere else to talk about how “great” he is.

#492 4 months ago
    Quoted from ryan1234:

There are other websites… please go somewhere else to talk about how “great” he is.

Wouldn't it be easier and more fair, for you to just leave this thread?
    I don't think you understand how a forum works.

#493 4 months ago
    Quoted from ryan1234:

Pinside is awesome- a place for people who love pinball and kanada shit all over it. There are other websites… please go somewhere else to talk about how “great” he is.

Kaneda + pinside definitely equals sour grapes. I love pinside, its annoying when he dumps on it, often quite unfairly. The funniest part is that being banned from Pinside is what spawned the podcast and the fact that we're all talking about him today, love him or hate him.

#494 4 months ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Kaneda + pinside definitely equals sour grapes. I love pinside, its annoying when he dumps on it, often quite unfairly. The funniest part is that being banned from Pinside is what spawned the podcast and the fact that we're all talking about him today, love him or hate him.

I suspect he would have started a podcast regardless of being banned. He seems to seek attention, good or bad.

#495 4 months ago
    Quoted from John1210:

Zach’s reviews for the most part are biased. Why would he give an honest review of a game he is trying to sell? If you think he is being honest then you are a way too trusting person. Zach is a schill.

#496 4 months ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Wouldn't it be easier and more fair, for you to just leave this thread?
    I don't think you understand how a forum works.

I may not know how a forum works… but I also have not been banned…

#497 4 months ago

It truly amazes me how many people that do not care for this man allow him to be “Living in there head rent-free”

IMG_6778 (resized).jpegIMG_6778 (resized).jpeg
    #498 4 months ago
    Quoted from joelbob:

The best beard in pinball!!! Joel is awesome

#499 4 months ago
    Quoted from ryan1234:

I may not know how a forum works… but I also have not been banned…

You're right, Kaneda was permanently banned from Pinside, what, 5-6-7 years ago now? He hasn't posted anything on Pinside in years and yet, here we are.

Add to that, Kaneda's podcast is behind a paywall and all of his haters boast that they don't, or they refuse to, listen to him and for years now.
    But oh no, the ghost of Kaneda haunts here and innocent Pinsiders are wrongly accused of being Kaneda.

But wait, there's more.

Go to the person who created this thread and you will find he's a Kaneda hater. Nothing wrong with that and I respect his right to his opinion. And believe me, I understand it too as Chris and I have had our private pissing matches. (Haggis for the win, Chris, ha ha)

So lets recap the events here. This thread was begun by a Kaneda hater, based on the actions of another Kaneda hater, Colin. And all of you guys are typing with white knuckles, gritted teeth and we Kaneda supporters are to be blamed and ridiculed for some odd reason.

The Ghost of Kaneda owns you and nobody promotes him better.

#500 4 months ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Go to the person who created this thread and you will find he's a Kaneda hater. Nothing wrong with that and I respect his right to his opinion. And believe me, I understand it too as Chris and I have had our private pissing matches. (Haggis for the win, Chris, ha ha)
    So lets recap the events here..

Wow, glad to hear I'm a Kaneda hater!! I wasn't aware!

What I am is a person who is tired of one person in this hobby causing all sorts of toxicity and drama, just as he has done in multiple other hobbies and on multiple other boards. Somehow the people in this hobby haven't figured it out yet and continue to tolerate him.

I'm tired of that same person doxxing others when he gets upset, see the Whysnow thread here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kaneda-podcast-dead/page/2#post-5715469 and here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kaneda-podcast-dead/page/13#post-5719300 (oh, look...it was you defending him then too!!).

Now Colin has said he's released his private email address, threatened to release his personal cell phone, threatened to "destroy him" and said he would release details of his personal employment history with a company. Let's be clear, that reaction was all over the removal of a database that everyone admits was rarely used on a website everyone admits isn't the go to site for news anymore. How is any of that ok with you??

I'm tired of that person going on unhinged drunken rants on his facebook live stream and bashing others in the hobby, causing more drama.

I'm tired of that person threatening others in the hobby if he doesn't get his way (he's admitted to such just recently on the livestream), his apologists are once again excusing it as "Well, he can be an a-hole sometimes but that's just him, lol".

And lastly, I'm getting tired of people on this forum making all sorts of excuses for his toxic behavior and even encouraging it. It's not good for the hobby and it's not good for the hobbyists. What would be lose if Chris went away? Drama and leaks, that's it.

So, I'm not a hater of Chris, I could care less about Chris.

What I am is TIRED of Chris and the drama he causes in a hobby that I happen to love.

There are 627 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 13.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twipy-media-categories-removed-this-is-why-we-cant-have-nice-things/page/10?hl=pinlink and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.