Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image-537.jpg
image-242.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Looking for anything to install in the prison doors, maybe a target with a walker on it, more scaled to size?

Lots of modders here, someone must of thought of something?

image-242.jpgimage-242.jpg image-537.jpgimage-537.jpg
#2 9 years ago

Can we get a mini mold of Gary's head?

#3 9 years ago

So I wonder if stern is gonna add a mod for the giant prison head??

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Can we get a mini mold of Gary's head?

lol, will it fit?

#5 9 years ago

I never really understood why I giant head pops out of the prison. WTF???

#6 9 years ago

I like the giant head it looked fine to me, detailed and cool under the prison lights which are great by the way. Wasn't a cause of concern at all, but always in for as many mods as possible.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I like the giant head it looked fine to me, detailed and cool under the prison lights which are great by the way. Wasn't a cause of concern at all, but always in for as many mods as possible.

Agreed.

It looks great on my pro, you really don't have time to admire it, it's a pretty fast game.

#8 9 years ago

You guys have any luck getting a response on pricing for sterns TWD mods? I'm buying all of them except the shooter rod, but JJ is MIA, I guess at expo.

#9 9 years ago

I thought they were posted already on that flyer? I'm getting that topper for sure but I like Pin Ref side panel art more and as cool as the armor looks I'm sticking with stock LE.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Giant head? It's barely the size of a pinball. Good luck fitting anything bigger in there.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

But there is...

"In response to market demand for less violent pinball themes, Stern is now offering unique, dancing boogieman. It will be available in pink and yellow. All boogieman will be guaranteed cute and have a big smile on their face. color changing leds will also be available to make the experience complete. Pricing will be announced later this year."

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

You guys have any luck getting a response on pricing for sterns TWD mods? I'm buying all of them except the shooter rod, but JJ is MIA, I guess at expo.

Found this on dailydead.com

"The Walking Dead accessories will be available in November 2014, initially through the Stern Store and select authorized Stern distributors and dealers."

#13 9 years ago

Thank you Aztarac. Btw, LOVE Calvin and Hobbs!

8 months later
#14 8 years ago

Resurrecting this older thread... Hooked! Mezel! Calling modders for an extra special mission: somehow make a video of walkers coming out of prison when doors open but switch still needs to be ( obviously) used.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#15 8 years ago

I like it

#16 8 years ago

Not a bad idea but this hasn't been messed with for a number of reasons. The head is cool to bash anyway and not much on any pin is to scale in the first place including this release.

If a modder went to the trouble of changing this I don't think there would be enough people wanting or bothering to purchase it or change it out. Owners don't change what they don't mind.

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Not a bad idea but this hasn't been messed with for a number of reasons. The head is cool to bash anyway and not much on any pin is to scale in the first place including this release.
If a modder went to the trouble of changing this I don't think there would be enough people wanting or bothering to purchase it or change it out. Owners don't change what they don't mind.

I disagree. There are plenty of TWD pins in collections already and along with those numbers are tons of mods with more popping up all the time. Just look on Mezelmods sight. TWD is getting up there with TZ in mod mania. I've got two more coming this week as a matter of fact.

To get something cool cooked up for the prison doors would be an epic achievement, and help Borgie get closer to his original vision.

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I disagree. There are plenty of TWD pins in collections already and along with those numbers are tons of mods with more popping up all the time. Just look on Mezelmods sight. TWD is getting up there with TZ in mod mania. I've got two more coming this week as a matter of fact.
To get something cool cooked up for the prison doors would be an epic achievement, and help Borgie get closer to his original vision.

What do you have coming in?

#19 8 years ago

Really the head just a piece of plastic screwed to a switch. Someone with a 3D printer like Mezel Mods could print anything to go in there and then paint it. Hell he could even make it so it lights up. You just have to come up with a cool design to go in there and ask him if he's in. C'mon, let's put our brains together and think of something cool for Mezel to print

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Resurrecting this older thread... Hooked! Mezel! Calling modders for an extra special mission: somehow make a video of walkers coming out of prison when doors open but switch still needs to be ( obviously) used.
image.jpg

Hmmm one of those flat lcd screens connected to a Raspberry Pi under the playfield.....maybe a layer of acrylic in front of it with a switch connected to it. So the video of the zombies is on loop behind the acrylic and the ball will be hitting the acrylic, not the screen. Have a layer of mylar or something on the acrylic to protect the ball hits.

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

Hmmm one of those flat lcd screens connected to a Raspberry Pi under the playfield.....maybe a layer of acrylic in front of it with a switch connected to it. So the video of the zombies is on loop behind the acrylic and the ball will be hitting the acrylic, not the screen. Have a layer of mylar or something on the acrylic to protect the ball hits.

I can't see sensitive electronics holding up to being beat on no matter what they are behind.

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I can't see sensitive electronics holding up to being beat on no matter what they are behind.

I wouldn't have the switch/acrylic layer directly on the screen. There would be space in between so the ball isn't actually hitting the screen.

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from e4mafia:

What do you have coming in?

Crossbow mod and updated BG ramp light setup.

Already have Mezel's stuff on pin, Backglass light kit, colordmd, flasher kits, bloody armor ( not on yet), other stuff I can't remember. Awwww yeah...

Digging the idea of protector plastic with video LCD behind with walkers coming out. Sounds very doable. Mylar/ bash plastic just has to withstand direct ball hits.

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

I wouldn't have the switch/acrylic layer directly on the screen. There would be space in between so the ball isn't actually hitting the screen.

Oh ok, that makes a lot of sense. And it's a damn great idea! So the clear acrylic switch would be far enough in front of the screen that the screen would never actually get touched? Two questions. I don't know much about electronics, how will the screen hold up to all that constant rough vibration? And second if you put the screen that far back won't all the LED flashers that are going on when the prison doors are open bleed the screen out and make it hard to see the images?

#25 8 years ago

Oh ok, that makes a lot of sense. And it's a damn great idea! So the clear acrylic switch would be far enough in front of the screen that the screen would never actually get touched? Two questions. I don't know much about electronics, how will the screen hold up to all that constant rough vibration? And second if you put the screen that far back won't all the LED flashers that are going on when the prison doors are open bleed the screen out and make it hard to see the images?

It's awful dark in that prison. Maybe backlighting would help view of item? Army figure sized? LCD would be perfect, like Tron video game mod on Tron pins, so that would be my first choice of item. All kinds of cool Walker video you can stuff on that!

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Crossbow mod and updated BG ramp light setup.
Already have Mezel's stuff on pin, Backglass light kit, colordmd, flasher kits, bloody armor ( not on yet), other stuff I can't remember. Awwww yeah...
Digging the idea of protector plastic with video LCD behind with walkers coming out. Sounds very doable. Mylar/ bash plastic just has to withstand direct ball hits.

So I take it you were one of the first five to get the crossbow this week?

#27 8 years ago

Clarify:

1st choice: LCD screen with walker video, spaced switch in front of screen.

2nd choice: acrylic or clear plastic switch with army figure zombie backlit in door.

#28 8 years ago

So I take it you were one of the first five to get the crossbow this week?

I ordered the one from the dude selling them here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-own-daryls-crossbow-mod#post-2529744

Haven't heard anything from Mezel on theirs.

#29 8 years ago

Oh sorry, I thought I read Mezel's Crossbow, My bad.

#30 8 years ago

Im hoping if we mention Mezel's name a few more times ( Hooked too!!), then this thread will pop up if they do a name search of themselves.

Hmmmm.... Prison zombie head mod... Yes...

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Im hoping if we mention Mezel's name a few more times ( Hooked too!!), then this thread will pop up if they do a name search of themselves.
Hmmmm.... Prison zombie head mod... Yes...

Well I'm Hooked on Mezel Mods. I also think Mezel is Hooked on Mods

#32 8 years ago

Well I'm Hooked on Mezel Mods. I also think Mezel is Hooked on Mods

Awesome! Now say it ten times fast!

#33 8 years ago

Could the LCD screen have a zombie twerking it? Id be a buyer then.

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Awesome! Now say it ten times fast!

Impossible!

#35 8 years ago

If only I had a Walking Dead to experiment on. Guys, please see below for my PayPal link. I might have to do a Kickstarter. Haha

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I have visited mezels site plenty. I never said it was a bad idea but you were talking about scale being an issue and there is a reason why mezel and hooked for example haven't done a mod for this yet and have done a lot of other cool stuff ahead of this one. That being its a very cool well rendered ugly zombie head to bash. Can it be improved? Maybe but I would be inclined to think it a change not an improvement. As far as lighting up well if you 3x super 13's in there that's all the light you need.

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I ordered the one from the dude selling them here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-own-daryls-crossbow-mod#post-2529744
Haven't heard anything from Mezel on theirs.

LOL!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

I have visited mezels site plenty. I never said it was a bad idea but you were talking about scale being an issue and there is a reason why mezel and hooked for example haven't done a mod for this yet and have done a lot of other cool stuff ahead of this one. That being its a very cool well rendered ugly zombie head to bash. Can it be improved? Maybe but I would be inclined to think it a change not an improvement. As far as lighting up well if you 3x super 13's in there that's all the light you need.

What the heck is a super 13?

#39 8 years ago

How about a giant sock, sockcuckers...tisssss

Tier one posters infiltrating pinside

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Could the LCD screen have a zombie twerking it? Id be a buyer then.

Zombies can't Twerk, but they can dance.

#41 8 years ago
Quoted from Doot77:

Zombies can't Twerk, but they can dance.
» YouTube video

I need twerking

#43 8 years ago

Oh fine!
» YouTube video

IN!!!!! You had me at O.

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

LOL!
image.jpg

I was just testing his for comparison Mez! Really!!

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

How about a giant sock, sockcuckers...tisssss
Tier one posters infiltrating pinside

Home run Chipperson!

#46 8 years ago

What the heck is a super 13?

A flasher

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Glendale, AZ
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-alternatives-for-prison-walker-head and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.