Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by tamoore
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1560.JPG
    Pinball Flyer.jpg
    Pinball Flyer-Finished.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thadawkins.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Hi everyone, Me and my buddy are putting on our first Pinball Tournament at the end of January. We will be hosting a 3 Strikes Knockout tournament. We are new to this so we have been in contact with IFPA and PAPA in regards to setup and structure. We hope to have a great turnout. We have a website right now at www.tricitypinball.com that you can check out for more details. We are updating our list of games all the time and now have 20 machines. We have some basic pricing in the flyer attached and would welcome some input. Thanks for taking the time to read all this and we hope to see everyone there.

Josh

Pinball Flyer-Finished.jpgPinball Flyer-Finished.jpg
    #3 10 years ago

Thanks silver. Our Tournament will soon be on the IFPA Calendar. I appreciate the support

#6 10 years ago

We are looking for a permanent location here in Bay City so that would definitely love to have leagues.

#8 10 years ago

Looking for some advice. Since our Repair guy will be on hand for the whole event we were thinking about hosting either a Pinball 101 for him to show people how to do easy fixes or having him available for fixing machines if someone wants to bring one in. I think this would be beneficial for some novice home users that don't know much about them. We could have a "Demo" machine available for him to work on while he is doing a Pinball 101. Let me know if you guys think this is a good idea. Thanks

#9 10 years ago

Good News today. We have secured a permenant location for the tournament. We were previously having it at a hotel but found a decent place to have them all at. We are pretty excited and are hoping to be open on weekends as well. We will be having a free weekend Open House after the holidays for everyone to come check out. Thanks and will be posting more info later.

2 weeks later
    #13 10 years ago

Heres the new flyer with the new address on it.

Pinball Flyer.jpgPinball Flyer.jpg
    #14 10 years ago

the 25th is the tournament date with qualifiers/seeding starting at noon. Tournament players get free play all weekend. Fri, Sat and Sun. Just an FYI for those interested.

#16 10 years ago

We are having a 3 Strikes Knockout Style Tournament. Payouts will be determined by how many players we get. It will at least be $100 for 1st and $50 for second. The tournament day is January 25th. We will have seeding matched starting at noon and you will play 1 game on 3 different machines. We will seed based on your combined score. Once Seeding is done we will start the tournament play. The higher seeded player will have choice of game or playing position. Once you lose 3 head to head matches you are out and thus continues until the final match. If you buy into the tournament you will get free play all weekend or you can buy a one day pass for $15. We will be open from noon until whenever people want to leave for all 3 days. We will also have a 60 in 1 and a 12 in 1 on free play as well but at least 20 Pinball machines going. I am not sure what the wppr points are, i have been in contact with IFPA and this is the style of tournament that they recommended for our first. If you have any more questions please let me know. Thanks

#22 10 years ago

Does anyone have more info on how to set up the rank scores? I am not familiar with it, if anyone has a link or knows the info would be much appreciated. Thanks

#25 10 years ago

Ok, I get it now. I have found the Arcade Tournament Manager so i see what your saying. I guess we will switch the qualifying to a Rank Points Style. Thanks for the heads up guys, i really appreciate it.

#26 10 years ago

Hey everyone, I just wanted to say that we got some big news coming next week. Something that we are pretty excited about. Just keep checking back here and the website for more info.

#28 10 years ago

Here she is! The newest addition to the Tri City Pinball Tournament. This will be in the tournament for sure. We just got it Tuesday thanks to Pincades in Griffith,IN. We are super excited to add this to the collection and it is AWESOME!!!! Hope to see you guys out here next weekend.

IMG_1560.JPGIMG_1560.JPG
    #30 10 years ago

I want to say thanks to GravitaR for coming out and looking at the shop yesterday. He came, he saw and he beat most of our high scores, lol. I did beat that Star Trek score though after you left. Once again thanks for a good time.

#32 10 years ago

Just an FYI for everyone considering coming to the tournament, it is on Saturday the 25th. If you purchase a tournament ticket it gives you free play all weekend. You can come do your qualifiers anytime Friday or Saturday at noon. Just wanted to let everyone know. Thanks

#33 10 years ago

Jus wanted to say thanks to everyone that came out today for the tournament. We had a blast and made some pinball friends in the process. We appreciate the support and can't wait to come see some of you guys on your home turf.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thadawkins.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tri-city-pinball-tournament-coming-to-mid-mi?tu=thadawkins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.