Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Rbeckhorn
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I've played the Transformers LE while visiting Las Vegas and my wife and I LOVED it! We are checking into purchasing one and then we got sticker shock! Will I be happy with the Transformers Pro? There isn't one around me that I can play but I can purchase a NIB Pro for $4,600. I sure liked the LED lights and Shaker Motor in the LE. I'm so confused ... help!!!

#2 11 years ago

You can get an LE for just a bit more. Maybe low 5s?

#3 11 years ago

JMO i have a autobot LE. i played a pro. but after playing LE i didnt like the pro at all. again JMO. but i will say this i wish i had just bought the combo LE. it was alot cheaper.

#4 11 years ago

Like JayHawkai said, you can buy a HUO LE for $5,100. Just pony up the extra cash if you like it. Or wait and buy a HUO Pro in the high $3K range. Maybe $3,900 or so.

Cheers,
Duane

#5 11 years ago

I don't think there are any NIB combos for 5100 or pros for 3900 anymore. HUO maybe but not new. If any distributor wants to sell a NIB combo for 5100, PM me.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

I've played the Transformers LE while visiting Las Vegas and my wife and I LOVED it! We are checking into purchasing one and then we got sticker shock! Will I be happy with the Transformers Pro? There isn't one around me that I can play but I can purchase a NIB Pro for $4,600. I sure liked the LED lights and Shaker Motor in the LE. I'm so confused ... help!!!

You can put LEDs and a shaker in the Pro. I had the LE, sold it....I played the Pro and in comparison I thought it was extremely sparse, lifeless, and cheap-feeling without Ironhide, Starscream, or the Robot Megatron & Drop Target.... but has faster ramp flow. You should be able to get a HUO or NIB for less than you've been quoted.

#7 11 years ago

Get the LE, who knows where the price will go after the code update comes out this December. Right now prices are affordable for this title.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

Get the LE, who knows where the price will go after the code update comes out this December. Right now prices are affordable for this title.

I don't think the update is going to convert anyone on the fence....but it's a well deserved gift for those who like it or stuck with it.

#9 11 years ago

Le all the way.

#10 11 years ago

Owned the Pro and it was fun, but it's just bare. I had to add toys and spotlights to make it more appealing, until I finally just sold it and grabbed a combo. It's worth the extra $$$.

#11 11 years ago

Get the LE. You can pick em up for low $5k

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

Pro is the way to go on this one no doubt. The ramps are crap on the le
derek

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Pro is the way to go on this one no doubt. The ramps are crap on the le
derek

Not being able to make both orbits stinks and when it stops the ball to go in the pops it's more painful then the LE ramps IMO. If that extra gate was available on the Pro then I would agree with you.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Not being able to make both orbits stinks and when it stops the ball to go in the pops it's more painful then the LE ramps IMO. If that extra gate was available on the Pro then I would agree with you.

Yep. Anyone that claims the pro plays faster is fully debunked by this. Half a second in the ramps is nothing compared to several seconds in the pops.

#15 11 years ago

Looks like Limited Edition is the way for me !!!!

#16 11 years ago

Easy solution just remove the one gate problem solved
Derek

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Easy solution just remove the one gate problem solved
Derek

Then the ball will never go into the pops, which it needs to do for Devastator mode.

#18 11 years ago

The drop down Target actually adds a lot to the game especially during OP multiball. That along with star scream sold me on the LE. I've got about 50 plays on the pro as their is on local and about 200 on the LE. For the small difference in price right now you gotta get the LE.

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

The drop down Target actually adds a lot to the game especially during OP multiball. That along with star scream sold me on the LE. I've got about 50 plays on the pro as their is on local and about 200 on the LE. For the small difference in price right now you gotta get the LE.

To each their own guyys; I would rather have free flowing ramps then targets and anyone that says the mini playfield is better then the actual iron hide ramp is just crazy. Plus the Decepticon ramp is just so cool with that wicked turn around; which is not in the le. I am all about speed and flow and even though that orbit might be closed the pro still has more flow to it; ion my opinon. Plus the pro is the way that gomez originally designed the game and then he did the le.
derek

#20 11 years ago

I have to agree with musketd. The flow of the pro game is much much better. Underrated game IMO.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/transformers-pro-will-i-be-happy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.