Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Pin-it
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

i wish i could take credit for this idea, but kudos goes to chrisbee...

needed a break from working on another machine, so i installed "the fonz mod" on my jacks open today...

sadly, the fonz was MUCH cooler looking than me...

#2 10 years ago

Hey Chris,

You sounded like the tired version of the Fonz mod!

Ken

#3 10 years ago

it's been a long day... plus this took a bit more experimentation than i planned on to make it work...

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

plus this took a bit more experimentation than i planned on to make it work...

I think I'll pass on the Fonz mod Chris. With my arthritis I will most likely break my wrist. Sad but true. Sign of the times. Old Farts with broken parts.

Ken

#5 10 years ago

I have one that does that. Nice!

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

I think I'll pass on the Fonz mod Chris. With my arthritis I will most likely break my wrist. Sad but true. Sign of the times. Old Farts with broken parts.
Ken

i hear ya on that... i wired it in series with the start button, otherwise i'd likely end up doing the same thing if i started it with the "bang" every time...

#7 10 years ago

Hey,wheres Potsie?

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from thepinballworks:

I have one that does that. Nice!

thanks... i think it's pretty cool... got approval from swmbo as well, which is always a positive... she's a "tilter" to begin with, so the idea of starting a game with a good rap appeals to her...

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Hey,wheres Potsie?

poor potsie... he always got the short end of the stick...

at least my potbelly is gone these days...

#10 10 years ago

@pin-it...

tying back to the other thread.... simply rewiring to the slam switch didn't work (which i should have realized before i started, since its a normally closed switch )... at first i thought itvwas gonna because it started the machine, but when i tried it out with a ball in the game and the ball rolled over the trough switch, it started a new game...

then i tried a normally open bounce switch... after futzing with that for quite awhile trying to gap it so that it would only "bounce" once, i gave up on that idea... even when i got it so it only bounced once the majority of the time, exuberant play would cause it to bounce again and restart the game...

finally i scavenged a coin entry switch off an old hacked up wiring harness... removed the anti-bounce thingie, mounted it where the slam switch was on the door, and gapped it real tight... that was the ticket... zapped myself twice before i realized that i shoulda put the big fish paper insulation piece (that was on the slam switch) between the switch and the door...

works pretty reliably... with the tight gap, you don't have to hit it real hard, but the switch doesn't close when the machine is shaken hard...

#11 10 years ago

"Ay!" Way to go Mr. Fonzarelli!

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

works pretty reliably... with the tight gap, you don't have to hit it real hard, but the switch doesn't close when the machine is shaken hard...

Just hope its not nudge sensitive ,getting a high score then it resets.
Full test implementation is in order.
Speaking from experience.
A truck i built i had shaved the door handles of which i put a pair of solenoids inline with the door handle linkage controlled by relays which were then controlled by a wireless remote for outside access or two press buttons on the inside cab dash mounted.
One day it was raining and the wiper motor was giving communication interference between the remote transmitter and the receiver,thank god i left the rear window latch unlocked.
Left it slightly latched all the time,couple of bumps got it unlatched ,reach inside press the dash button good to go.

#13 10 years ago

yea, it needs to be beta tested now... i'm gonna let swmbo and my bestie have at it for awhile... if neither one of them can make it reset during gameplay, i'll consider it "ready for production"... since she tilts a game at least half the time, and he shakes the machine constantly (for no real discernable reason... ), if it survives them, it should be good...

hey, that's a pretty cool "truck mod"... must have been quite a panic moment when you realized what was going on though...

#14 10 years ago

Love it! I still say "perfectamoondo" sometimes.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Love it! I still say "perfectamoondo" sometimes.

ah darn, i shoulda dropped a "perfectamoondo" at the end of the vid...

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

ah darn, i shoulda dropped a "perfectamoondo" at the end of the vid...

Or snap your fingers and have chicks running over to you.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Or snap your fingers and have chicks running over to you.

sadly, that never worked for me...

even if it did not, swmbo may be small, but she is tough... i wouldn't be in any condition to play pinball for awhile if that happened...

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

hey, that's a pretty cool "truck mod"... must have been quite a panic moment when you realized what was going on though...

Yeah ,^^freaked me out just a little bit.

Note to self > Turn wipers off before leaving truck.
Also set it up so that the Oem lock/unlock knob connected to the door latch linkage,just in case any electrical malfunction occured.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-fonz-mod and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.