9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2014-07-27 at 4.49.17 PM.png
#1 9 years ago

Anyone know a good place to get T2 cannon parts?

Thanks

#2 9 years ago

Marco has a bunch of parts, including in-stock cannon parts. However, marco tends to be a bit more expensive than other distributors.

http://www.marcospec.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=terminator 2&VIEW_SIZE=60&VIEW_INDEX=0&sortOrder=SortKeywordRelevancy

Is there a specific part you're looking for?

#3 9 years ago

Well the issue is there seems to be a lot of play in the canon and when you go to use the canon if you have to shoot at the bottom target it doesn't seem to go far enough down to hit that target... I have opened it up and done a canon test and nothing appears to be slipping and the gears appear to be in constant movement. I mean the assembly basic just cycles so there isn't anyway to make it go farther than it is already going except to eliminate the play in the gun... Does that make since?

Thanks,

#4 9 years ago

Have you adjusted the switch on the canon that controls the total range of travel? There is a switch, on the cam below the PF that you should adjust to get it to move a smidge further...

#5 9 years ago

There are two switches on the bottom of the play field and neither of them do that... The first is the switch that tells the cpu that the cannon is in the home position the second is the Mark switch. This switch just tells the cpu that the canon can be fired. Per the manual

Screen Shot 2014-07-27 at 4.49.17 PM.pngScreen Shot 2014-07-27 at 4.49.17 PM.png

The canon is designed to just run a loop. It goes as far as it can go each cycle.... From what I could see there was no switch that told it that this is the end of the line... I actually backed the Mark switch off as that is what I thought it did as well. but it didn't help and that is when I discovered that the gun just makes a loop regardless. The Mark switch is just a safety switch so that you can prematurely fire the cannon at parts of the playfield that aren't designed to absorb the impact of the ball...

5 months later
#6 9 years ago

I need to come back to this issue… Can someone please help me here… Thinking of replacing the motor and gears, as I have tried everything I can with what is there and nothing has worked in resolving this issue and the motor and gears appear to be the only thing that wouldn't let the cannon move far enough to hit the bottom target?

Thanks

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/t2-cannon-parts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.