• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-257.jpg
image.jpg
#1 10 years ago

I picked up a non working eatpm and was told a coil was hooked up backwards causing this board damage. Is there any hope for this board to be repaired? Thanks for any help!

image.jpgimage.jpg image-257.jpgimage-257.jpg
#2 10 years ago

It's fixable.

#3 10 years ago

Toasty. Definitely fixable though.

#4 10 years ago

Any idea on where to start, should I send it off or is there any detailed info on doing it myself?
Thanks for any help

#5 10 years ago

When in doubt, send it out.

But if you want a project, I'm sure a few of us here will walk you through it.

#6 10 years ago

That is pretty common, and looks way worse than it is. There is not many traces the travel on the same area front and back up there so you can get creative with out it looking like a hack. If there is a room i like to stitch in wires leads from appropriate sized clipped components such as diodes. Looks neater than running jumper wires.

The 2n4401 predriver and 7402 are probably bad after a burned out solenoid like that. Both can be tested with your DMM.

#7 10 years ago

Great! I think I will try to fix myself.. Any vids on doing this stuff? I am going to be home later and really give everything a good once over and I'm sure I will have questions.. Thanks!!!

#8 10 years ago

First clean up the burnt areas then re-tin all of those solder points so that you know what you're working with. When pads are burnt, they often are lifted as well, so you'll need to check continuity going to all areas that were burnt to see if you need to put some jumpers in place. As long as you have continuity and the new parts installed also have continuity, you should be good to go. Just keep in mind the boards are double-sided, so continuity has to exist on both sides.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 45.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Machine - For Sale
Algonquin, IL
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

£ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

£ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 70.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Towson, MD
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 49.99
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-11-cpu-board-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.