Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by dkazz1
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dkazz1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Hi everyone.

I'm having some issues with the launch cannons on my Star Trek The Next Generation. For some reason the cannons will not reset properly at startup and the solenoids stay active. When I first bought this game, it was having a minor issue with it, but unfortunately it has gotten progressively worse. Any assistance with this would be appreciated.

Below is a short video showing this issue. The one thing I did notice is with the solenoid launch stuck open, the cannons will not set properly but when they are not active at startup, they do set in the proper location.

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb453/dkazz111/67305D9D-9D16-4708-BDE7-863AD5E7A9B7_zpsyspiim5i.mp4

Thanks in advance

#2 9 years ago

At the end of the video, I try to say thanks in advance, but Jean Luc wanted to speak instead......lol

#4 9 years ago

I will give that a try, seems like it has to be a simple issue, now to install the silly ROMS in it......lol

#7 9 years ago

This game was a complete restoration before I purchased it, everything looks like new Actually bought it from another pinsider about 3 or 4 months ago.

It started being just the left cannon but lately it has been both doing the same thing. I'll start by cleaning the optos then move on to the other suggestions. I appreciate the feedback everyone.

#10 9 years ago

Was working on my GNR tonight and fixed that. Multiple bad grounds causing issues everywhere. Looked at Star Trek a bit and I'm pretty sure now it's the optos but I will check it all out tomorrow. Time for me to get some sleep. Lol

#11 9 years ago

Optos are working fine. I can literally "trick" the optos by sticking my finger in between them, thinking there is a ball there. Then the solenoid will activate to launch the ball. The problem is the solenoid stays stuck in the launch position and won't go back down on its own, but I can push it down manually with very little effort. I will take another video to show you all

#12 9 years ago

Just about to post the video but right after I took the video, I turned it on and tested it again and seemed to work fine. I'm guessing when I cleaned the optos that fixed some of the issue? Solenoids all of the sudden are not sticking and are resetting perfectly on their own.

#14 9 years ago

Sounds a lot like #1. Definitely. Will replace the springs. Thanks for help everyone.

#15 9 years ago

Just wanted to follow up on this.....as they say the simplest solution is probably the right one. Well I replaced the springs in both cannons and now it works perfectly. Looks like the springs that were in it were worn or just simply the wrong tension (seemed a little weak). After replacing them both, it is working perfectly now.

I appreciate all the assistance and advice!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mechanicsville, VA
$ 85.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 9.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 64.99
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
St. Louis, MO
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 63.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dkazz1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sttng-launchers-wont-reset-properly?tu=dkazz1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.