Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

giphy (35).gif
51c.gif
whitewood (1) (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinball-Wiz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#41 47 days ago

I honestly can't remember the last time I looked at a Stern release and said to myself "WOW that's a full featured, loaded out game". Perhaps Godzilla. and you know what? GZ is one of the best games released in the last decade. This is what happens when careful consideration and effort goes into a fully featured game IMO. But we all know that fully featured doesn't mean it will be a good game.. and hence, that's where most people that defend fully featured games hang their hat on to defend stripped out games. And of course, because pinball is fun, then stripped out can be fun too. Yep, it's all good to overpay for a stripped out game now to some.

Unfortunately, there's a comfortable sales level that Stern is willing to go with that includes not putting much into the games. Think of it this way- the massive price hikes over the past 2 years were to pump more profit into the company because it could. Well, stripped out games are cheaper to produce and also create more money, which is the ONLY objective at this point.. just look at the threads, no matter what pinball enthusiasts don't like, there's a steady bunch of defenders, people calling them whiners, etc., that displace any potential for those concerns to be more visible and/or valid. I've often wondered, to what benefit is there for someone to defend stripped out games instead of wanting more in a game? Are these fake accounts or people that are gaslighting those that think these games are stripped (especially when they are paying $10,000 for one). I'm not sure.. but if you look at the comment section of anything that's open to the public (youtube, news articles to mention a few), you will indeed see extremely disturbing opinions, posts, whacky support for things that make no sense. This is what the internet is.

I now vote with my wallet, but I know that will never be enough.... The reason these pinball companies are the way they are is they don't need my money anymore, they have new buyers that are willing to snap everything up and as we see here, defend EVERYTHING they do. We are not allowed to be critical or talk about what any of the pinball companies (mostly Stern) didn't do, because, again, pinball is fun and how dare you not like something Stern did!!

#43 47 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The gameplay experiences tend to be similar, and I really don't understand the griping. In general, a premium is way cooler, but a pro will do. Look at the recent games!
Bond - pro is as good as prem
Foo - pro plays as good as prem. Prem is just way cooler
Venom - game blows either way
Jaws - they both play the same
This is pinball in 2024. You want to spend $7k? Great, a pro is the best you are going to find in pinball. If you want more crap, you can pay more.
You want to stick it to Stern? Buy a BBQ or Ninja, that'll show 'em!

There you go again, someone talking about their observation on a pinball forum, talking about pinball, IS "GRIPING".

How about just talking about a subject instead of being critical of the person talking about the subject?

#49 47 days ago
Quoted from adol75:

Stern Pros are often a good illustration on how less is better in Pinball

Or how little they really put into "premium" mechs. Lets face it, if they really designed cool mechs, they WOULD make a difference and you should want them for the price.

#80 46 days ago

the phrase "stripped down" and a "pinball machine produced in 2024" should not even be a thing. But here we are.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Belton, MO
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Side Gig Studios

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 80.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
6,995 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 259.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Magnetic Speaker Framez

Machine - For Sale
St. Augustine, FL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinball-Wiz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stripped-down-stern-pros?tu=Pinball-Wiz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.