(Topic ID: 54854)

Stock market stinks, but pin portfolio still looking strong...

By RTR

10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by jayhawkai
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Just saying. When the market acts like this, makes my pinball machine investment look better and better!!

#2 10 years ago

I remember those same comments about the housing market 10 years ago. If you're doing it because you love it, you're in good shape.

#3 10 years ago

Hmmm....to bad none of mine were an investment.

Oh well....if they keep going I guess my kids will get a nice pay day when I'm gone.

#4 10 years ago

That's all I meant! Market can go down 10%, but I still have the same number of pins when I come home.

#5 10 years ago
    Quoted from RTR:

When the market acts like this,

What's it doing now? I dumped it all a year ago to buy pins. And that I did.

#6 10 years ago

Best part of owning pins is that you can enjoy them whether the stocks have a bull day OR a bear day.

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

What's it doing now? I dumped it all a year ago to buy pins. And that I did.

Pins are holding up better than gold and WAY better than Apple!

#8 10 years ago

And they are a LOT more fun. Ever play with a share of Apple stock?

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from RTR:

Ever play with a share of Apple stock?

If I'd bought a bunch back in '80 like someone else I know, I'd be playing with bigger toys.

#10 10 years ago

The market's had a bad month, but that means we're just back to April prices.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-stinks-but-pin-portfolio-still-looking-strong and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.