11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by CafeOne
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tron_014.JPG
    tron_008.JPG
    #1 11 years ago

Okay, maybe I'm getting overly concerned too early and there is an easy fix for this, but this doesn't seem right to me. When the ball gets ejected into the shooter lane, it is not centered with the plunger or the cradle that holds the ball. The ball can be successfully launched, but it feels weak to me.

This is my 1st NIB, a Tron Pro. I basically opened it and started modding. The 1st thing I did was add playfield support rails. I then added lit recogizer mod, mini arcade 2.1, lit flipper buttons and FF sub.

Well, I guess it was when I was installing new flippers that I noticed the shooter lane. I checked the level of the game and it is fine. The ball is considerable off center and I have no clue how this could be fixed by Stern can anyone give me any advice on what I should do from here?

I bought the game from JJ at the Colorado game Exchange.He was great and the game arrived fast and undamaged. I would assume I take this right up with Stern and not the distributor if this is not an easy fix.

tron_008.JPGtron_008.JPG tron_014.JPGtron_014.JPG

#2 11 years ago

You can move the shooter assembly to adjust the plunger tip accordingly. 3 screws on the inside of cabinet. That assembly has play once loosened.

#3 11 years ago

Cool, I wasn't sure there was going to be any play and moving would require trying to drill new holes right next to existing ones and still try to keep hidden by assembly. I was concerned I might damage decals messing with it and get nothing accomplished. I'll loosen assembly and see if I can get more centered. Thanks!

#4 11 years ago

Well, there won't be nearly enough play to move it just loosening it, but it does seem pretty straight forward. I removed the assembly and just have to move the plate below it over just a bit and reinstall. Shouldn't be too hard, but sucks they couldn't get it right at the factory

#5 11 years ago

you can just slide the playfield over a bit , it moves to the left and right. I noticed the same thing with mine.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-nib-shooter-lane-not-centered and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.