Stellar Wars reset after last letter i acheived

By Pinballark

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Hi.
My first Solid state and I dont have a clue where to start. 20 years of fixing Dmd's but here Im lost.
My newly bought Stellar Wars seems to work fine except for some switch adjustments (too sensetive so they reg double hits sometimes)
The mainproblem is that the game goes "game over" as soon as the last letter in STELLARWARS is hit...no matter in what order or what number of players.
Any help who can put me in the right direction is welcome
/Stefan

#3 6 years ago

In the cpu-board self test get the lower led steady lit. As the manual say it indicates rom/prom failure with 5 possible faulty chips. A good start
Is there a good way to check em out or replace all at once?
I also noted that batteries are missing wich I will add at once.
Thanks for helping.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballark:

In the cpu-board self test get the lower led steady lit. As the manual say it indicates rom/prom failure with 5 possible faulty chips. A good start
Is there a good way to check em out or replace all at once?
I also noted that batteries are missing wich I will add at once.
Thanks for helping.

If you have a rom burner you can probably verify which chip is wrong (or just burn a new set), otherwise you can just order a new set of roms. If you have any other system 6 games you could swap the green rom chips in case it's one of those

#5 6 years ago

Thanks for quick answer.
I have now order for a new set of roms. So I hope to get em before next weekend.
I post again as soon as I have switch to the new set...if it works or not.
Anything else to look for or adjust/clean as a routine on this Solid s?

#7 6 years ago

Big thanx for that link.
Cant stop reading it all from the start...very helpfull tutor that seems to cover a lot

#8 6 years ago

Guess it's solved now.
With the link to vids guide I dig thru it all from the first post onwards...still a lot to read, but that tutor was exact what I was hoping to find ..
Thanx to you m8.

However...it made me look if all roms was solid in their sockets, and after some pushing up/down again, the game get the contact and now it works...both leds are also unlit after selftest.

Now I will do as I always do...strip the whole playfield for minor painting and a nice playfield clearcoat. After that I will follow vids tutor to replace stuff for the game to stay solid in the future.
Again
Thanx!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

1,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stellar-wars-reset-after-last-letter-i-acheived and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.