12F7532C-74D1-4C23-B411-00903E072A83 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4111 (resized).jpg
20200927_130059 (resized).jpg
20200927_114202 (resized).jpg
IMG_0423 (resized).jpg
IMG_0422 (resized).jpg
021 (2) (resized).JPG
A36B34AC-C8DC-43E8-8021-809DDC17D93B (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hoochoo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#574 5 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Two very concrete questions:
1. Where is the ball supposed to be returned to when shooting the orbit clockwise?
2. Where is the ball supposed to be returned to when ejected from the mystery hole?
I am aware of HOW to make adjustments, but want to clearly understand the goal of the adjustments.

For me, a full speed clockwise orbit lands on my right flipper but where is it "supposed" to go? Well, I don't know about that, though it sure feels good to hit the fork ramp after a fast orbit shot with the right flipper.

Eject hole is definitely the left flipper; Steve Ritchie confirmed that in a Q&A.

#576 5 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Thank you - do you have a link to that Q&A? Would be great to save in my files

https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/videos/10156068154799244/

46 minutes in Steve Ritchie answers the question on where the ball should go after the right eject and how to potentially adjust it.

#578 5 years ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

Info Anywhere else besides facebook? No account.

Unfortunately I can't find it anywhere else but even without logging into facebook I was able to view the video. It asked me to log in and I clicked on 'not now' and I was able to view the video just fine.

Just after 48 minutes in Steve Ritchie also talks about how to make an adjustment to make the Fork Ramp Death Star shot easier on the Premium/LE. I made the change a few weeks ago and I must say it has been THE biggest 'quality of life' improvement I've made to the machine.

I found that my rail above the fork ramp was set too low by default and that was causing way too many death star shot rejections, as the ball was hitting the bottom of the rail. So I loosened the screw on the bottom left hand side of the Death Star and lifted the rail.

pinballaddicted actually wrote a bit about this on page one of this thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-le-problems-and-solutions#post-3978670

And as Steve Ritchie said in the video, there is a sweet spot on each machine, for me I've had no issues since lifting the rail as high as I could (so long as there is enough clearance for a ball to go through of course). I even added another set of washes on all the points that hold up the Hyper Loop rail so as to make lifting the rail into the Death Star easier.

I highly recommend this adjustment to anyone getting frequent death star shot rejections on the Premium/LE.

1 month later
#596 5 years ago
Quoted from Behnendl:

I am having issue with hyperloop speed. It will not even make it all the way around once. It just started happening. I was running .03 and just update to .05 and it is still happening. Any thoughts?

So long as the magnets are working (as dnapac said, check the service menu) the only things I can think of are:
Is it possible the balls have magnetized over time?
Maybe the rail has a physical issue, you might want to check the Hyperloop rail with the glass off (and the machine off), grab a ball and see if a it can easily travel around the rail without any tight spots causing it to slow.

I hope you work out what's causing the problem. Keep us updated.

1 year later
#655 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Filed down the corner of what?

mtfbwy (resized).jpgmtfbwy (resized).jpg
When the gate opens up, the bit highlighted in yellow sticks out ever so slightly into the shooter lane, it can be filed down to minimize the ball hitting into the gate. It's a common problem actually, I had to do something similar to what Sprudeldudel did.

3 years later
#718 3 months ago

Compared to my SW Premium (late 2017 early 2018) the triangle inserts boarder size is different.
SwIn (resized).jpgSwIn (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#722 3 months ago

Yep, same here. When using the accelerator test not all the optos trigger. It might be speed related, just a guess but the game might calculate how fast the ball returned into the Death Star and then activates the optimum amount of magnets to accelerate the ball for another loop.

But it would be nice to get more owners confirming this just to be sure as it's definitely something that's going to be brought up as players tinker with the accelerator in the coming years.

If it does work as I'm guessing, it would be ideal to have a setting to very slightly increase the speed of the accelerator. I've noticed while in game there are times when the accelerator works perfectly even with multiple balls in it and other times it has trouble with the very last loop of a ball, instead of exiting the exit diverter it's unable to make it around to the first accelerator just behind the Death Star and rolls down the left loop. So it would be nice to just give the accelerator a tad more juice to get it to run perfectly, especially for that last loop.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 10.95
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 21.50
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hoochoo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-le-problems-and-solutions?tu=Hoochoo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.