20200626_175435 (resized).jpg
20200626_175504 (resized).jpg
mtfbwy (resized).jpg
IMG_20200623_073711 (resized).jpg
FC11DE2A-D719-444C-B237-4A59DF8388A5 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
021 (2) (resized).JPG
IMG_6371 (resized).JPG

There are 691 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 14.
#651 1 year ago

Does anyone have a problem with the escape bar sticking out too far in the shooter lane and negatively affecting auto launches? Any known fixes? The ball makes contact every time the gate is open and either goes airborne or Slowly dribbles out of the shooter lane. Thanks.

FC11DE2A-D719-444C-B237-4A59DF8388A5 (resized).png
#652 1 year ago

Your auto launcher is not centered and sending the ball into the side of the shooter lane.

#653 1 year ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

Does anyone have a problem with the escape bar sticking out too far in the shooter lane and negatively affecting auto launches? Any known fixes? The ball makes contact every time the gate is open and either goes airborne or Slowly dribbles out of the shooter lane. Thanks.

I had the exact issue. To analyze it I had created super slow motion videos. Adjusting the auto launcher is impossible reliably because the thing is not designed for such adjustments and has enormous tolerances to begin with. I filed down that corner in a 45 degree angle to match the others and the problem is solved.

IMG_20200623_073711 (resized).jpg
#654 1 year ago
Quoted from Sprudeldudel:

I had the exact issue. To analyze it I had created super slow motion videos. Adjusting the auto launcher is impossible reliably because the thing is not designed for such adjustments and has enormous tolerances to begin with. I filed down that corner in a 45 degree angle to match the others and the problem is solved.[quoted image]

Filed down the corner of what?

#655 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Filed down the corner of what?

mtfbwy (resized).jpg
When the gate opens up, the bit highlighted in yellow sticks out ever so slightly into the shooter lane, it can be filed down to minimize the ball hitting into the gate. It's a common problem actually, I had to do something similar to what Sprudeldudel did.

#656 1 year ago
Quoted from Hoochoo:

[quoted image]
When the gate opens up, the bit highlighted in yellow sticks out ever so slightly into the shooter lane, it can be filed down to minimize the ball hitting into the gate. It's a common problem actually, I had to do something similar to what Sprudeldudel did.

Awesome. Thank you. I am sure I will have to do the same.

#657 1 year ago

I have an LE that has always had two issues I can't seem to resolve. First, when Death Star missions is lit and the hyperspace hyperloop hurry up is going, when I hit a shot into the Death Star the mission select is activated but the ball is either not held to select the mission, so it drains right away or it goes through the hyperloop once or twice then drains before you can quickly get through the mission intro. To solve this issue I find myself avoiding the death star when death star missions are lit until the hurry up is over or I select a mission and hold the flipper as fast as I can to power the flippers back up before the ball drains.

Second issue also involves the hyperloop. I can't seem to get it to return a ball until it goes into ball finder mode. This means I typically have to wait 25 cycles around the loop before I can get my ball back. I have had some luck hitting the flippers enough to lower the electrical current on the magnets allowing the ball to drop back into play from the Death Star ramp. Does anyone know if there is a way to adjust the number of times the ball goes around or another trick to get it to eject earlier?

#658 1 year ago
Quoted from Hoochoo:

[quoted image]

I think I need to do this also. I hit it once in awhile. Just enough to annoy me.

#659 1 year ago
Quoted from Straight2VHS:

I have an LE that has always had two issues I can't seem to resolve. First, when Death Star missions is lit and the hyperspace hyperloop hurry up is going, when I hit a shot into the Death Star the mission select is activated but the ball is either not held to select the mission, so it drains right away or it goes through the hyperloop once or twice then drains before you can quickly get through the mission intro. To solve this issue I find myself avoiding the death star when death star missions are lit until the hurry up is over or I select a mission and hold the flipper as fast as I can to power the flippers back up before the ball drains.
Second issue also involves the hyperloop. I can't seem to get it to return a ball until it goes into ball finder mode. This means I typically have to wait 25 cycles around the loop before I can get my ball back. I have had some luck hitting the flippers enough to lower the electrical current on the magnets allowing the ball to drop back into play from the Death Star ramp. Does anyone know if there is a way to adjust the number of times the ball goes around or another trick to get it to eject earlier?

This sounds like a code issue and I would contact Stern. They will probably tell you to do a factory reset or reflash.

#660 1 year ago

Sounds like both could be related to a common problem... hmmm.... I’d try resetting to factory, making sure latest code is in as previously suggested and then if not, look for non working switches? I have an LE and all works as it should, never missed a beat.

#661 1 year ago

I had this same issue. My divertor arm had fell off. The e-clip was missing. I put the divertor arm on and put on an extra e-clip I had laying around and issues was fixed. Hope this helps.

20200626_175435 (resized).jpg20200626_175504 (resized).jpg
#662 1 year ago

Great pic.

#663 1 year ago

Sorry didn't realize it came out like that.

20200627_091543 (resized).jpg
#664 1 year ago

I’m having an issue where occasionally when I power on the game everything stays black , except red light inside panel and a “ tick tock tick tock” type noise.
I reset game a few times then it’s starts fine

#665 1 year ago
Quoted from hanzie:

I’m having an issue where occasionally when I power on the game

Had the same issue once, and it ended up being that the memory card wasn't completely seated.

#666 1 year ago

Having a problem with the hyperloop (surprise). The issue appears to be with the first magnet. The ball stops and shakes when it gets to the first magnet. So with multiple balls, the slowing down of the the ball eventually causes the balls to collide. I run this in test mode by feeding a ball up the left wireform.

The game also doesn't seem to recognize multiple balls in the hyperloop, even tough the switch test shows all 4 optos in the hyperloop are working. So in hyperspace multi-ball, I'll have 2 balls spinning around and the countdown is still running "shoot the hyperspace ramp." So I never get a third ball.

#667 1 year ago

Played with pitch and that has helped.

#668 1 year ago

How can playfield pitch help?

#669 1 year ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

How can playfield pitch help?

Great question. It must affect the way the ball flies off the wire form onto the back ramp.

#670 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

First check that the accelerator coils are firing in order. You can tell by the blue LEDs above the plastic ramp you are talking about. As each coil fires, the blue LED above it turns on. Some owners have had to change the wiring around to make sure that the accelerator coils are firing in order.
You can adjust the height to the wire ramp that is entering the death star. This is the issue we had and the ball was falling out the bottom of the death star because our ramp was set too high and the coil was not catching the ball. There is a nut right under the death star on the left hand side. If you loosen the nut, you can move (adjust) the ramp up and down. We have our ramp set at the lowest point so that the ball does not hit the ramp on the way down on the way out of the death star. In test mode we can get 3 balls in there and they will not stop going around until we turn the accelerator off. When the ramp is set too high, the ball does not go around the hyper loop as it bounces off the ramp. When the ramp is set too low, same thing however the ball will not come out the bottom of the death star. If the ramp is set too low, you will have difficulty shooting the ball up in to the death star. It took us a few goes to get it right. You will know when you have it in the right spot. Shots in to the death star are smooth, the first accelerator coil catches the ball every time, and the balls fly around the loop as they are supposed to.
I have never been able to get more than one ball in the loop while playing the game. My wife has managed to get 3 balls flying around. Holy cow, looks awesome.
Good luck!
Con

Bump for this post. I had to move my ramp down to fix the same problem of the ball smacking the entrance to the magnet tunnel. Now it works great, whew!

1 month later
#671 1 year ago

Do you guys have the protector on signature plaque? Any damaged it/touched it up?

A36B34AC-C8DC-43E8-8021-809DDC17D93B (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#672 1 year ago

Posted this in another SW thread as well...

More mini-LCD screen issues...

I have a Star Wars PREM. The CN10 socket (HDMI to the mini LCD screen) on the main CPU board has come loose from the main board. It's not totally separated from the board, but it is not secure. In the past I had noticed that the mini screen would boot up "white," without showing the display as normal. Other times the screen would come up just fine. As of today, i doesn't even come up white.

In tracing back the cables from the screen is where I noticed that the C10 connector is loose. The leads look like they may still be connected, but are bent. The four corners of the connector are not attached to the board at all.

What are my options for getting this fixed? It is years out of warranty. I sent a note to Stern support. Any other suggestions?

021 (2) (resized).JPG

IMG_0422 (resized).jpgIMG_0423 (resized).jpg
#673 1 year ago
Quoted from pudealee:

Any other suggestions?

That socket is a rather big thing considering "electronics" Should be possible to reseat for anone with a bit of experience and decent soldering equipment.

1 week later
#674 1 year ago

Can someone please tell me where I can adjust the auto plunger power? I can not find it in the adjust menu anywhere. The ball frequently drains to the left outlane after autoplunge and off the multiplier targets. Much appreciated!

3 weeks later
#675 11 months ago

On my premium, without any changes on the left return ramp where the ball stop for modes is, the ball stop is not dropping below the ramp and the ball gets stuck there until a ball search launches it out to the playfield. Any suggestions? Is there an adjustment to from the stop or do I raise the ramp? Thanks!

20200927_114202 (resized).jpg
#676 11 months ago

OK. I found the adjustment on my own, but it is already as low as it will go. Any thoughts? Is the stopper required? Any long term effects of removing it? Also thinking I could trim it down...

20200927_130059 (resized).jpg

#677 11 months ago
Quoted from Karl_Hungus:

Is the stopper required?

No, remove it. Nobody needs that for anything.

#678 11 months ago

If you remove it, there will hear the clack when it drops. See if the ramp got tweaked.

1 month later
#679 10 months ago

From Stern about the Death Star Hold Power setting...

This setting controls the amount of power for the coil that controls the death star actuator assembly. Unless the coil is getting weak you should not have to make any changes to this setting.

2 weeks later
#680 10 months ago

I also have a problem with the ball get stuck above of the Fork ramp. The fork itself is not bent. So it seems not to be an easy fix for me. I've triple checked all connections, but cannot find any cable thats is even a little bit out of fixture. When trying to perform the "Fork ramp Test" in diag mode, The motor doesn't wanna move at all. Neither in any direction. I connected 12v to the motor, and it worked fine both ways. So the motor seems to be okay.
The three microswitches works fine also in switches test mode. during gameplay the ramp seems to be halfway up sometimes. Not all the way up. Rarely it is on it's lowest position. I've spent like 9-10h now. And the sadest thing is that I've just bought the game from a person that said the game was like new. So I haven't played ones, without this issue. The game is a Limited Edition model

#681 10 months ago
Quoted from Mike_T:

I also have a problem with the ball get stuck above of the Fork ramp.

In code 0.91 or 0.92 there was a bug that fried the node board controlling the ramp. In later code that was fixed. Possibly you are in for a replacement, which Stern gave out for free back then (I think).

#682 10 months ago
Quoted from Sprudeldudel:

In code 0.91 or 0.92 there was a bug that fried the node board controlling the ramp. In later code that was fixed. Possibly you are in for a replacement, which Stern gave out for free back then (I think).

When I reciebved the game, the f/w was 1.0 so I updated it to 1.05. According to the seller, the game has been working fine for him. So it seems there was a while that the old f/w was on the market. I've also contacted stern. But they have stopped answering my emails now

2 months later
#683 7 months ago

Hi Everyone,

I have had Premium pretty much such the Pin launched. I updated the code to the latest revision and what I am seeing now is the metal ramp that brings the ball into the death store is now lowering and raising seemingly constantly. Is that a feature of the new code or a defect with the ramp?

#684 7 months ago
Quoted from VirtualMayhem:

Hi Everyone,
I have had Premium pretty much such the Pin launched. I updated the code to the latest revision and what I am seeing now is the metal ramp that brings the ball into the death store is now lowering and raising seemingly constantly. Is that a feature of the new code or a defect with the ramp?

I have the premium with new code and not had any issue like you are describing.

#685 7 months ago

Anyone notice w/ the latest code that the hyperspace loop seems to occasionally "misfire" and cause the ball to only make it partially around the loop? I never had any issues w/ the hyperspace loop pre-upgrade. But perhaps it's a coincidence.

#686 7 months ago
Quoted from rai:

I have the premium with new code and not had any issue like you are describing.

Ditto. Sorry for your troubles.

#687 7 months ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Anyone notice w/ the latest code that the hyperspace loop seems to occasionally "misfire" and cause the ball to only make it partially around the loop? I never had any issues w/ the hyperspace loop pre-upgrade. But perhaps it's a coincidence.

I have that happen when two or more balls are in there, before the code update as well as after.

#688 7 months ago

I'm having a problem when hyperloop is to end the chute does not open enough for ball to drop down and go to right flipper.

How can I fix this?
Thank for any help you can provide.

#689 7 months ago

Super pissed!

Now right ramp switch now working

#690 7 months ago

Ok.
Fixed both
Lmao

7 months later
#691 10 days ago

Hi folks... I have a spotight out on my SW premium (yes bulb is good) so my questions are:

1) is this a stern standard spotlight? the wring indicates it is,but all wires are connected and tight

2) how do I trouble shoot the issue to find the loose wire or broken wire?

Thanks... RK

IMG_4111 (resized).jpg

There are 691 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 14.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside