Topic Stats

• 670 posts
  • 139 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by spidey
  • Topic is favorited by 71 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 56 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200627_091543 (resized).jpg
20200626_175435 (resized).jpg
20200626_175504 (resized).jpg
mtfbwy (resized).jpg
IMG_20200623_073711 (resized).jpg
FC11DE2A-D719-444C-B237-4A59DF8388A5 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
021 (2) (resized).JPG
IMG_6371 (resized).JPG
22540813-3451-406A-9018-891035343009 (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_20180615_084531 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180328_171043 (resized).jpg
IMG_0535 (resized).jpg
IMG_1922 (resized).JPG
IMG_1921 (resized).JPG

There are 670 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 14.
#651 18 days ago

Does anyone have a problem with the escape bar sticking out too far in the shooter lane and negatively affecting auto launches? Any known fixes? The ball makes contact every time the gate is open and either goes airborne or Slowly dribbles out of the shooter lane. Thanks.

FC11DE2A-D719-444C-B237-4A59DF8388A5 (resized).png
#652 18 days ago

Your auto launcher is not centered and sending the ball into the side of the shooter lane.

#653 18 days ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

Does anyone have a problem with the escape bar sticking out too far in the shooter lane and negatively affecting auto launches? Any known fixes? The ball makes contact every time the gate is open and either goes airborne or Slowly dribbles out of the shooter lane. Thanks.

I had the exact issue. To analyze it I had created super slow motion videos. Adjusting the auto launcher is impossible reliably because the thing is not designed for such adjustments and has enormous tolerances to begin with. I filed down that corner in a 45 degree angle to match the others and the problem is solved.

IMG_20200623_073711 (resized).jpg
#654 18 days ago
Quoted from Sprudeldudel:

I had the exact issue. To analyze it I had created super slow motion videos. Adjusting the auto launcher is impossible reliably because the thing is not designed for such adjustments and has enormous tolerances to begin with. I filed down that corner in a 45 degree angle to match the others and the problem is solved.[quoted image]

Filed down the corner of what?

#655 18 days ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Filed down the corner of what?

mtfbwy (resized).jpg
When the gate opens up, the bit highlighted in yellow sticks out ever so slightly into the shooter lane, it can be filed down to minimize the ball hitting into the gate. It's a common problem actually, I had to do something similar to what Sprudeldudel did.

#656 18 days ago
Quoted from Hoochoo:

[quoted image]
When the gate opens up, the bit highlighted in yellow sticks out ever so slightly into the shooter lane, it can be filed down to minimize the ball hitting into the gate. It's a common problem actually, I had to do something similar to what Sprudeldudel did.

Awesome. Thank you. I am sure I will have to do the same.

#657 15 days ago

I have an LE that has always had two issues I can't seem to resolve. First, when Death Star missions is lit and the hyperspace hyperloop hurry up is going, when I hit a shot into the Death Star the mission select is activated but the ball is either not held to select the mission, so it drains right away or it goes through the hyperloop once or twice then drains before you can quickly get through the mission intro. To solve this issue I find myself avoiding the death star when death star missions are lit until the hurry up is over or I select a mission and hold the flipper as fast as I can to power the flippers back up before the ball drains.

Second issue also involves the hyperloop. I can't seem to get it to return a ball until it goes into ball finder mode. This means I typically have to wait 25 cycles around the loop before I can get my ball back. I have had some luck hitting the flippers enough to lower the electrical current on the magnets allowing the ball to drop back into play from the Death Star ramp. Does anyone know if there is a way to adjust the number of times the ball goes around or another trick to get it to eject earlier?

#658 15 days ago
Quoted from Hoochoo:

[quoted image]

I think I need to do this also. I hit it once in awhile. Just enough to annoy me.

#659 15 days ago
Quoted from Straight2VHS:

I have an LE that has always had two issues I can't seem to resolve. First, when Death Star missions is lit and the hyperspace hyperloop hurry up is going, when I hit a shot into the Death Star the mission select is activated but the ball is either not held to select the mission, so it drains right away or it goes through the hyperloop once or twice then drains before you can quickly get through the mission intro. To solve this issue I find myself avoiding the death star when death star missions are lit until the hurry up is over or I select a mission and hold the flipper as fast as I can to power the flippers back up before the ball drains.
Second issue also involves the hyperloop. I can't seem to get it to return a ball until it goes into ball finder mode. This means I typically have to wait 25 cycles around the loop before I can get my ball back. I have had some luck hitting the flippers enough to lower the electrical current on the magnets allowing the ball to drop back into play from the Death Star ramp. Does anyone know if there is a way to adjust the number of times the ball goes around or another trick to get it to eject earlier?

This sounds like a code issue and I would contact Stern. They will probably tell you to do a factory reset or reflash.

#660 15 days ago

Sounds like both could be related to a common problem... hmmm.... I’d try resetting to factory, making sure latest code is in as previously suggested and then if not, look for non working switches? I have an LE and all works as it should, never missed a beat.

#661 15 days ago

I had this same issue. My divertor arm had fell off. The e-clip was missing. I put the divertor arm on and put on an extra e-clip I had laying around and issues was fixed. Hope this helps.

20200626_175435 (resized).jpg20200626_175504 (resized).jpg
#662 14 days ago

Great pic.

#663 14 days ago

Sorry didn't realize it came out like that.

20200627_091543 (resized).jpg
#664 14 days ago

I’m having an issue where occasionally when I power on the game everything stays black , except red light inside panel and a “ tick tock tick tock” type noise.
I reset game a few times then it’s starts fine

#665 13 days ago
Quoted from hanzie:

I’m having an issue where occasionally when I power on the game

Had the same issue once, and it ended up being that the memory card wasn't completely seated.

#666 13 days ago

Having a problem with the hyperloop (surprise). The issue appears to be with the first magnet. The ball stops and shakes when it gets to the first magnet. So with multiple balls, the slowing down of the the ball eventually causes the balls to collide. I run this in test mode by feeding a ball up the left wireform.

The game also doesn't seem to recognize multiple balls in the hyperloop, even tough the switch test shows all 4 optos in the hyperloop are working. So in hyperspace multi-ball, I'll have 2 balls spinning around and the countdown is still running "shoot the hyperspace ramp." So I never get a third ball.

#667 13 days ago

Played with pitch and that has helped.

#668 13 days ago

How can playfield pitch help?

#669 13 days ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

How can playfield pitch help?

Great question. It must affect the way the ball flies off the wire form onto the back ramp.

#670 11 days ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

First check that the accelerator coils are firing in order. You can tell by the blue LEDs above the plastic ramp you are talking about. As each coil fires, the blue LED above it turns on. Some owners have had to change the wiring around to make sure that the accelerator coils are firing in order.
You can adjust the height to the wire ramp that is entering the death star. This is the issue we had and the ball was falling out the bottom of the death star because our ramp was set too high and the coil was not catching the ball. There is a nut right under the death star on the left hand side. If you loosen the nut, you can move (adjust) the ramp up and down. We have our ramp set at the lowest point so that the ball does not hit the ramp on the way down on the way out of the death star. In test mode we can get 3 balls in there and they will not stop going around until we turn the accelerator off. When the ramp is set too high, the ball does not go around the hyper loop as it bounces off the ramp. When the ramp is set too low, same thing however the ball will not come out the bottom of the death star. If the ramp is set too low, you will have difficulty shooting the ball up in to the death star. It took us a few goes to get it right. You will know when you have it in the right spot. Shots in to the death star are smooth, the first accelerator coil catches the ball every time, and the balls fly around the loop as they are supposed to.
I have never been able to get more than one ball in the loop while playing the game. My wife has managed to get 3 balls flying around. Holy cow, looks awesome.
Good luck!
Con

Bump for this post. I had to move my ramp down to fix the same problem of the ball smacking the entrance to the magnet tunnel. Now it works great, whew!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 670 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 14.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside