(Topic ID: 18270)

SST cpu rom

By BloodyCactus

11 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Anyone ordered the 2.01 cpu rom from marco? I installed it and it flashes the leds L202 and L204. replacing the original 2.00 rom, all works. I made sure to put the notch down as indicated by the position of the original chip + pcb layout marker...

the stern pdf
http://www.sternpinball.com/downloads/IO_Power_Driver_Bd.pdf

says
L202 - is a 20v line but does not say anything about flashing

L204 - LED L204 shows the reset state of the I/O Board. If this LED is not lit either the 5v DC is below 4.75v or the CPU/Sound Board is holding the I/O in reset. If the LED is flashing this means that the watchdog is not being feed by the CPU/Sound Board and the I/O is oscillating into and out of reset. If the LED is continuously on the board is out of reset and communication from the CPU to the lamp matrix is confirmed. Testpoint Blanking is the actual reset signal on the I/O Board. A low voltage indicates that it is in reset this will turn off all Solenoid (Coil) Drivers, Flash Lamps, Lamp Matrix Drivers, Auxiliary Outputs and Flipper Outputs. A high voltage indicates that it is out of reset and normal operation can take place.

Do you have to do anything when you swap a rom? or should it just work?

#2 11 years ago

It should just work.

Everyone gets a bad burn every now and then. They should take care of you.

Next time, I have better prices on ROMS

#3 11 years ago

well I got it since I was getting some other parts at the same time and the rom was 10$ actionpinball is the only other place I know to get roms. do you have a storefront or something?

good to know it should of 'just worked'. for a moment I panicked that I static'ed some poor PAL or GAL that you can't replace anymore lol (I took precausions, honest!)

#4 11 years ago

My site is thatpinballplace.com - its not fancy, but it works - or just send me a PM.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
4,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Toronto, ON
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Hudson, FL
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
$ 23.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sst-cpu-rom and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.